Aloha, and have a great day in Paradise!
- Clarkson UniversityElectronics Engineering, 1980 - 1984
- Comsewogue Senior High SchoolGeekiness, 1976 - 1980
I’ve been married since 1982 - yes, to the same woman (Sharon). I work hard at my marriage, and am proud to be amongst the few that survive this long.
I have two adult sons, Brad and David. Brad is a chef, and David is an Internet consultant at LaskerConsulting.com.
I have a B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, but I only lasted 6 years in that career. I couldn’t stand sitting at a desk all day in a cubicle, and most of my projects ended up being cancelled before they were completed. The coolest project I worked on was the traction control and anti-lock brakes systems for the (new at the time) Saturn cars (now gone forever). The scariest project was a nuclear cruise missile radar altimeter.
After engineering, I diversified quite a bit, experimenting with what I liked and what made money. I’ve done sales, started businesses, was a VP for 10 years for a national health products company, started and sold Practical eCommerce Magazine, and have been completely independent since 2003 doing Web design & consulting, as well as affiliate marketing, training and video tutorials. During all of this, I have aspired to be a full time writer, and have written for Huffington Post, Salon.com, as well as ghost written for dozens of web sites.
In August of 2010, we moved to Kauai, Hawaii. I'm continuing my Web consultancy, and am working on Kauai-based social media training.
- Social KauaiOwner, 2011 - present
- DoublePlus New Media MarketingConsultant/Owner, 1994 - 2007
- Developmental Natural Resources, Inc.Vice President of Marketing, 1994 - 2003
- Christian ConnectionPresident/Owner, 1992 - 1994
- Family Photo CompanyTerritory Manager, 1990 - 1991
- Delco ElectronicsEngineer, 1989 - 1990
- Naval Avionics CenterEngineer, 1985 - 1989
- Texas InstrumentsEngineer, 1984 - 1985