We could use a few of these in the states.
The rear camera on my HTC One can't focus on anything more than about 10 feet away. The phone is rooted and I've tried lots of different ROMs and keep getting the same results. The front camera still works great. Has anyone else experienced this or know ways I can fix this, or is my camera defective?
Magnetic latches can be a quick and inexpensive way to hide your home theater equipment. You can use an IR repeater or mesh speaker cloth to make sure you can still control the equipment without having to look at it.
Heavy Duty Magnetic Catch (2 pack, ~ $7)
Xantech IR Dinky Link Kit (my favorite, ~ $120)
Speaker Grill Cloth (~ $13)
I'm really digging the way this black Bugdroid case (http://goo.gl/Bhg6dG) looks on my bright red Nexus 5. I find the blindingly red color much more attractive as a secondary accent color than as the primary shade. Now it looks like something a crime-fighting superhero might carry.
Or am I off my rocker?
I wonder when the transition will arrive and people will actively eschew their laptops for a "better" mobile experience for everything...
A couple of pictures from one our recent home theater installations. This setup includes (with Amazon affiliate links):
Sharp LC-80LE757 80-inch LED TV
Polk Audio 265-RT In-Wall Vanishing Speakers (Front)
Pok Audio 65-RT In-Wall Vanishing Speakers (Surrounds)
Polk Audio CSiA4 Bookshelf Center Channel Speaker
Sunfire SDS10 10" 250 Watt Subwoofer
Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2ch A/V Receiver
Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
URC MX-780 IR/RF Macro Universal Remote
#hometheater #hdtv #audio #video
- Video SolutionsCo-Owner, Director of Operations, 2005 - presentIntegrated A/V equipment, setup live streams for IP cameras, repaired wireless networks, created custom programming and interfaces for wand and touch-screen remotes, and provided hands-on training (to clients and employees) for residential and commercial setups up to $50,000. // Designed, produced, and implemented all marketing efforts for the organization, including logos, websites, flyers, brochures, postcards, business cards, and newspaper ads. // Scheduled and managed teams (3-4 people) and inventory to ensure ongoing projects were prioritized and completed on time and efficiently. // Drafted sales proposals for clients based on in-home consultations and evaluations of the clients' needs and budget before the sale, and provided troubleshooting and support via phone and in-home service calls after the installation. // Attended dealer training events and vigorously researched the always-changing array of consumer electronics devices to stay on top of current trends. // Generated invoices and collected payments from clients for services rendered.
- Big Fish MarketingLead Designer/Developer, 2004 - 2005Developed, coded, hosted, deployed, and maintained websites and HTML-based email marketing campaigns. // Created designs, layouts, graphics, and drawings for marketing materials including brochures, postcards, flyers, business cards, web pages, and additional print or web-based advertising solutions. // Managed creative direction of many projects and clients simultaneously under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, production-focused environment. // Enhanced rapport with clients through consistent communication and accurate evaluation of current and future needs and desires.
- WinVisible MarketingWeb/Graphic Designer, 2003 - 2004Constructed and implemented websites and email marketing campaigns for the multi-family industry.
- Satellite ConnectionMarketing Director, 2002 - 2004Prepared and produced all marketing materials, and coordinated distribution of advertisements throughout the Southeast.
- University of South CarolinaWeb Designer/Developer, 1999 - 2003Designed and produced graphics and logos for websites within The University of South Carolina (e.g. www.sc.edu, vip.sc.edu, csd.sc.edu). // Worked closely with University Webmaster to code, publish, and maintain common look-and-feel across divisions, colleges, and departments, while adhering to accessibility standards across all browsers and platforms.
- University of South CarolinaAdvertising, 1997 - 2001
- South Carolina Honors College1997 - 2001
Incredible HD Video of Earth From Space Brings Maps to Life - Wired Science
The video above was taken by a satellite, from space. It has enough resolution to watch individual cars move down the road and identify spec
New Chromecast app lets you share everything in your Android gallery
Koush, known for ROM Manager, ClockworkMod Recovery, and Helium, as released a Chromecast app that lets you share whatever is in your Androi
Cable and satellite companies pushing for rights to stream TV over the i...
As it looks into purchasing Hulu, DirecTV is also making a push to secure over-the-top (OTT) rights from cable channels and other programmer
Affordable Self-Driving Car Tech Aims To Become Ubiquitous Within Three ...
Google's self-driving car sure sounds appealing, but it's expensive. So another company altogether is looking to get the same capabilities f
Apple: Employee computers were hacked in targeted attack
Apple today said that hackers targeted some of its employee's machines as part of the same attacks against a number of companies. Read this
Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes
Brands of the World is the world's largest library of brand logos in vector format available to download for free. BotW is also a great plac
Any.DO: To Do List | Task List - Apps on Android Market
Any.DO Is a Crazy Intuitive, Gesture-Based To-Do App for Android (lifehacker) Any.DO is a free to-do list that helps you get things done wit
22 Technology Minded Google+ Users You Need to Follow – Google Plus Head...
Tweet. As most of you know by now, in the first month of Google+'s existence, the social network has attracted a tremendous amount of te