You are essentially eating an endangered species.
Think about that the next time you buy some spicy tuna rolls from the deli or the supermarket - or load up the starkist chicken of the sea with mayo and celery.
This sanctimonious rant brought to you by the society for the elimination of shitty deli and supermarket sushi.
The Web is supposed to make it easier FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS. Not easier just for you.
You are in a service business - and the only difference between you and the next guy is the service you provide - and the effort you put into it. It is NOT acceptable to foist a 20, 30 or 50 field web form on your customer and say 'Here - fill this out'. It's worse than unacceptable - it's lazy, it's unprofessional and it raises more questions and lack of confidence than it answers.
You may think it makes it easier for YOU; It does NOTHING for your customer except overwhelm them. They can, and they will - choose to do business with someone who puts in more effort and who uses the web to augment their service, not try and replace it's human element.
If you rely on personal relationships in your business -- try using the web to CONFIRM decisions you make with your clients - not to lazily replace the consultations where you are expected to help the customer and earn your money.
This is like the Yike Bike - same high centre of gravity too far forward over the front wheel.
1. What happens when police raids and computer crashes take a significant number of the limited scarce resource out of circulation?
2. I heard a tech pundit say that when you receive a bitcoin, you can see the userid of every single person who has ever owned that bitcoin. Don't people think that's a bit of a drawback? Couldn't you collect a bunch of metadata about the buying patterns of people based on who owned the bitcoin before and after them?
- Amazon.comSoftware Development Manager, present
- Oracle Corporation2012
- Janna Systems
- Siebel Systems
- Pepsi Bottling Group Canada
- Wilfrid Laurier University
Charles Ramsey: 'I Don't Want' Media Attention Video. Cleveland Hero
Charles Ramsey instantly became famous across the internet after he gave a descriptive and opinionated interview to another local Cleveland
Skype - free video calling - Apps on Android Market
Make free Skype-to-Skype video calls, and call phones at Skype rates on the move Make free voice and video calls to anyone else on Skype, wh