This will be at the same location as the iBooks Author Conference (the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center), but the day after, as we believe this event will be of natural interest (like the Hype Conference) to iBooks Author content creators.
The Two Dans (of Red Jumper, the company behind Book Creator) will kick things off with a video message. We're pleased to have their support in bringing to life this special event and hosting it here in the United States.
The Book Creator Conference is $149 to attend, or free for those who register for the iBooks Author Conference on or before May 31. Thanks for Anthony DiLaura hosting this group, as always, and allowing promotional posts like this as well which most members of this group will likely find of interest.
When I asked students who helped us, "What was your favorite part of the day", Sebi (student) said, "I loved learning today. I didn't want the day to end."
As a teacher, how do you NOT walk a little taller after that. Rosa and I were so moved with today's gifts!
Coaches and Storytellers -- you make the world a better place for the kids. Don't forget that. My lessons learned today were: (1) include the kids in your problem solving journey! They will be better because of it! (2) Help your teachers problem solve with kids. Also, (3) it's not about technology and how it can "fit" into my lessons, but, how can we enhance the learning/ assignments/ projects with technology.
To add, Mr. Meade (Social Studies) said, "we have to use EVERY OPPORTUNITY possible to help kids have more tools to be successful." This quote reminded me that, for teachers, technology is an opportunity to provide those options for our kids. Our fears can reduce those options if we make it about the teacher first. Thanks, Mr Meade, for the reminder as to why this is the right thing to do.
Team leaders: , , -- it was a REMARKABLE day! Thanks for everything you did to make today a priority. These images were some of my favorite moments.
Thank you, kids, for being Amazing!
Shout out to who has created an easy to follow video to help with this.
Will also allocate some time during orientation if needed... let me know.
- String Theory SchoolsInnovation Specialist, 2013 - presentAs an Innovation Specialist at String Theory Schools, My role is to provide just in time professional development opportunities for faculty and staff including one to one trainings, district wide in service training, strategies for innovative uses of technology in the classroom, best practices for students to consume, create and author content using iPad in our 1:1 iPad Schools. I also teach Digital Media Arts and Design, am a secondary certified math teacher, with Business Education certification and MSc as K12 certified Instructional Technology Specialist. Apple Distinguished Educator, Class 2009. I currently serve on the ADE Advisory Board.
- Jenkintown School DistrictDigital Media Arts and Design, 2011 - 2013Digital Media Arts and Design Teacher, Curriculum Designer, Instructional Tech Specialist, Mac Classroom
- Center for Arts and Technology-Brandywine CampusMath Teacher, 2005 - 2011Math Teacher, Content Coach
- Springfield School DistrictInstructional Assistant, 1997 - 2005Instructional Assistant working with students with special needs
- Self EmployedDental Technician/Lab Owner, 1984 - 1997Owner, Technician
- Cabrini CollegeMathematics and Education, 2002 - 2005
- Saint Joseph's UniversityInstructional Technology Specialist, 2007 - 2008
- West Chester UniversityTechnology, 2009 - 2011
Can Teachers Author Their Own Textbooks on the Fly? -- THE Journal
At Philadelphia’s String Theory School, teachers develop their own course materials in iTunes U, making the bulging backpack full of books a
New Google Docs Cheat Sheet to Use in Class ~ Educational Technology and...
September 15, 2014. Here is a new Google Docs cheat sheet that is ideal for classroom use. This free downloadable document is created by the
Geek and Sundry | Your Daily Dose of Geekiness & etc.
Unplugged. Gaming comes to life! Spooked. A paranormal comedy. Arcade Arms. Videogame weapons come to life! Co-Optitude. Felicia Day and Ryo
Seth's Blog: Most presentations aren't bullet proof
Bullets do not save time. Memos save time. Presentations aren't about the most concise exposition of facts, they are about changing minds. B
A Practical Guide For Teachers Who Just Got iPads - Edudemic
There are some big DOs and DON'Ts if you're on the receiving end of an iPad in the classroom. This is a guide for teachers to save time and
Laptops for Science Leadership Academy: Innovative Philly Public School ...
Help students learn with the tools of the modern world. logo. The Big Ask: Science Leadership Academy is a 1:1 laptop school where every stu
La Masía - Guía de restaurantes y blog gastronómico de la isla de Lanzarote
Comer en Lanzarote es una guía para saber de los restaurantes en Lanzarote, dónde comer en Lanzarote, qué tipos de restaurante hay en Lanzar
Students, Here's How to Kick-Start Your Personal Brand Online
Your online presence is the new resume. Career experts explain when and how students should start thinking about their personal branding.