I acquired a used PC that had a GNU GRUB (Multi-boot boot loader) for both Ubuntu and Windows 10. I only wanted Windows 10 on this machine and I did not want a multi-boot loading before Windows so I needed to remove the GNU. This required me to fix the master boot record.
1) Restart Computer or log out of all accounts.
2) In the Windows login screen, hold down the Shift Key and click on the Power Button in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
3) While still holding down the Shift Key click Restart.
4) Select: Troubleshoot / Advanced Options / Command Prompt
The computer will then restart.
5) Choose admin and enter your password.
6) At the DOS prompt type: bootrec.exe /fixmbr
7) After the operation completes successfully, exit and reboot.
The master boot record will be repaired so Widows 10 will start and the GNU GRUB will be gone.
#windows #windows10 #multiboot #GNU #masterbootrecord
- Trident Technical CollegeAssociate Degree, Digital Media
- World Instructor Training SchoolsFitness Certification, Personal Trainer
- Independent CourseworkCertificate, Customer Service & Hospitality Training
- American Red CrossCertified, CPR, AED & First Aid
- ECPI UniversityCompTIA A+ Certification
The German government is throwing a Battlestar Galactica LARP on a battl...
This live-action role-playing game will be a genuinely immersive experience.
How to Get the Experience You Need for Linux Certification | Linux.com
Linux pros in the field have some valuable advice on how to gain sysadmin experience.
Rejoice! The Start menu is coming back to Windows | PCWorld
Your cries have been head, o' PC faithful.
Little Free Libraries: Building Community & Spreading Literacy
Reminiscent of old-style British post boxes, Little Free Libraries have rapidly grown in popularity since their inception in 2009. The movem