hangout face to face to face in HD
connect with friends and family in high res with hd hangouts! we are rolling hd out to hangouts on air initially, then to all desktop hangout video calls over the next few weeks.
hd hangouts require an hd-capable webcam, more bandwidth and more processing power than standard definition. so if your computer and network are capable, turn the quality up to hd!
219 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 37 previous comments
- Your point is well-taken. While you are correct technically, I'm not sure it makes sense for Google devs to attempt to address all devices. I don't think audio and video can be compared so easily, either. I use a program called Camtwist which brings in things like a Canon camcorder I can switch with other cameras. It doesn't degrade the video as far as I can tell, and the switching and effects are actually better in this free program than in the expensive Wirecast software. I'm not sure it would detect the hardware you mentioned, though.Sep 14, 2013
- Actually, the devs do not need to address all devices. They just need to address the operating interface for the video devices. This is how everyone else are doing things. There are standards on Linux, Mac and Windows for this. And the purpose is exactly so that programmers should not need to address specific devices.
They only have to support theses standards. Then all devices that comply with the standard will work.Sep 14, 2013
- I can't speak for the team, but obviously they're doing what they can in the context with priorities they've set.Sep 14, 2013
- Of course they are. I know that ;-)Sep 14, 2013
- What we do know is that they are listening and they do incorporate ideas expressed here, so if it can happen, it will!Sep 14, 2013
- Mar 17, 2015
Add a comment...