- Adopting SocialSEO and SMM Consulting, 2012 - presentI help others use the internet to harness the power for good. Preferably related to adoption since I am REALLY REALLY good with adoption and the internet, but as long as one is not a soulless corporate sucking vampire, I'm usually open to a conversation.
- DragonSeach MarketingDirector of Social Media & Adoption Blogger: SEO, copywriting, personal and coprorate blogging and consulting, SMO queen, 2008 - 2012I got a job very serendipitously because I blogged. There was no twitter and facebook had not yet exploded to take over the world. Then they did and I was the Director of Social Media. I started some huge FB pages for brands. I ran contests. I learned a whole lot.. it was better than college. But I was a community person visiting the world of marketing and I felt my soul begin to rot. So I left the corporate world to be poor among the voiceless. It's better this way.
- DeStefano and Associates, Terrapin Resturant, Evil WIlliams LumberOnce upon a time, I was an interior designer. I was a rather good interior designer as I have great taste. It was great fun for a long time, but then.. working with people whose biggest issue is that the paint might be a shade too dark, or there was a knot hole in their woodwork got old and started feeling shallow. So now I just live in a beautifully designed house and everyone else is out of luck!
845 750 5954
ClaudiaCorrigan D’Arcy has been online and involved in the adoption community since early in 2001. She originally began independently researching adoption issues in preparation of the successful search and reunion with her own son, Max, whom was placed for adoption in 1987. Her adoption blog, Musings of the Lame- Life as Birthmother has become a much needed road map for many mothers who relinquished, adoptees who long to be heard, and adoptive parents who seek understanding.
Her writings on adoption issues have been published in The New York Times, BlogHer, Divine Caroline, Adoption Today Magazine, Adoption Constellation Magazine, Adoption Voice Magazine, and many others. She has been interviewed by Dan Rather, Montel Williams and appeared on Huffington Post regarding adoption as well as presented at various adoption conferences.
She serves on the Board of Directors for the Adoptee Rights Coalition.
- Empire State Collegepresent
- SVA, Nassau Community College, College at New Paltz
The Sherri Shepherd Case: One More Reason to Ban Commercial Surrogacy | ...
The actress, author, and businesswoman Sherri Shepherd, currently on The View, lost her court battle today over the custody of her surrogate
Star Trek Actress Kate Mulgrew Tells All, Celebrity News - AARP
'Orange Is the New Black' actress Kate Mulgrew faces her past — and lets go of a burden of shame.
A renewed push for an Adoptee Bill of Rights in New York State
There's a renewed push for an Adoptee Bill of Rights in New York State. Versions of this bill have been introduced in previous sessions, but
Adoption By Gentle Care and my good friend Claudia D'Arcy- (oh boy!)
So you all should read this, it's quite interesting. But you know, the most interesting thing about it? That they think intimidation and sca
The Demons of Adoption Award for 2014 #flipthescript #NAAM2014
The Pound Pup Legacy Annual Demons of Adoption Award Upon a successful 2nd nomination and upon election within the Adoption community for ri
Demons of Adoption 2014- Adoption By Gentle Care Wins in A Landslide!
"This year's recipient of the Demons of Adoption Award is a good example of being among the worst in an industry that thrives on bad practic
In the Matter of Camden Stearns- Another, Adoption by Gentle Care Fiasco
Having been nominated for The Demon in Adoptions award for a SECOND TIME, AGC has to be running scared. Their first nomination was in the ca
Listen to adoption experiences, speak to adoption issues
It’s that time of year again: National Adoption Awareness (or Bewareness, for some) Month. For the next 30 days, we will be bombarded with o
The Three Traumas of Adoption (based on the writings of Betty Jean Lifton)
Photo credit: psmag.com I have been re-reading Journey of the Adopted Self by Betty Jean Lifton (psychologist, author, adoptee). I read it i
“Breeders: A Subclass of Women?” New Documentary Bravely Probes Surrogac...
“Breeders: A Subclass of Women?” New Documentary Bravely Probes Surrogacy’s Complexities and Dangers in MN at Lagoon Theater on Wednesday Au