1. I closed the Area42 hackerspace. I just wasn't able to get down there as much as I wanted to. Also, the building entrance restrictions really didn't allow me to increase the membership. I am considering becoming a full member at if someone will ever sponsor me.
2. My son Kossel mini has been sitting idle for a couple of months because I haven't had any free time to fix it. I was able to finish the mods over the weekend and it's now printing fairly well now. Although I think it still needs a little more tweaking.
3. I have been really interested in making a couple of inventions. So, I have ordered all the parts and I am currently printing out all the parts to make a EZ spin motor and a Mini Atmospheric Motor. See, http://laserhacker.com/?cat=13
4. All the parts are in for the FinalKey. I am in the process of designing a case for it. http://finalkey.net/tech I was thinking about offering this as a talk/build at my local 2600 meet up.
5. I stopped with the hydroponics project for now until I figure out what to do with all the stuff from the hackerspace that is now taking up a lot of space in my apartment.
6. I am also working on a V.2 design for my Bluetooth speaker. https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ColinFaulkingham/posts/gJcyobhNkje
Actually, what I really hope is that a four- or six-wire version will make it to the market (along with the five-wire ones all over ebay and aliexpress), because as a bipolar motor, it might actually be useful.
The problem was the heater lead desoldered.
Update: I was able to dig out the old thermistor, however I had to order a new one, http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=104GT-2virtualkey57480000virtualkey954-104GT-2 my spares where for an older jHead.
- Indoff IncDirector of IT Development & VP of e-Marketing, present
- Software Engineer(Mostly Perl and Node.js)
- Open Source Hardware Hacker
- Political Lefty
11816 Lackland Rd Maryland Heights MO, 63146
The Wolfram Language and Mathematica on Raspberry Pi, for free | Raspber...
One of the best things about working on Raspberry Pi has been the opportunity to meet groups of people who are trying to bring about the sam
RobotGrrl.com » Blog Archive » Tentacle Mechanism (work in progress 3)
Also, the tentacle mechanism appeared on the Adafruit Show and Tell-. Check it out here at the 2:55-7:06 mark! The behaviour for the tentacl
RobotGrrl.com » Blog Archive » Tentacle Mechanism (work in progress 2)
Continuing from the last post, it was now time to add in the servo holders for the tentacle mechanism. It took a few iterations to get the d
Race across screens and platforms, powered by the mobile web - Google De...
News and insights on Google platforms, tools and events
Austerity: the greatest bait-and-switch in history
Mark Blyth, a delightfully sweary Scottish economist, talks for about an hour to Googlers about the stupidity of austerity as a me...
Walking With Dinosaurs 3D trailer is simply stunning
Behold the first gorgeous footage from Walking With Dinosaurs 3D. It is a thing of beauty. Just tune out the clichéd voice over.
Europe Proposes Cheap Quantum Optics Link to the International Space Sta...
The ability to send entangled photons to the ISS would be a stepping stone to a global quantum internet and could test the link between quan
3D Models of SparkFun Parts! - News - SparkFun Electronics
Categories. New Products · Top Sellers · Staff Picks · Gift Certificates · Classes & Events · Books · Breakout Boards; ►Cables · Audio · Eth