So, which direction do my YouTube subscribers want me to go? The answer seems EXTREMELY obvious:
13 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 11 previous comments
- Atleast do full videos not highlights there is no fun in highlightsMay 22, 2012
- Your vlogs ones are awesome, hate the tldr's, but like the short geek out ones...May 22, 2012
- I like the vlogs more also.May 22, 2012
- How can you HATE the TLDRMay 22, 2012
- Vlogs... What can I say about them... they are kind of meaningless to those who subscribed to you long ago, because you did awesome tech reviews, critique and other geeky stuff like that. You introduced us to many services we would probably never find ourselves, helped us choose products that fitted our needs, showed us products that we would never own ourselves.
What I see now is a wasteland, with tiny scraps of useful information randomly scattered around, that, to be frank, rarely worth salvaging anymore.
Sure, stats don't lie, but the numbers are probably coming from the bulk of newer members, not those who cherished you as a tech geek.
TLDRs were Okey-ish... at least they retained a bit more of original value we subscribed for.
But its not all about our needs and wishes anyway, you have your own life, which is certainly more demanding than it used to. And we have tons of alternative sources to nourish or geekery from. That said I don't see myself staying subscribed to random bits of some stranger's life.
And GeekOut? It is somewhat of a joke. Unfocused and hardly informational...
Thats what I think about the direction the channel is going, but I am just one out of millions that probably think otherwise. Thus, keep at whatever that brings the most to the group you are targeting. If its not geek crowd anymore, than so be it. But don't expect us to linger for much longer either.May 23, 2012
- Just hire a bikini dressed assistant to do a very boring nerdy software test and see how it soars! :)May 23, 2012