Enjoy! Happy holidays!
Enjoy! Happy holidays!
I spent the better part of a week prewiring this 4-story home for audio, video, networking, and security cameras. I've finally gotten all the wires nearly labeled and organized, just the way I like it.
We're now developing prototypes of vehicles that have been designed from the ground up to drive themselves—just push a button and they'll take you where you want to go! We'll use these vehicles to test our software and learn what it will really take to bring this technology into the world.
Learn more: http://goo.gl/qDUtgq
Image via: http://uproxx.com/technology/2014/05/att-may-be-getting-ready-to-eat-directv/
If you're not already familiar with FontAwesome, it's an icon-based font that is very easy to implement and ensures your icons look fantastic at any size or screen resolution. A fantastic resource for web developers!
Check it out at: http://fontawesome.io/
#webdev #font #piedpiper
A recent installation of a Sonos Playbar in an outdoor environment. This client already had in-ceiling speakers outdoors for music (installed by another integrator), but wanted a way to get better audio from the TV than the speakers that were mounted 12-feet above his head (and slightly behind his listening position). When we told him about all the great streaming benefits that Sonos offered, he fell in love with the idea.
The Playbar is probably my favorite sound bar for any TV with an optical audio output, providing excellent three-channel audio (with or without the optional subwoofer) for all television sources, as well as all the fantastic streaming audio benefits that Sonos offers (http://www.sonos.com/system).
Pair a Playbar with two Play:1 or Play:3 speakers, a Sonos Sub, and a Sonos Bridge for a fantastic surround sound experience with a minimal amount of wiring and setup required. It really simplifies the home theater experience in a way that few other systems currently can.
Sonos Playbar - http://goo.gl/UzPZsd
Sonos Sub - http://goo.gl/EpeMnY
Sonos Play:1 - http://goo.gl/3fqaco
Sonos Play:3 - http://goo.gl/TvqphR
Sonos Bridge - http://goo.gl/LrOozW
Found this little Polaroid gem while cleaning out some things at my great aunt's house. I'm not sure its ever even be used.
$23.49 for 8 exposures. Hard to tell if mine still works or not because the battery is in the film. Considering buying a roll just for fun.
As if there weren't already enough reasons to purchase a Sonos system, they're now offering 6 free months of Google Play All-Access ($59.94 value) whenever you install a new Sonos system (now through July 5th, 2014).
If you live in Columbia, SC or nearby areas, contact me before purchasing and I may be able to sweeten the pot a little more.
Details here: http://www.sonos.com/promo/googleplay6month
Sonos Store on Amazon (free shipping for Prime members): http://goo.gl/QUN40w
Yesterday I installed one of Onkyo's newest A/V receivers, the TX-NR535. Although the UI is minimal and leaves a lot to be desired, this sub-$400 A/V receiver comes packed with features such as 90W/ch, 6 HDMI inputs, wireless connectivity (both WiFi and Bluetooth), and an auto-setup microphone.
Overall, I prefer its bigger brother (TX-NR636) for its more robust performance (115w/ch) and feature set (front HDMI input, improved UI, true Zone 2 support), but the TX-NR535 is a great option for a second room or those who are on a tight budget.
TX-NR535 on Amazon: http://goo.gl/8estWF
TX-NR636 on Amazon: http://goo.gl/TdsHtz
Amazon has been going a little crazy with their A/V deals lately. Yesterday a Roku for $36.99 (http://goo.gl/Prq7Tj) and today a Samsung 28" 4K Display for just $599.99. That's $100 off the already low price!
Amazon Link: goo.gl/vS89rc
Edit: Price has been increased back to $689.99.
- Video SolutionsCo-Owner, Director of Operations, 2005 - presentIntegrated A/V equipment, setup live streams for IP cameras, repaired wireless networks, created custom programming and interfaces for wand and touch-screen remotes, and provided hands-on training (to clients and employees) for residential and commercial setups up to $50,000. // Designed, produced, and implemented all marketing efforts for the organization, including logos, websites, flyers, brochures, postcards, business cards, and newspaper ads. // Scheduled and managed teams (3-4 people) and inventory to ensure ongoing projects were prioritized and completed on time and efficiently. // Drafted sales proposals for clients based on in-home consultations and evaluations of the clients' needs and budget before the sale, and provided troubleshooting and support via phone and in-home service calls after the installation. // Attended dealer training events and vigorously researched the always-changing array of consumer electronics devices to stay on top of current trends. // Generated invoices and collected payments from clients for services rendered.
- Big Fish MarketingLead Designer/Developer, 2004 - 2005Developed, coded, hosted, deployed, and maintained websites and HTML-based email marketing campaigns. // Created designs, layouts, graphics, and drawings for marketing materials including brochures, postcards, flyers, business cards, web pages, and additional print or web-based advertising solutions. // Managed creative direction of many projects and clients simultaneously under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, production-focused environment. // Enhanced rapport with clients through consistent communication and accurate evaluation of current and future needs and desires.
- WinVisible MarketingWeb/Graphic Designer, 2003 - 2004Constructed and implemented websites and email marketing campaigns for the multi-family industry.
- Satellite ConnectionMarketing Director, 2002 - 2004Prepared and produced all marketing materials, and coordinated distribution of advertisements throughout the Southeast.
- University of South CarolinaWeb Designer/Developer, 1999 - 2003Designed and produced graphics and logos for websites within The University of South Carolina (e.g. www.sc.edu, vip.sc.edu, csd.sc.edu). // Worked closely with University Webmaster to code, publish, and maintain common look-and-feel across divisions, colleges, and departments, while adhering to accessibility standards across all browsers and platforms.
- University of South CarolinaAdvertising, 1997 - 2001
- South Carolina Honors College1997 - 2001
Incredible HD Video of Earth From Space Brings Maps to Life - Wired Science
The video above was taken by a satellite, from space. It has enough resolution to watch individual cars move down the road and identify spec
New Chromecast app lets you share everything in your Android gallery
Koush, known for ROM Manager, ClockworkMod Recovery, and Helium, as released a Chromecast app that lets you share whatever is in your Androi
Cable and satellite companies pushing for rights to stream TV over the i...
As it looks into purchasing Hulu, DirecTV is also making a push to secure over-the-top (OTT) rights from cable channels and other programmer
Affordable Self-Driving Car Tech Aims To Become Ubiquitous Within Three ...
Google's self-driving car sure sounds appealing, but it's expensive. So another company altogether is looking to get the same capabilities f
Apple: Employee computers were hacked in targeted attack
Apple today said that hackers targeted some of its employee's machines as part of the same attacks against a number of companies. Read this
Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes
Brands of the World is the world's largest library of brand logos in vector format available to download for free. BotW is also a great plac