This isn't Solydra Stimulus and it isn't Oil Wars. This is the free market completely circumventing your politics.
— Imagine that those ZEV credits are printed in paper to look just like dollar notes. Then, the Government of the State of California hands down some of those notes to those manufacturers that sell EVs and hybrid plug-ins, while at the same time they demand to every other car manufacturer a number of those notes in proportion to the number of cars that they have sold in California.
What do you have? A sales tax payed by the gasoline car manufacturers (in the form the ZEV notes) to be handed down to EV manufacturers which they use to acquire a different currency.
That's all what governments do, to "redistribute" wealth. They rarely give away "their" own wealth (State-"owned" land or other natural resources). They take away wealth (in the form of money or any other form of representative of wealth) to hand it down to someone else (quite often civil servants, politicians, Government's employees, their friends and families).
In this particular case, the Government of California is taking away ZED credits from automobile manufacturers that they were forced to acquire in order to avoid the penalties imposed by the Government of California. And who is to profit? Those EV manufacturers that had been handed down ZEV credits by the Government of the State of California. It would cause the same effect if they give them dollar notes and then asked the other automobile manufacturers to pay a certain arbitrarily fixed environmental tax for not selling EVs.
But I refuse to use non-dairy creamer, whether powder or liquid. Have you ever read the ingredients of your favorite non-dairy creamer? Yeah, the first two ingredients are corn syrup and trans fat.
That oughtta scare you wide awake every morning.
- Nature simulates itself perfectly.
- Tanning beds cause cancer.
- Telling someone your plans releases the same reward chemicals in your brain as actually carrying your plans out.
- Sugar is an addictive, orexigenic drug.
- Google seems like a company interested in more than money...perhaps.
- If you spent a million dollars every day since the time of Christ, you'd fall fairly short of $1 Trillion; our national debt in the U.S. is over $16 Trillion.
- No matter where you go in this world, people are just people.
- If you sum together the areas of a bunch of rectangles between points a and b, where each rectangle is f(x) in height and dx (infinitesimally small) in width, it would be written like this, and it would look like this.
- Android and iOS are both good. They're both good.
- The GOP and Democrat Party are both run by power-hungry men. They're not worth your time, energy, or focus.
- Fructose blocks leptin, leaving you hungry for more fructose.
- The Constitution is worth reading, worth understanding, worth adhering to, and worth editing when necessary.
- Study Tozer. Thank me later.
- Is it valid to use the human brain to assess the human brain's ability to understand the universe?
- Without a God, free will must be an illusion.
- As well as having unique fingerprints, humans also have unique tongue prints.
- Pumpkins, gourds, peppers, legumes, squash, nuts, grains, cucumbers, and tomatoes are all botanical fruits. Then what's a vegetable? The term "vegetable" is an umbrella term used colloquially in reference to any plant part not sweet enough to merit fruit-hood. What are called vegetables are actually flowers, stalks, roots, tubers, leaves, stems, and quite often, fruits.
- I have serious doubts that quantum fluctuations are truly random.
- There are people in your neck of the woods who desperately need help.
- Energy is equal to mass times the speed of light squared. The speed of light squared is just a constant; what this formula really says is that mass is energy. Energy and mass are the same thing. No, really.
- There's an atom bomb's worth of energy in one gram of anything. There's enough energy in the room you're sitting in to obliterate the planet.
- Faith and reason are not opposites, nor are they mutually exclusive.
- Most of the dust in your home is actually dead skin.
- Cutting a cake into 8 pieces is possible with just 3 slices.
- The human brain named itself.
- If you want to sign up for Google Apps, I can get you a discount, just PM me.
- You should consider joining this community if you are passionate about education.
- You should frequent this site if you love to keep up with the latest tech news.
- You should check out this Etsy store if you want to buy my wife's awesome wares.
- You should refer to this site if you love typography.
- You should explore this site if you're curious about personality types--I'm an ENTP by the way.
- You should ponder this post if you care about your health.
Posting offensive, obscene, NSFW material gets you uncircled, no questions asked.
All of my authored images, posts, and comments are solely my own and may not be used without attribution to this profile. All other media not authored by me which may be linked or displayed, including trademarks, are for educational purposes only under fair use copyright law.
All views are my own and not those of my employer or any other organization or individual.
To any person and/or institution and/or agent and/or agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to ALL governments or private mediums or corporations or individuals also using or monitoring this website or any of its associated websites, you DO NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein in whole nor in part including without limitation to: my photos, and/or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.
You are hereby notified that I DO NOT grant permission to disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate, or take any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control.
The contents of this profile are to be considered private and should be treated as confidential information.
Google News & Weather – Android Apps on Google Play
Your comprehensive and personalized view of headline stories and local news & weather. • Coverage from 65,000 publications • Simple swipe-ac
Google reveals Windows flaw mere days before Patch Tuesday fix, irking M...
Google published a bug it found in Windows 8.1 before Microsoft could patch it. But Microsoft is crying foul, saying a fix is in the works a
Google Play Music subscribers will get free access to YouTube Music Key
Users of Google's other music streaming service will be able to use Google's new music streaming service without paying any additional fees.
ASUS Chromebook C300 Colors Hit US Nov 22, Pre-Orders Live
If you've been holding out for a colorful ASUS C300 Chromebook to hit the states, your patience will shortly be rewarded - they hit the US N
Google Express Same-Day Shipping Expansion Battles Amazon for E-Retail D...
Google already dominates search. If the big expansion of a same-day shipping service proves successful, it could be on its way to dominating
Google wastes no time refining Classroom, its app platform for education
The first set of upgrades arrives only two months after the release of the classroom assistance app.
Why Google+ is the place for passions | Computerworld
Twitteristas and Facebook folks just don't understand Google+ people. I'm here to help.