In the Mac's favor, I've traditionally handed down my computers to my spouse, who uses a Mac, so we get longer use out of it. On the other hand, I can't ever upgrade or replace parts myself, which is a downer, as I've always done that to increase my computer's lifespan.
In Linux's favor, I prefer using it for the most part. I work with LInux machines and write software intended to run on them all day, so that's easier. On the other hand, it's easy to run Linux (and Windows) in a virtual machine on a Mac; it's not easy to run OS X in a virtual machine under Linux. OS X has plenty of good software I would enjoy using. The same's true for Linux, but as I said, I can run Linux software no problem on a Mac; the opposite is not true.
The money difference isn't unimportant, but it's not as big of a deal as usually stated. I am getting a machine to last me several years, so the difference is about $400 more for a Mac. For a Linux machine, I'm torn between the T440 and an X230t. I love the tablet mode and size of the X230t, but the display is so much better on the T440.
1) If the characters are lost, how does that interact with their previous mapping? In this case, the players had a description of about 4 rooms, but had not camped and drawn a map yet. They became lost: will they still be able to use Cartographer to draw a map of what they know? Are there any specific mechanics to being lost I'm missing?
2) If you use Maneuver to disarm someone's torch, is that torch extinguished?
3) Are 4th turn conditions applied at the top of the turn or end of the turn? In our case, the characters were on turn 3 and entered into a Flee conflict with 12 (!) Giant Bats. (As you can imagine, they lost so hard, thus the lost question above.) The conflict means they are in turn 4: are they hungry & thirsty during the conflict or afterward?
- Consumer Financial Protection BureauTech & Innovation Fellow, 2012 - present
- RelevanceSoftware developer, 2011 - 2012
Simplenote. An easy way to keep notes, lists, ideas, and more.
Simplenote is an easy way to keep notes, lists, ideas, and more. Keep notes on the web, your mobile device, and your computer. Find notes qu
What’s New in Bundler 1.0.0.rc.1 « Katz Got Your Tongue?
What's New in Bundler 1.0.0.rc.1. July 26th, 2010. Taking into consideration the huge amount of feedback we received during the Bundler
Exclusive: David House on Bradley Manning, Secret WikiLeaks Grand Jury, ...
On the eve of the extradition hearing for WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange in London, we spend an exclusive hour with David House, w