This road trip malarkey is ridiculous isn't it?
We've driven close to a 1,000 miles now, stayed in different hotels each night, had lunch in some not so wonderful eateries and some fabulous ones.
Today we stopped and used the superchargers at a truly massive garden centre at Emsbüren near the German Dutch border. It was full of lovely Germans buying plants.
While the Supercharger did its work we had a lovely lunch at the Gartenwelt bistro, with free wifi and a lovely smell of flowers.
Here's a breakdown of the 'fuel' costs from Oslo to Belgium so far.
That's what we paid last night at the hotel to charge the Tesla to 100% overnight. €5.50 is £4.46p.
That's how much it's cost us to drive 1,000 miles.
Tonight we are using a free charger at the hotel which will get us to the Maidstone supercharger in the morning so £4.46p is our total fuel cost.
Also worth mentioning that our current calculation is that 80%+ of the electricity we've used on the trip is from renewable sources.
The picture shows the source of power that is currently charging the car.
When I put together the Fully Charged episode about this I will also do a breakdown of the energy the car used and do a cost comparison (if we had paid the standard tariff for kWh) with driving an equivalent size and cost fossil burner, namely a BMW 7 series, and Audi A8 or a Mercedes S class.
Today we drove at a very gentle pace, still covered a great distance and greatly reducing our watt hours per Kilometre reading.
Only once did I floor it to catch up with a BMW i8 that overtook us in Holland.
The driver turned off at the next exit so it was a very brief moment of high speed.
Anyway, nearly home and it's been a blast.
1. It's uncomfortable if you are in possession of a nose.
2. The voice search on YouTube is so fast and accurate it's like nothing I've ever used before. If only all voice recognition software was like that.
3. Get me access to Netflix and Google Play Movies and it may be the best £6 I've ever spent.
4. Kids adore it, the small ones anyway.
5. 441PPI is not good enough at 2" distance. The pentile AMOLED on the Moto X is very, very apparent.
6. Fix the NFC pairing, it's constantly pinging every minute or so. In fact, have NFC switch off altogether once the cardboard app is open.
- Trebl TechnolgyOwner, presentTechnology is changing the way we educate our young people. Some schools have already moved forward with technology and shown dramatic improvement in engagement, retention and results. I'm here to advise other schools on making the jump, whether it be with computers in general, systems for schemes of work, or even getting every student an iPad, I'm here to help work through the options and the transition.
- Middleton Technology SchoolChemistry Teacher, 2014 - presentTeacher of Science.
- Penwortham Priory AcademyScience Teacher, 2013 - 2014Teacher of Science, Maths and History
- Leyland St. Mary's Catholic High SchoolChemistry Teacher, 2013 - 2013
- Edge Hill UniversityPGCE Chemistry, 2011 - 2012
- Lancaster UniversityEarth and Environmental Science, 2006 - 2009
[RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 4.3 RUU Zip pre-rooted/non-rooted + Sto...
[RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 4.3 RUU Zip pre-rooted/non-rooted + Stock Recovery One Android Development
Which drinks contain the most caffeine? - I Love Coffee
Which has more caffeine: tea, soda, coffee, or energy drinks? I made a chart showing the caffeine per ounce in various beverages.
Photographs capture the moment atoms bond for the first time
Researchers at the US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory have captured the moment when atoms form a covalent bond.
The Humble Bundle for Android 4: Pay what you want for eleven supreme ga...
Pay whatever you want to get Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Eufloria, Splice, Waking Mars, Avadon: The Black For
EchoStar unveils world's slimmest DVR set-top box, pre-orders for UK sta...
EchoStar has unveiled what it claims to be the world's slimmest DVR set-top box, measuring in at just over half an inch tall and weighing le
Google Docs - Online documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, fi...
Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere. Manage documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, and more