Steven Sasson (pictured below in 1973, the year he started to work for Kodak) invented digital photography soon afterwards. Kodak patented the first digital camera ... in 1978. It was called the electronic still camera. But Mr. Sasson was not allowed to publicly talk about it or show his prototype to anyone outside Kodak.
In 1989, Mr. Sasson and a colleague, Robert Hills, created the first modern digital single-lens reflex (S.L.R.) camera that looks and functions like today’s professional models. It had a 1.2 megapixel sensor, and used image compression and memory cards.
But Kodak’s marketing department was not interested in it. Mr. Sasson was told they could sell the camera, but wouldn’t — because it would eat away at the company’s film sales.
“When we built that camera, the argument was over,” Mr. Sasson said. “It was just a matter of time, and yet Kodak didn’t really embrace any of it. That camera never saw the light of day.”
Still, until it expired in the United States in 2007, the digital camera patent helped earn billions for Kodak. ... Though Kodak did eventually market both professional and consumer cameras, it did not fully embrace digital photography until it was too late.
“Every digital camera that was sold took away from a film camera and we knew how much money we made on film,” Mr. Sasson said. “That was the argument. Of course, the problem is pretty soon you won’t be able to sell film — and that was my position.”
- Eleven Moons / Twelve MoonsCo-Founder & CEO, 2005 - present- Won the 2005 Great Valley Technology Alliance Business Plan competition - raised $50k in seed capital; - Developed the high-level architecture for the company’s video advertising web app (Patent Application US20090055207) – built upon On2’s Flix Engine (On2 acquired by Google); - Managed geographically dispersed software development teams in North America, Southeast Asia, and Eastern Europe; - Forged strategic partnerships with top 3 U.S. radio broadcasters to commercialize the web app in 10 media markets across 7 states; - Raised a Series A round of private angel capital
- Blue Agility, LLC / Blue Mercury ConsultingIndependent Multimedia Producer, 2013 - 2015- Produced all 2D media for an ALM knowledge platform which won a 2015 IBM Beacon Award, a 2014 IBM Beacon Award, a 2013 IBM Innovate ‘Best of Show’ Award, and a 2014 IBM Innovate ‘Innovation in IT Development‘ Finalist; - Obtained a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Program Consultant Certification, despite lack of required 5+ years of software engineering experience or 3+ years of Agile experience
- Nexstar Broadcasting GroupProducer - Promotion, WBRE-TV (NBC Affiliate), 2003 - 2004- Produced daily promotional spots which aired during peak viewership times, including during "The Oprah Winfrey Show"; - Collaborated with company’s Vice President of Creative Services on implementing a strategy to compete against the highest-rated network affiliate in the country
- Marywood UniversityMBA - Finance & Investments, 2004 - 2007GMAT 710 (97th percentile Verbal)
- Marywood UniversityDual BA - Broadcasting & Advertising and Industrial / Organizational Psychology, 1998 - 2003Full Presidential Scholarship (Academic Merit-Based)
CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified
This SLR camera simulator shows you visually how ISO speed, aperture, shutter speed, and distance affect the outcome of your digital photos.
People Aren't Smart Enough for Democracy to Flourish, Scientists Say | W...
Psychology research shows that most people aren't able to accurately judge the competence of a political candidate.
YouTube - Productivity Of Future Vision - Microsoft
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi
Chavdar Petkov - United States profiles | LinkedIn
View the profiles of professionals on LinkedIn named Chavdar Petkov located in the United States. There are 1 professionals named Chavdar