Love the typography on Wander...! Curious what this site will be about... did you reserve your username yet?
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- Jan 19, 2012
- Reminds me of when chi.me) so I can have a short name, but still allow posting to twitter automatically". I don't think it does auto translation (I think one of those Twitter to FB apps does it, if you've got your twitter name synced to your FB or the same name on both when a friend mentions you in an #fb tweet it tags you properly on FB. It's what uses, I know that).thought "ah, i'll make my own site (
Why not do it like did and have a temporary period where you can only claim your Twitter username, and then later open it up to everyone? Heck, still only lets you claim your twitter username, because this makes sense. Because the main point of it is to be a service that augments twitter. Isn't that the point of chi.me, to augment twitter? Isn't that the point of Wander, whatever it is? If you're having a temporary signup period, the smartest thing you can do is get the user to tie their twitter account to it at the start, because then you've already got permissions later.
Anywho, my name is taken of course. And I'm guessing 's is too. Oh, and back to Chi.me, fortunately I don't see mistweets because the illiterate don't seem to use it. That's useful. Better than when people use Tweetdeck and tweet @someonewithalongname and it's at the cutoff point so it goes @someone... http://deck.ly/bleh and then @someone gets the tweet instead of @someonewithalongname.
ALSO apparently has started tagging the @ mentions automatically too. I guess they've given up on just +.Jan 19, 2012
- : actually, I recently heard that "real users" change their Twitter usernames far more often than you'd expect... so, using Twitter as the canonical namespace may not be such a great plan after all. Just an FYI.Jan 19, 2012
- I didn't use the term "Real Users", is that like "Real Americans"?Jan 19, 2012
- I would be OK with using FBook as the canonical namespace, since you only get one URL change there. As long as there's a canonical namespace that you use for at least a month.Jan 19, 2012
- You'd be in a better position than me to tell. The "get lost" thing looked like a tip-off ...Jan 19, 2012