If you're so terrified of the world that you'd condemn others to poverty, war, and death rather than take any risks. By all means, go lock yourself in your house with your guns. I'll be out on the street greeting our new neighbors.
It seems like the people who call it a ghost town are the people who come to G+, circle no one, post very little, don't engage, avoid communities, and see nothing happen. .... You're essentially walking into an empty lobby and talking to yourself, then complaining that no one talks to you.
People on Google Plus are more willing to connect to complete strangers with similar interests. You try that shit on Fakebook and you get a message "um.... do I know you?" It's difficult to share anything in any meaningful way when everything is clumped together in one big category as "friends". Facebook tried learning from Google+'s "circles" years ago by releasing "lists" but never made it obvious enough to change how people share. I'd bet most users don't even know about that feature.
On Google Plus I can put people into circles based on what I'd share with them. I'll post my Android stuff to my Droids circle so only the people I know are interested in that will see it. Same with Doctor Who, etc. So the content you see is always relevant and you're more likely to engage with them. It's just common sense. Not everyone is simply a "friend". There may be friends, work people, clients, colleges, best friends, designers... and maybe one of your "friends" is also in your "work" circle, or also a client. In real life relationships have more depth than just "friends" or not, and that's why there is no network doing it better than Google+.
Google+ Collections make it even MORE powerful because now you can follow persons specific collection and not see any of their other posts. If someone posts great Android stuff, but I couldn't care less about the other stuff they post, and I see that they have an Android collection where they target those posts, I can just follow that collection.
This recent study may catch you by surprise.
A recent survey of internet users conducted by reveals the number of people actively using Google+ might actually be higher than many might expect. How many exactly?
According to the survey, about 23% of internet users worldwide. That's nearly 1 in every 4 people in the world, using a network that many (poorly informed) journalists would call a "ghost town" of a social network.
Well, I take a more analytical approach to these findings, and give some insight about how much it actually matters in this recent blog post:
Then buying a N7 (in July '12) and posting about it opened floodgates.
Two things, that were my interests led me to lots of people. Communities do help with that. (when they aren't cesspolls)
I just think it is still a bit to understand. Everyone who does loves it.
Utilizing IBM Watson™ (who we are Developer Partners with) to analyze top social media influencers and determine who best aligns with the brand and messaging to increase exposure and engagements.
Husband to the most amazing woman in the universe
Father of two kids and a cat
Honest to all
INTERESTS (you can put me in circles relating to):
- Science Fiction
- Equal Rights
- Streaming Media
- Electronic Music
- Metal (some metal)
- Doctor Who
- Cube (the whole trilogy)
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Black Mirror
I don’t circle people with empty profiles. If I can’t get an idea of who you are or what you’re interested in, I can not place you into a circle.
I really only have six circles you could end up in
Gallifrey (for Doctor Who fans)
Spoilers (for Doctor Who fans who watch new episodes as they air)
Droidz (for Android users)
VIP (for my favorite people who post the best stuff)
I have no interest in “drama” or conflict. If you are disrespectful I’ll uncircle you or end up blocking you because I don’t care to see that again. Debates are fine but when it feels hostile I'll probably just remove/block you. There are more important things to give my attention to.
I like randomness. If I say something that doesn’t make sense, it probably wasn’t supposed to.
- Apple (the company)
- Rap, Hip-Hop, etc
- Country Music
- "Reality" shows
- Southeast Career Technical AcademyGraphic Communications, 2001 - 2005
- The Influential NetworkGraphic Designer, 2016 - present
- Teklian.TVHost / Founder / Producer, 2013 - presentHost of Teklian TV, Live, Reviews, Tutorials, Rants, and Hat Tip of the Week. Editor of video and audiocasts. Designer of graphics and images. Web site and SEO administrator. Maintain relationship with affiliates.
- Reticuli DesignsFounder / Design, 2009 - presentFreelance graphic design.
- Passion Parties CorporateSenior Graphic Designer, 2015 - 2016Design flyers, brochures, catalogs, sales collateral, promotions, social media badges, update monthly Center Stage publication, schedule daily, weekly, and monthly email blasts, photograph new products, layout and update consultant training workbooks, update and prepare product inserts, product labels, manage and update our public blog PartnersMag.com, and update documents in the back office. I also refill the coffee thingy if I took the last cup....
- Sportco GraphicsExecutive Director of Creative Media Development, Web Site Manager, Social Media Manager, 2005 - 2015Head of graphics department. Responsible for designing and outputting artwork for screen print, digital print, signs, banners, decals, team jerseys, embroidery, laser cutting & engraving, managing the web site and running the online store, and responsible for social media presence and promotional content.
- Paper Bullet ClothingOwner/Artist, 2006 - 2009
- Wheatly LaboratoriesTest Subject, 2001 - 2005
- Aperture LaboratoriesTest Subject, 1998 - 2001
CASSANNET PLUS - Free Sans Serif Font - Responsive Joomla and Wordpress ...
CASSANNET PLUS – Free Sans Serif Font CASSANNET PLUS – a professional Free Sans Serif Font which is great for logotypes, menus, product pack
LAST DAY: The Design Deck - Playing Cards for Designers - only $14! - Mi...
Daily deals for creative professionals. Get amazing limited time offers.
Google Is Once Again Offering 2GB Of Free Drive Space If You Complete Th...
Tomorrow is apparently "Safer Internet Day," which you most likely didn't mark on your calendar. Google remembered Safer Internet Day, thoug
Catalog Printing and Mailing - Print Catalogs at PrintPlace.com
Print your Catalogs with PrintPlace and Save Big. Printing catalogs in as fast as 24 Hours. Done right, done fast. Instant catalog prices on
Free Download: 90 Vector Social Media Icons - Dreamstale
Download 90 free vector social media icons in 9 styles (total: 810 icons). Includes Ai, Eps, Svg, Css and transparent Png files. Free for pe
ASUS and Google Announce New Chromebooks and Chromebit
After the success of the Chromebook business growth in 2014, ASUS is very excited to continue the deep partnership with Google on new Chrome