We've created a fascinating biomedical animation, The Hungry Microbiome, to bring to life years of scientific research and educate the public on how starch gets broken down in the gut. https://lnkd.in/eq2xNmN
THE CHALLENGE Explaining complex biomedical science It’s often hard to understand what’s happening inside our body, because the processes and phenomena that influence it and impact our health can't be seen by the naked eye.
This is a challenge for health professionals, educators and scientists seeking to communicate complex biomedical processes impacting on people’s lives. http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/DPF/Areas/Data/Visualisation/Hungry-microbiome
According to the panel, for every extra 50 grams of processed meat consumed a day, the risk of colorectal cancer increases by 18 percent. For every additional 100 grams of red meat, the risk goes up by 17 percent.
http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/food/news/a39146/does-bacon-cause-cancer/ #Monday #Health #WHO #cancer #cancerresearch #meatlessmonday #meatfreemonday #meat
- Walsh Research InstituteBiomedical Evidence, 2014 - presentDr Walsh is an important thought leader in the rapid evolution of mind science using measurable data and considerable research to document fresh interventions for the most handicapped patients. Treatment failures now can have new options. I've written about him here: http://corepsych.com/walsh-resources
- Society for NeuroscienceNeuroscience Applications, 2011 - presentOngoing upgrades on neuroscience advances and clinical applications. Now every question we ask at every meeting is based upon biologically measurable brain function and laboratory data. Neurophysiology and specific cellular activity create foundations for predictable outcomes, with the most interesting, fresh treatment landscapes for the 21st century mind.
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic MedicineMedicine, 1964 - 1968Planned to become a family practitioner to follow in the footsteps of my mother, but reading Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams" changed my direction. In Gross Anatomy that first year at PCOM on Spruce St in West Philly, with Dr Angus Cathie, who taught my mother in the same school, was my initiation to Dr Charles Parker.
- Institute of the Phildelphia Association For PsychoanalysisAdult Psychoanalysis, 1971 - 1978In Philadelphia I studied psychoanalysis at the Institute in Bala-Cynwyd. - Outstanding training with internationally prominent psychoanalysts: Homer Curtis, MD, Eli Marcovitz, MD, Paul Ecker, MD, Morris Galinsky, MD, and many others. It was a privilege to meet and speak with Anna Freud at the Association during her visit to Phila. in 1972. The two most important questions for a new office evaluation back then: "What are your dreams?" and "What are your fantasies?' In those days we chased any evidence we could find as mind targets lived in the unconscious.
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAdult Psychiatry, 1969 - 1972Einstein is a large metropolitan hospital on N Broad in Phila with outstanding training and supervision. I loved my mentors there and enjoyed an outstanding group of fellow residents for those first steps.
- Hahnemann Medical CollegeChild Psychiatry, 1972 - 1974At Hahnemann it was a privilege to work with Dr Herman Belmont who encouraged my writing, and there I won my first national award and an invitation to speak in New Orleans following an article on child psychiatric school consultation with teachers in South Philly. I was elected Chief Resident in my senior year and encouraged diversity with training consultants.
- Westminster College, MissouriBiology & English, 1960 - 1964Westminster, where Harry Truman delivered our commencement address in 1964, enjoys an excellent academic reputation for majors in Biology and Pre-med. There I regularly published poetry in the school paper and considered a career in writing. I was three hours short [in English] from a dual major in both English and Biology.
- Culver AcademiesCollege and Life Prep, 1958 - 1960Culver in those days was completely military, without the Girls Academy. It was a shock to arrive at that remarkable campus as a junior in high school and face the process of becoming a half-striper plebe [half year of plebe status]. It was boot camp in high school for 4 mos, longer than necessary for me to understand principles of team play. I played in the Band, made excellent grades, and found many friends there, still good friends through life. I played soccer, rowed crew, baseball, softball and our teams were always first or second in intramurals - except for soccer where the troop [Culver's Black Horse Troop] guys, many Latin American from Cuba, Mexico, and South America, kicked our butts. In retrospect: Loved it all.
- Amen ClinicsSPECT Brain Imaging, 2003 - 2007As cofounder of the first Amen Clinic on the east coast I learned brain function measurements through nuclear medicine SPECT studies - neurophysiology for psychiatric applications - from Daniel Amen in Newport Beach, CA. Dr Amen personally trained me through regular meetings and consults for those four years, and that experience opened the door for my next, more precise brain inquires to follow.
+1.757.671.1776, Patient Care Coordinator, Desiree Wright
5029 Corporate Woods Dr Ste 250 Va Beach, VA, 23462USA
"Most of the mistakes in thinking are inadequacies of perception rather than mistakes of logic."
Dr Edward de Bono
Book: New ADHD Medication Rules - Brain Science & Common Sense Available at these several stores. For Audio [Audible], eBook, Book Excerpts and Reader Testimonials see this link.
Details At YouTube Channel From New ADHD Medication Rules:
Channel: DrCharlesParker Specific insights for ADHD Medications. Important playlists to help understand ADHD Medication Management:
1. ADHD Meds Tutorial Overview, - Why, How, What.
2. ADHD Medication Dosage Details, - Get it right.
3. ADHD Medication Problems Can Teach - The PM Drop as Mentor
4. ADHD and Immunity: Mind and Gut. - IgG Matters
5. ADHD Meds & Allergies – Milk and Wheat - How Milk and Wheat Corrupt Brain
6. ADHD Meds & Allergies – Street Immunity - Immunity Explained: ADHD Meds
7. The Basic Three For Confused ADHD Treatment - Treatment Failure Video Insights
Neuroscience information now explodes so rapidly that even medical practitioners get lost in categorical, cookie cutter solutions. But human complexity lives beyond platitudes. The dynamic mind works on reality, beyond fixed, amorphous labels.
CorePsych Treatment Systems
Critical Thinkers: Science and Brain Studies Evolve
Traditional and Functional Medicine: A counterproductive dichotomy creates warring subsets of scientific mind information. The next step for all of us is comprehensive medicine. Ineffective communication with the public, and institutionalized thinking both create problems; our Core Teams will continue to move forward with fresh solutions.
Macro views and micro solutions: From the macro views of SPECT imaging, to the molecular and cellular levels of neurotransmitter precursors, hormones, immune dysfunction, and toxic elements evidence for the brain-world evolves: Over 400 articles at CorePsych.com
ADHD Medication Book & Video Tutorials
ADHD Meds Paperback: New ADHD Medication Rules: Brain Science and Common Sense - Detailed improvements for Diagnosis and Treatment of ADHD - beyond appearances. [Testimonials and excerpts at this link.]
Kindle: For the Kindle at Amazon
Audio: Version at Audible. Read by Parker.
A Best-Seller At Amazon in 3 mos in 6 Different Categories.
ADHD Medications Special Report: Read Predictable Solutions, a 25 pg Complimentary, Utilitarian Review that outlines the 10 Biggest Problems and Best Solutions for a profusion of problems with ADHD Meds.
- CorePsych Treatment SolutionsNeuroscience - brain and body evidence for precise interventions, 2006 - presentUsing the latest laboratory technology to take treatment objectives down to cellular levels. The new brain frontier embraces remarkable new findings available through molecular biology and genetics.
- Author: "New ADHD Medication Rules - Brain Science & Common Sense"ADHD Medical Insights, 2010 - presentFresh maps for new mind territories. Simplistic strategies and outdated labels based upon behavioral appearances too often overlook the complexity and individuality of each person.
- Amen Clinics: DCChief Psych, CoFounder DC Office, 2003 - 2007SPECT, nuclear medicine training and practice with Amen significantly changed my life. His focus on brain function opened the door for more specific biomedical inquiries for each person. I value our time together.
- Hospital Corporation of America, Peninsula Hospital: Hampton VAExec Med Director, 1989 - 1994While there also served as Director of Virgina Impaired Professionals for 1 yr, and wrote Deep Recovery as a commentary on the outdated labels still used today in substance abuse-recovery.
Online Client Engagement - Contact Form & Appointment Scheduler | vCita
Online client engagement solution, convert website visitors to clients, free customizable contact form, free online appointment scheduler.
Maternal Depression Linked to DNA Methylation Changes in Offspring | Psy...
By Will Boggs MD. Maternal depression is associated with widespread changes in DNA methylation in their offspring that may persist into adul
Malaria Parasites Produce Volatile Mosquito Attractants
ABSTRACT The malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum contains a nonphotosynthetic plastid organelle that possesses plant-like metabolic pathw
What YouTube’s new music features mean for artists
As artists, creators, composers, remixers and directors, you’ve been at the forefront of making YouTube the ultimate home for music. After n
Pathways in gut-brain communication: Evidence for distinct gut-to-brain ...
Abstract Objective: The rich interconnectedness between gut and brain is increasingly being identified. This article reviews the evidence fo
Ignorance: How It Drives Science - Stuart Firestein - Google Books
books.google.com - Knowledge is a big subject, says Stuart Firestein, but ignorance is a bigger one. And it is ignorance--not knowledge--tha
Little Tree: An Uncommonly Beautiful and Subtle Japanese Pop-Up Book abo...
"No one notices such a small presence..." Pop-up books have a singular magic, but even the pioneering vintage "interactive" picture-books
Get Involved - Bell Let's Talk Day 2015 - Healthy Minds Canada
Get Involved. Healthy Minds Canada’s Bell Let’s Talk 2015 Tip Sheet This is the easiest campaign to be a part of! You can either lead the co
Executive Functioning in School, the Workplace, and Life | Denise Jamiso...
Have you set out to study for a test, but have no idea how to study or even organize yourself to do so?Have you been given a major project a
Taking Oral Vitamin D? Avoid Making This Serious Mistake
There are different types of vitamin D supplement sold today, so you must be careful in choosing the right one that will provide you with ma
Dig down to lift your spirits: soil bacteria act as antidepressants - Au...
Have you ever noticed that people who spend more time outdoors, particularly those who garden regularly, are often cheery? While the exercis
MRI technique reveals low brain iron in ADHD patients | Science Codex
CHICAGO – Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) provides a noninvasive way to measure iron levels in the brains of people with attention deficit