Here's my list of movies to look out for in 2012:
2/3 - Chronicle
- A movie about kids getting super powers and then not just becoming batman. Because seriously, if you developed superpowers, would you really go around stopping bank robbers?
2/10 - Safe House
- Spy thriller action moving starring Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington as some kind of psychologist terrorist.
2/24 - Act of Valor
- Documentary-style action flick about the Navy Seals vs. the terrorists. Go USA...
3/2 - The Lorax
- Starring It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Danny DeVito as the Lorax.
4/4 - Iron Sky
- Space Nazis. Nuff' said.
4/27 - The Raven
- This action mystery film starrs John Cusack as Edgar Allan Poe, tracking down a serial killer using Poe's books as inspiration. Has some serious Sherlock Holmes vibes to it.
4/27 - Safe
- Jason Statham as the transporter... again... I got no problems with that.
5/4 - The Avengers
- After 5 blockbuster prologues, I hope the combination of the lot will be amazing. Especially written and directed by Josh Whedon. Just not sure how I feel about Loki as the bad guy...
5/18 - Battleship
- Why not turn a board game into a movie?
5/25 - Men In Black III
- Can you believe its been 10 years since the last one?
6/8 - Prometheus
- Space Thriller by Ridley Scott written by lost writer Damon Lindelof... could be good, depending on how it ends...
6/22 - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- The premise for this movie is nothing short of amazing.
6/22 - Brave
- Pixar can do no wrong.
7/3 - The Amazing Spider-Man
- Fastest reboot ever. Hopefully this one's a little more mature than the other recent Spider-man series.
7/20 - The Dark Knight Rises
- The epic conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy. Can not come soon enough.
8/3 - The Bourne Legacy
- A Bourne movie without Jason Bourne? I do like Jeremy Renner and Edward Norton, so perhaps it will live up to its legacy...
8/17 - The Expendables 2
- With a similar action packed cast, but a more reasonable director than Stallone (Simon West), this movie could be a lot better than the mildly entertaining first one.
11/9 - Skyfall
- No Trailer - James Bond 23. Little is known about it at this point, but its being written by Gladiator's John Logan and still stars Daniel Craig.
12/14 - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- The long-time coming prequel to the epic Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
12/21 - World War Z
- No Trailer - Based on a short but amazing book about a zombie apocalypse told from the point of view of several main characters from around the world... Starring Brad Pitt and other big names with a massive budget. I really hope this turns out good.
?/? - Cloud Atlas
- No Trailer - Will this philosophical Wachowski movie compare to the Matrix? I certainly hope so. Perhaps co-director Tom Tykwer can keep them in check.
?/? - John Dies at the End
- A movie about a drug that causes its users to drift across time and dimensions... Sounds trippy.
Did I miss anything?