Every time I think I could not respect Neil deGrasse Tyson any more than I already do, he says something like this. His intense critique about the link below on FB: "Further evidence of a failing educational system. The America that led the 20th century is in rapid intellectual decline. And the depths of its economic consequences have yet to be fully plumbed."
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 31 previous comments
- See above. Evolution is a well-observed fact. Furthermore, there's no such a thing as "just a theory" - a theory is an explanation that is well established, explains what is known about the issue at hand and makes predictions that can be verified. A theory is not a "guess" - a scientific theory is the best explanation we can get.May 15, 2012
- you mean years.to the best 100 years maximum. Before transformation take place which evolution theory says it takes millions of years for transformation then how come such will occur logically? it is really illogical theory.Making a fool of itself.if evolution theory is correct i.e we all humans came from monkeys then why monkeys are still there on the earth.It also means that human being will transform into eagle or eagle turn into human vice-versa in the near future? Human, monkeys and all the creatures have a average life span of just 60 - 80May 15, 2012
- I really suggest you read a bit about how evolution works, because this line of argument is not helping your cause. You're showing a serious lack of understanding. The life span of animals has nothing to do with this.May 15, 2012
- As I said before (FYI!), evolution is a fact in the sense that it has been observed, and sometimes experimented, that an organism can evolve to adapt to a changing environment. So we know for sure that species can change and are not something immutable.
The theory part is about to explain how it actually work and how species actually evolved.
We know that it took billion years because, for example, we have several means to date the earth and all the methods only differ by a small margin. By the way the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, and the universe can only be older than that.
And please don't mention the Coran or the Bible about scientific facts. Both books were written by human with no clues about their environment. Theses books may be "holly" in the spiritual sense, but whenever they spoke about actual scientific facts, most of the time it is proven wrong.
And if by chance they guess something right, it is by no mean a proof.
So just keep religion out of the debate.May 15, 2012
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection, as suggest, you really should read a little about evolution. Is it really so difficult to do? It just take seconds to find. Here is a link on wikipedia:
Oh, and evolution theory never said that Human descend from apes. It say that apes and human probably have a common ancestor. Current apes and human evolved in parallel.May 15, 2012
- That species do not change; that god created all living things - as they are today.... ; that man is special and elected to take charge.May 16, 2012