Its important to remember this condition not only affects soldiers involved in active combat, but is prevalent in all areas of emergency services (police, fire, EMS) ,and even among civilians exposed to traumatic events. One of the most recent studies by Dr. John Violanti (2012) suggests that approximately 125,000 U.S. police officers are working with the physical and mental affects of PTSD.
Please take this opportunity to educate yourself if your not familiar with this potentially fatal disorder and reach out to those who you know are hurting or struggling and remind them they are Never Alone!
- MN State University Mankato / Law Enforcement Survival InstituteCollege Professor / Consultant, 2011 - presentConsultant and Instructor in a variety of areas of police officer wellness.
- Minnesota State University MankatoLaw Enforcement Professor, 2008 - presentTeach Undergraduate LE Students in areas of Police Stress, Tactical Procedures, Narcotics Investigations, Defensive Tactics and Physical Fitness Assessment.
- Hutchinson Police ServicesDetective Sergeant, 2000 - 2008Supervised General Investigations, School Liaison, Child Protection, Narcotics Investigations, Records and Evidence. Actively investigated all major cases and deaths, served as Coordinator and Supervisor of the Southwest Metro Drug Task Force, and was a Forensic Examiner and Investigator of Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC).
- Carver County Sheriff's OfficeDetective, 1995 - 1999Juvenile Detective, School Liaison, Child Protection, General Investigations, Crimes Against Persons, Narcotics Agent with Southwest Metro Drug Task Force.
- Hutchinson Police ServicesPolice Officer, 1991 - 1995Patrol Officer both part and full-time.
- McLeod County Sheriff's OfficeDeputy Sheriff, 1991 - 1994Park Patrol and part-time deputy working patrol, bailiff, and special assignments.
- Northcentral UniversityPhD. Business Administration with emphasis in Criminal Justice, 2008 - present
- Minnesota State University, MankatoMasters Degree in Public Administration, 1998 - 2004
- Minnesota State University, MankatoBachelor of Science in Law Enforcement / Political Science, 1990 - 1994
The Genius Way Coca-Cola Employees Manage Their Email, Plus More Tips | ...
Forget work/life balance. You can sleep when you die.At least that's how Snapchat's Emily White and Coca Cola's Wendy Clark said they approa
Ex-Plainville cop aims to help first responders keep the faith
NORTH ATTLEBORO - Retired Plainville police Sgt. George Brown knows how stress can mount in the lives of police officers and other first res
Ariz. officer fatally shot at traffic stop, 3 in custody
Associated Press PHOENIX — A police officer for an American Indian community in eastern metropolitan Phoenix was fatally shot during a traff
Living with the sacrifice: Catastrophically-injured officers
“The shooter didn’t kill me, but he still took my life.”When I wrote those words for a novel that I’m working on, I didn’t know they would a
19 Reasons Why Willpower Fails You, And What To Do About It
Willpower is essential fuel, but it needs help to move us forward.
Cops Alive | Police Stress and Health - Career Survival
Cops Alive | Police Stress and Health - Career Survival. Information, strategies and tools to help cops plan happy, healthy and successful c