Hearty Lentil Soup is a favorite soup of mine. I use a basic vegetable stock recipe and pretty much throw together the lentil soup. I try and eat vegetarian meals at least once a week and I've gotten better at making them tasty. Anyway, try making homemade soup it's easy and delicious and it's healthy so go ahead and Give Your Heart a Break ~ Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart a Break (Official Video)
5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup lentils
1 sweet onion
1 small clove garlic
1 or 2 tablespoons sesame oil
cumin (to taste)
coriander (to taste)
1 carrot finely diced
1 or 2 14 oz cans diced tomato (optional)
1 bunch fresh spinach
Parsley (to garnish)
Sea Salt to taste
1. Cook the lentils in the stock for roughly 30 to 40 minutes. They should be soft but not falling apart.
2. Add the sesame oil to a saute pan and add garlic, cumin and coriander and heat until fragrant. Add the sweet onion and caramelize. Add onions to the cooked lentils.
3. Stir in diced tomato (optional) and carrot. Allow soup to simmer for a few minutes to cook carrot and blend flavors.
4. Just before serving.... briefly saute fresh spinach in the same pan used to cook the onion. Add to soup as a final step before serving.
5. Salt to taste and garnish with fresh parsley. #soup #lentils #vegetarian #foodphotography #recipe #meatlessmondayrecipe