I, for one, welcome our new music overlords. Rhapsody pulled a fast one on me yesterday, after years of loyal service with them (dating all the way back to when Windows Media / MTV's Urge was enveloped). They told me I needed to up my plan. I'm basically giving them an "up yours" and likely switching to Spotify when it comes to the US. Rdio isn't priced competitively enough, and I'm betting that Spotify is gonna give everybody a run for their money.
Spotify moves closer to a US launch by dealing with Virgin Media.
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 42 previous comments
- Bye Rdio.Jul 12, 2011
- How is Spotify any different from Rdio?Jul 12, 2011
- I believe Rdio is a web based app (I dont use it) - Spotify is a desktop client that you can build playlists from music available on their server, add your own library of music and even sync you mobile device to - so, no need to use iTunes to sync music.Jul 12, 2011
- Rdio is web based, has a Mac client ( Windows on the way ). You can build playlists from their entire music library. Share those with friends. Sync it to any mobile device. Match your entire existing iTunes library. I believe they are identical in feature set.Jul 12, 2011
- Ah sounds like they are then - it has 1up on Spotify though as there is no Browser based version which must be handy when you're at a friends house.Jul 12, 2011
- The browser version also remembers what track you are on. I can listen at work, come home and resume the last song I was on if I want to :)Jul 12, 2011