- The Pennsylvania State UniversityProfessor of Philosophy and Classics, 2012 - present
- The Pennsylvania State UniversityAssociate Dean for Graduate and Undergraduate Education, 2013 - presentResponsible for the graduate and undergraduate academic programs in the College of the Liberal Arts at Penn State.
- The Pennsylvania State UniversityAssociate Dean for Undergraduate Education, 2010 - 2013
- The Pennsylvania State UniversityAssociate Professor of Philosophy and Classics, 2004 - 2012
I have numerous publications, including two books, The Ethics of Ontology and Aristotle on the Nature of Truth; I work in Ancient Greek Philosophy, contemporary Continental Philosophy, and #DigitalHumanities.
I have been using social media technology to pursue philosophical research and to cultivate community around my scholarly, administrative and educational values.
The most important thing about me, though, is that I am a husband and a father of two awesome girls. I blog and post about my life with them too.
- Graduate Faculty, The New School for Social ResearchPhilosophy, 1991 - 1998
- Wittenberg UniversityPhilosophy, Political Science, 1987 - 1991
Here are some initial thoughts on this issue on the occasion of the appearance of a recent article on Aristotle.
One of the ways I use digital media to mediate my relationship with the world is by giving myself the assignment of taking a picture a day of one beautiful thing encountered in my quotidian life. Here are the image 212 from my 365 in 2013 project:
The Digital Dialogue is a podcast dedicated to cultivating the excellences of dialogue in a digital age. Over the past four years, I have produced 69 episodes to date in which I have invited colleagues to talk about their work and model scholarly dialogue…
This is a cross posting from my November 27th post on cplong.org: As we sought to map out the design and functionality of the Public Philosophy Journal with colleagues at Matrix a in November, we began to suggest how a disciplinary economy of an open peer…
Our new Digital Humanities Research Designer: James O'Sullivan
I am very pleased to announce that James O'Sullivan will join Penn State on August 1 as our Digital Humanities Research Designer. James is c
Faculty appointments to position Penn State as leader in ethics literacy...
Penn State is embarking on a transformative effort to establish itself as a leader in interdisciplinary ethics research and ethical literacy
@PSULAvoices to host Twitter contest tonight - LAUS Announcements
@PSULAvoices will host a Twitter contest starting at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday October 24 during WPSU's airing of "A Conversation with Eyal Pres
Libraries Diversity Residency Program announces inaugural appointments |...
The University Libraries have launched a new Diversity Residency Program to help prepare recent graduates for leadership positions in the fi