or too progressive to win?
Some say Bernie Sanders will need a more-centrist running mate to counterbalance him. Or would a 'power-populist' team of Sanders/Warren be just the ticket to engage millions of fed-up voters in the election?
Here's a quick run-down of how they stand together on some of today's most pressing issues:
➤Cancel or reduce the burden of student loan debt
➤Pay equity for women
➤Ensure that billionaires and large corporations pay their fair share of taxes
➤Institute single-payer, universal health care for all
➤Break up banks that are 'too big to fail' and hold them accountable
➤Tax corporate polluters
➤Expand and strengthen federal social insurance programs (Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid)
➤Free college education for all qualified students
➤Make it easier for workers to join unions
➤End the corrosive influence of Citizens United
Hmmmm, those seem like mainstream American positions to me!
My opinion is that a Sanders/Warren ticket would energize the American public like no other team possibly could. They both are incorruptible, powerful speakers with long records of advocating for ordinary Americans. They both have masses of super-dedicated supporters who will turn out in droves to volunteer. Could their synergy be unbeatable?
Our country is so demoralized, so cynical of the political process. To counter this, we will need TWO politicians who are on the same-page, and support one-another's positions. I think this could be just the ticket to bring to fruition a true populist revolution in America!
What do you think?
read more about a potential Sanders/Warren ticket here: http://goo.gl/UGnOvn
#SandersWarren2016 #FeelTheBern #mydailybernie #Bernie2016
- The Den of Amateur WritingOwner/Programmer/Head Administrator, 1997 - present
- Canadian Bank Note CompanyCustomer Support Engineer/Systems Administrator, 2014 - present
- Coddict IncFreelance Web Designer, 2011 - 2013
- Le Fou du RoiChef, 2012 - 2013
- Le Bop Bar / Cafe L'AubryCook, 2011 - 2012
- Highlander PubCook, 2011 - 2012
- The Bowling Centre, BrockvillePinspotter Mechanic, 1999 - 2000
- Trillium Health CareManpower Temp, 2000 - 2000
- Shorewood PackagingManpower Temp, 2000 - 2000
- Black & DeckerManpower Temp, 2000 - 2001
- Beautyrock IncTelephone Sales Rep, 2001 - 2002
- RMH International (MSN Tech)MSN Tech Support Agent, 2002 - 2004
- Nucomm Intl (Time Warner Tier 2)Time Warner Tier 2 / Quality Assurance / OnCall Sales, 2004 - 2005
- Mercredi Construction (Finishing Carpentry)Carpenter, 2005 - 2005
- The Hudsons Bay CompanyShipper/Reciever, 2005 - 2005
- Shaw CablesystemsTechnical Support Representative, 2005 - 2006
- East Side MariosPrep Cook, 2006 - 2006
- Burnbrae FarmsCleanup Crew, 2006 - 2007
- J.E.G.'s Custom CarpentryCarpenter, 2007 - 2007
- The Brockville Country ClubApprentice Cook, 2007 - 2008
- Elephant & CastlePrep Cook, 2008 - 2009
- Weed ManTelephone Sales Representative, 2009 - 2009
- ConvergysAT&T Customer Service Representative, 2009 - 2009
- Boston PizzaPasta Cook, 2009 - 2009
- Tait's BakeryBaker's Assistant, 2009 - 2011
- Pele MeleCook, 2012 - 2012
- Thousand Islands Secondary School1995 - 2000
- St. Mark Catholic High School
- Osgoode Public School
- Holy Family Catholic School
- Wakefield Elementary
- Academy Of Learning
- St Lawrence College (Brockville)
- Algonquin College (Woodroffe)
goTenna portable telephone network / hotspot enables off-grid communicat...
gotenna works anywhere, regardless of whether a cell signal or WiFi is available, meaning when you're off-grid you can stay connected.
Out in the Open: Ex-Googlers Building Cloud Software That’s Almost Impos...
Cockroaches are some of the most resilient creatures on earth. They can live for 45 minutes without air and over a month without food. Cutti
Google Earth Finds Woman Trapped On Deserted Island For 7 Years
In 2007, Gemma Sheridan and 2 friends set out on a voyage that was to take them from their home town of Liverpool, across the Atlantic to th
Gay New Jersey ex-cop exposes traffic ticketing scam in harassment suit ...
“There was no legitimate non-discriminatory reason Mayor Nancy Martin needed to know whether the Plaintiff was a homosexual,” said Kosanovic
Google keeps an ever-closer eye on non-Play Store apps
Google is taking additional steps with Verify Apps to protect Android users from potentially malicious non-Play Store apps, even after they'
At 4.4 billion years old, these tiny blue crystals are the oldest on Earth
The oldest thing on Earth is smaller than a piece of human hair. Researchers from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, have determined that
Canadian coach’s act of kindness in cross country skiing at Sochi Olympi...
Justin Wadsworth jumped to the aid of a Russian skier labouring to finish the men’s sprint race Tuesday on a broken ski.
Google Doodle celebrates Canada’s coldest day, -63 C
Google’s “doodle” Monday celebrates a part of Canadian heritage we might rather not think about: Our coldest day, set this date in 1947 when
Phillip Morris Introduces Marlboro Marijuana Cigarettes
Phillip Morris, the world’s biggest cigarette producer, announced today that they will join the marijuana legalization bandwagon and start p
5 Real Deleted Bible Scenes In Which Jesus Kicks Some Ass
What would Jesus do? Whatever the hell he wants to, apparently.
Facial recognition app matches strangers to online profiles
See someone on the train you'd like to date? NameTag, an upcoming app for Android, iOS, and Google Glass uses facial recognition technology