You've decided to read through my profile. I see you like to live dangerously. Please, do come in, make yourself comfortable. Can I get you something to drink? Perhaps a glass of wine? No? Let's cut to the chase, then. Here's what's on my mind.
Education - we should be teaching the next generation how to think, not what to think. And we shouldn't be trying to convince every single one of them that the only way to succeed in life is to go into massive debt to earn a watered-down college degree that barely prepares them for jobs that no longer exist.
Politics - let's have the alternative vote, term limits, Constitutional adherence, and lots of competing parties and ideas.
Science - tells us how the world works as best as we can discern with our senses, but is limited in scope. Science cannot tell you why you are here. That may not be a question you concern yourself with. Otherwise, good science is science.
Health - is what tends to happen when you cut back on sugar, load up on fruits and vegetables, watch your caloric intake, and exercise regularly. Kids don't get upset if you steal their broccoli, but they will downright throw a fit if you take their candy. Wait, did I say kids?
Religion - christian, the book is dear to me, fascinating, challenging, and beautiful. And though I study it often and cherish it in my heart, I'm not the better for having read it if it doesn't lead me to God himself, John 5:39-40. A God who spoke once when he was in the mood, but remains silent forever after is no god at all. God spoke things into existence. Jesus is called the Word, the Logos. The Holy Spirit teaches us all things. "My sheep listen to my voice". If you want to live the way Jesus lived, die to self, listen to the Holy Spirit, and do what He tells you.
Self - what is it? What is the intangible thing that puts tangible things into motion? How can the mind control the brain? Where and how does a thought begin?
Odds and Ends
- Nature simulates itself perfectly.
- Tanning beds cause cancer.
- Telling someone your plans releases the same reward chemicals in your brain as actually carrying your plans out.
- Sugar is an addictive, orexigenic drug.
- Google seems like a company interested in more than money...perhaps.
- If you spent a million dollars every day since the time of Christ, you'd fall fairly short of $1 Trillion; our national debt in the U.S. is over $16 Trillion.
- No matter where you go in this world, people are just people.
- If you sum together the areas of a bunch of rectangles between points a and b, where each rectangle is f(x) in height and dx (infinitesimally small) in width, it would be written like this, and it would look like this.
- Android and iOS are both good. They're both good.
- The GOP and Democrat Party are both run by power-hungry men. They're not worth your time, energy, or focus.
- Fructose blocks leptin, leaving you hungry for more fructose.
- The Constitution is worth reading, worth understanding, worth adhering to, and worth editing when necessary.
- Study Tozer. Thank me later.
- Is it valid to use the human brain to assess the human brain's ability to understand the universe?
- Without a God, free will must be an illusion.
- As well as having unique fingerprints, humans also have unique tongue prints.
- Pumpkins, gourds, peppers, legumes, squash, nuts, grains, cucumbers, and tomatoes are all botanical fruits. Then what's a vegetable? The term "vegetable" is an umbrella term used colloquially in reference to any plant part not sweet enough to merit fruit-hood. What are called vegetables are actually flowers, stalks, roots, tubers, leaves, stems, and quite often, fruits.
- I have serious doubts that quantum fluctuations are truly random.
- There are people in your neck of the woods who desperately need help.
- Energy is equal to mass times the speed of light squared. The speed of light squared is just a constant; what this formula really says is that mass is energy. Energy and mass are the same thing. No, really.
- There's an atom bomb's worth of energy in one gram of anything. There's enough energy in the room you're sitting in to obliterate the planet.
- Faith and reason are not opposites, nor are they mutually exclusive.
- Most of the dust in your home is actually dead skin.
- Cutting a cake into 8 pieces is possible with just 3 slices.
- The human brain named itself.
- If you want to sign up for Google Apps, I can get you a discount, just PM me.
Diving deeper? Not for the faint of heart.
- You should consider joining this community if you are passionate about education.
- You should frequent this site if you love to keep up with the latest tech news.
- You should check out this Etsy store if you want to buy my wife's awesome wares.
- You should refer to this site if you love typography.
- You should explore this site if you're curious about personality types--I'm an ENTP by the way.
- You should ponder this post if you care about your health.
You're unexpectedly curious to make it this far. How delightful. I would be remiss in failing to reward your efforts, so I present you this album of GIFs, but keep it to yourself.
I'm afraid the rabbit trail ends abruptly here. Everything after this point is an attempt on my part to preemptively protect myself, legally.
Thanks for dropping by.
Please do come again.
Wait, you're still here? You should go ahead and circle me now. I'm friendly :)
There's no more...I'm flattered by your infatuation, though.
Go ahead and circle me. This really is the end of my profile.
No really, that's it.
(go away now)
Posting offensive, obscene, NSFW material gets you uncircled, no questions asked.
Shares & circling of other Google+ profiles does not imply my endorsement of any user's profile, images, posts or comments.
All of my authored images, posts, and comments are solely my own and may not be used without attribution to this profile. All other media not authored by me which may be linked or displayed, including trademarks, are for educational purposes only under fair use copyright law.
All views are my own and not those of my employer or any other organization or individual.
To any person and/or institution and/or agent and/or agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to ALL governments or private mediums or corporations or individuals also using or monitoring this website or any of its associated websites, you DO NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein in whole nor in part including without limitation to: my photos, and/or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.
You are hereby notified that I DO NOT grant permission to disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate, or take any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control.
The contents of this profile are to be considered private and should be treated as confidential information.