Maybe? Maybe not?
23 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 32 previous comments
- There shouldn't be a debate. There's no such thing as "best" when it comes to phones. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages. Android is based on a linux kernal and the UI is designed for mobile and it works remarkably well, handles multitasking, etc.. etc... Stop with the "mine is better than yours". Clearly, people do indeed prefer Android on its own merits, myself included, but I'm not going to claim Android is "better". It's better for ME! iPhone is better for You.Jun 11, 2012
- As I understand it, iOS multitasks differently than Android. Android let's you have lots of background processes running and sync'ing, while iOS limits that so "background" tasks are mainly notifications. While that sounds like it gives Android a (functional) advantage, all of those background tasks and apps slow down performance compared with iOS which can apply most CPU processing to the foreground task for a smoother experience. So it still is a matter of preference as to the type of multitasking. What is "better" depends on a user's needs and preferences.
For me, I'm generally OK trading some smoothness 9in iOS) for functionality (in Android). Even then, if Android's "functionality" means waiting too long because of multiple processes running, maybe iOS is sometimes more better (with less multitasking).Jun 11, 2012
- Is the S3 cheaper than the 4S? I guess so.Jun 12, 2012
- ok S III is better than iphone 4sJun 12, 2012
- Nice debate ! My 2 cents :
Price : my samsung nexus Galaxy was cheaper than iPhone4s
My sng is so fast, reactive and smooth that I can't really get how it can go faster. So maybe iPhone can go as quick, but quicker than instant I seriously doubt ! (Speaking about all apps including browser).
Fragmentation, customisation, update frequency :
Unlike all android phones, nexus is not overrun by any other layer, so updates are being rolled the same way as for example chrome browser on a Windows desktop.
So, for me, no contest as these points are the most important for me (productivity).
This being said, if the most important things are :
Quality of finition
Pleasure to feel in the hand
Then iPhone is no contest. The only problem being price and captivity, but prada runners will always cost more than nike ones and oblige you to wear other expensive clothes even if the latters allow better sport performance.Jun 12, 2012
- you are a wise man :)Jun 14, 2012