WiP - Spread for Age of Legends
Slow progress today, partly due to the return of the builder and the associate noise and disruption. However, mostly my time, as has been the case for the last week, been spent redoing art and I'm not happy about it.
Technically the artist did nothing wrong, delivered what I asked for and I sign off on it. But when I started laying out the books I noticed some of the palettes where slightly different between bits of art and some had textures applied and others did not. This was not noticeable in the video but once the art is on a white page, positioned next to each other, these things became apparent. Worse, the artist had merged many of the layers and done made then made changes by layering the edits on top.
So to fix all the small (but important to me) problems I've had to disable the art work, clean it up and reassemble it. This is time consuming and sort of defeats the point of hiring an artist in the first place. I guess it is one more lesson learnt in the struggle to become a half-way decent publisher.