Unmaking another #untro
thanks to a tweet from +Karen Fasimpaur
about food makes, and I thought about food (as I often do).
So here is a list of meals I enjoy as another way of participating in this make cycle.
I manage my recipes in the Paprika App (on iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro - http://www.paprikaapp.com
) and here are some of the things I love to make and eat.
* Oatmeal - most mornings I make oatmeal in a rice cooker, inspired by Roger Ebert - http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/the-pot-and-how-to-use-it
and put a local sliced apple in with it and eat it with some local vanilla yogurt.
* Pizza - ideally with dough I make using a recipe from http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com
or with a ball of dough from a pizzeria which is a lot faster. My favourite pizza is a simple margherita - sauce, cheese, and maybe some basil.
* Spiced Lentil Tacos - I love lentils and have been a vegetarian for a couple of decades and I recently found a great recipe for Spiced Lentil Tacos http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/spiced-lentil-tacos-351390
. I'll make these with Mexican Rice that I make in the rice cooker (just adding a bit of tomato sauce left over from pizza along with some spices).
* Black Beans - Black beans are the best and my long-time recipe for them is from Victoria Wise's The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/320095.The_Well_Filled_Tortilla_Cookbook
I make a big batch of black beans and they are used in several meals in tortillas, refried, or cooked in beer, served in nachos, or in soup.
* One of my favourite comfort foods is Macaroni and Cheese and I love Jamie Oliver's recipe. http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/macaroni-cheese/