Here's how to fix the piece of bloody annoying s**t in Hangouts causing you to get muted "while typing" (when there are four or more participants, Hangouts automatically mutes you when it THINKS you are typing. This will often be when you are saying something very important while playing a game or when you are collaborating on a document and you are typing while talking. Long story short, it's a completely broken "feature"). This will disable the function for yourself but not anyone else.
1. Open the Registry editor by simply searching for "regedit" in the start menu.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Talk Plugin
3. Click Edit->New->String Value and name it exps
4. Double click or Modify the new String Value and type ["-tm"]
Like in the print screen
5. Restart of Chrome needed as I understand it. Might even be computer
6. You're done! Tell your friends!
Someone did of course write a .reg file which automatically adds this to your registry making it a faster solution.... :) You can download the file here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5KCrt5a9M_1alhMYW80NkZobW8/edit
defaults write com.google.googletalkplugind exps -string [\"-tm\"]
Google is going to implement a UI for disabling this in the future #hangouts #mutedwhentyping #automute #regedit #googlehangouts