And the war/scapegoating of mental illness begins. Let's not mention the fact all laws putting people classified as "mentally ill" onto a list will do is prevent people from getting help and getting support to begin with.
Holmes’ defense attorney Tamara Brady asked Agent Steve Beggs if there is a legal process to keep from selling these items legally in Colorado to a “severely mentally ill person.” Beggs answered that there is not.
17 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 49 previous comments
- From a different perspective... Australians don't have the right to bear arms, except for farmers or members of gun-clubs. Its not really possible for the average person here to "buy an arsenal" anymore. Sure, we still have small scale shootings, but the last massacre by an alleged crazy guy in Australia was in 1996, just before the gun laws were tightened up. In my view its a good thing to reduce guns in society.Jan 12, 2013
- Say that when you are faced with violence not only from mentally ill but drug induced individuals who don't have a care for another human beings life... Our world is different than yours I'm afraid:-)Jan 12, 2013
- True, but we have mentally ill drug induced individuals here too. The difference is they don't carry an arsenal of weapons bought over the counter.Jan 12, 2013
- Okay again... Be faced with it and then tell me what would you do? Die I suppose! Good luck with that!Jan 12, 2013
- tere maa chudaFeb 26, 2013
- Sadly that may happen and they are trying to force gun registration as well... History recycles.Mar 14, 2014