Profile

Cover photo
Charles Rowland
Works at Babb & Rowland, LLC
Attended Ohio Northern University, JD
Lives in Dayton, Ohio
1,834 followers|107,901 views
AboutPostsPhotosYouTube+1's

Stream

Charles Rowland

Shared publicly  - 
 
About 20% of the alcohol (actually the impairing substance is ethanol) in your beverage is absorbed in the stomach and the remaining 80% is absorbed in the
8
Add a comment...

Charles Rowland

Shared publicly  - 
 
Ohio DUI law R.C. 4511.19(A)(2) enhances the penalty for a motorist who, having been convicted once in the last six (6) years, after having been arrested,
5
Add a comment...

Charles Rowland

Shared publicly  - 
 
I'm very proud of this article. One of the best things I've written recently.
3
Add a comment...
People
Have him in circles
1,834 people
Simone Santiago Bernardo's profile photo
Bankruptcy Canada's profile photo
StopBadCollectors's profile photo
John DeMarr, P.I.'s profile photo
Tom Mitsoff's profile photo
Jeff Anderson's profile photo
Gunderson, Denton & Peterson, P.C.'s profile photo
Travis Smith's profile photo
Srikanta Adhikari's profile photo
Work
Occupation
DUI/OVI defense attorney
Skills
"All I do is DUI defense."
Employment
  • Babb & Rowland, LLC
    DUI/OVI defense attorney, 2005 - present
    I am managing partner of one the most talented firms in the Miami Valley. We work really hard, we work really smart and we have fun.
  • Cox, Keller & Rowland
    DUI defense lawyer, 1995 - 2005
  • Xenia City Prosecutor
    City Prosecutor, 1999 - 2000
  • DaytonDUI
Places
Map of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has lived
Currently
Dayton, Ohio
Previously
Beavercreek, Ohio - Ada, Ohio
Contact Information
Work
Phone
937-318-1384, 1-888-769-5263
Mobile
937-776-2671
Email
Address
2190 Gateway Dr.Dayton, Ohio 45324
Story
Tagline
Representing the accused drunk driver in Dayton and throughout the Miami Valley. "All I do is DUI defense."
Introduction
Charles Rowland is a DUI/OVI defense attorney in Dayton, Ohio.  Charles Rowland is a former city prosecutor, a former special prosecutor and a committed advocate for the accused drunk driver. He is a member of the National College for DUI Defense and has attended their intensive DUI defense program at Harvard University. He is certified on the BAC DataMaster breath test machine and was the first attorney In the State of Ohio to be certified on the Intoxilyzer 8000 breath test machine. Charles Rowland has been an author on matters related to DUI defense, has presented seminars on DUI defense and has earned a reputation as an accomplished trial attorney. He has earned the respect of his colleagues by serving as the President of the Greene County Bar Association, by being named a Fellow to the prestigious Ohio State Bar Foundation, and by winning the Beavercreek Chamber of Commerce's Public Education Award. Charles M. Rowland II was the first attorney In the United States to earn a Forensic Sobriety Assessment Certificate. In 2004, Charles Rowland won the Ohio State Bar Foundation's Community Service Award for lawyers 40 and under. As the former President of Greene County's Adult Alcohol and Drug Treatment facility, Charles Rowland's ability to represent you goes far beyond the courtroom. Visit www.DaytonDUI.com for more.
Bragging rights
Dayton's Choice for DUI Defense
Education
  • Ohio Northern University, JD
    Law, 1992 - 1995
    I attended Ohio Northern University's Pettit College of Law on the H.E. Ashcroft Scholarship. While at ONU I studied as a visiting scholar at the University College London, Bentham Faculty of Laws in London, England. I served as an Associate Justice on the Moot Court Board and finished in the top 25% of my class.
  • Wright State University, BA
    Political Science, 1988 - 1992
    I graduated magna cum laude with the distinction of receiving a University Honors Degree. I was selected a student ambassador to the People's Republic of China and was awarded an academic letter for my participation in the Wright State Mock Trial Program. In addition to the B.A. in Political Science, I minored in Sociology with a concentration in Criminology.
  • Beavercreek High School
    1988
Basic Information
Gender
Male
Looking for
Networking
Relationship
Married
Other names
DaytonDUI
Charles Rowland's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.
DaytonDUI Court Finder: Where Is Your DUI Case?
www.daytondui.com

DUI Court Finder You have found the DaytonDUI Court Finder. Below are links to almost every municipal court in the Miami Valley. Most of the

The Importance of the Burden of Proof
www.daytondui.com

We want our judges to stand up for the highest tenets of justice and apply the burden of proof in a fair and impartial way - especially when

Alcohol And Your Body: A Primer
www.daytondui.com

About 20% of the alcohol (actually the impairing substance is ethanol) in your beverage is absorbed in the stomach and the remaining 80% is

OVI Trial Practice: Admission of the Alcohol Influence Report
www.daytondui.com

The Alcohol Influence Report is a document prepared by the arresting officer noting each and every indicator for alcohol impairment that the

Driving Is A Right Not A Privilege
www.daytondui.com

Driving Is A Right! Have you ever been told that "driving is a privilege?" Bah! This author argues that the DUI case law needs to be expande

Happy Labor Day from Charles Rowland and DaytonDUI
www.daytondui.com

Happy Labor Day! My father started out in the Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen which became the United Transportation Union. My Mom was a pr

Kettering OVI Checkpoint Tonight! (Aug. 29, 2014) | Ohio DUI | OVI Blog
www.daytondui.com

Kettering OVI checkpoint tonight! The Kettering Police Department will conduct an OVI sobriety checkpoint Friday night from 11:00 p.m. until

Ohio DUI Law R.C 4511.19(A)(2) a codified dilema
www.daytondui.com

Ohio DUI law R.C. 4511.19(A)(2) enhances the penalty for a motorist who, having been convicted once in the last six (6) years, after having

Kettering OVI Checkpoint Tonight! (Aug. 29, 2014)
www.daytondui.com

Kettering OVI checkpoint tonight! The Kettering Police Department will conduct an OVI sobriety checkpoint Friday night from 11:00 p.m. until

DUI Law: What Did SCOTUS Say In Missouri v. McNeely
www.daytondui.com

If you have been following developments in DUI law, you have no doubt heard about the United States Supreme Court decision in Missouri v. Mc

Determining Probable Cause For An OVI Offense
www.daytondui.com

A warrantless arrest must be supported by probable cause in order to be constitutionally valid. State v. Timson, 38 Ohio St.2d 122, 67 Ohio

Big Weekend For Craft Beer In Ohio
www.daytondui.com

If you want to know anything about beer in Ohio, you have to check out the Beer Blog written by Rick Armon. The Beer Blog chronicles anythin

Rolling Springfield OVI Checkpoints Tonight (Aug. 22, 2014)
www.daytondui.com

Rolling Springfield OVI checkpoints tonight in Springfield and Enon. The Clark County OVI Task Force will be operating a rolling OVI checkpo

Are DUI Laws A Sophisticated Form Of Gaslighting?
www.daytondui.com

How does "gaslighting" relate to Ohio DUI laws? In the 1944 film Gaslight, Ingrid Bergman's character Paula Alquist Anton meets and marries

Ohio DUI Crackdown Begins Today!
www.daytondui.com

You can expect a major increase in Ohio DUI enforcement beginning today. Operation "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" will put 99 law enforcem

A Motion To Suppress Is Vital In An Ohio DUI Case
www.daytondui.com

In State v. French, 72 Ohio St. 3d 446, 1995-Ohio-32, 646 N.E. 2d 887 (1995), the Ohio Supreme Court held that a pretrial motion to suppress

It Is The Anniversary Of The Parking Ticket
www.daytondui.com

Seventy nine years ago this month, the Reverend Charles H. North of the Oklahoma Third Pentecostal Holiness Church became the first person t

Dayton Drunk Driving Lawyer Charles M. Rowland II
www.daytondui.com

Dayton drunk driving lawyer Charles M. Rowland understands. You thought a DUI could never happen to you or someone close to you, but now you

DUI Defense In My Cousin Vinny | Dayton DUI Attorney
www.daytondui.com

DUI defense is never far from my mind. I was reminded of this last weekend watching one of my favorite movies, "My Cousin Vinny." In the mov

Judges Express Concerns Over Ignition Interlock Implementation
www.daytondui.com

As Ohio is contemplating "Annie's Law" which would require Ignition Interlock Devices for every first-time OVI offender, it is important to