What We Eat - Matters!
Our Cells - They Matter!
We are discovering new territory this week at CoreBrain Journal. In our CBJ episode this week, I have extensive conversations with two fascinating doctors, both on a mission to change the way we think about our bodies on an internal level.
Tune In Today - Nutrients and Your Brain
Dr. Cupperauld, President of Concepts For Health, in Fresno CA, is a health and healing expert, a teacher and lecturer. expertiseHis twenty-three years of clinical expertise and experience with many people asking his nutritional advice has enabled him to develop a unique system that allows people to take control of their health. With more than 12 years as a consultant to the world’s leading authority on the use of therapeutic and nutrient-dense foods, plant and glandular concentrates and extracts, as well as phytonutrients and phytochemicals, he’s been there. He’s frank, straightforward and determined to make a difference on a variety of nutrition topics. Dr. Cupperauld will encourage our audience to think about junk food – as it corrupts the brain. Sugar control is essential. Click here to go directly to this episode: http://corebrainjournal.com/032
Thursday - Your Cells - They Matter
Consider this concept: metadarwinism - it's about reconsidering Darwin's "survival of the fittest" as an old process that pales into insignificance when compared to the love that microbiota, those microorganisms - for example, our gut friends in the microbiome - have for each other. Consider how they get together over millennia to create... yes, us.
Dr. Miller is the author of The Microcosm Within: Evolution and Extinction in the Hologenome. A practicing physician for 30 years, now an independent researcher in evolutionary biology, a media commentator on health issues, the microbiome, and our evolution. And, he's co-editor of the Society for the Advancement of Metadarwinism. Trust me; you will love this guy. Tune in THURSDAY when this link goes live: http://corebrainjournal.com/033
We hope that these two incredible interviews this week will broaden how you think about your bodies, and remind you that what we put into our body affects our health on every level...all the way down to those tiny cells!
We can't wait to hear what you think about these two topics! Let us know if we are making a difference..let us know what your "take-away" is and how it affects how you take care of yourself!
Thank you for tuning in!
~ Bart Billings
#combatstress #ptsd #posttraumaticstress
Alternatives That Work
This week at CoreBrain Journal we have two provocative interviews for you. Both are intriguing as they bring proven, real-life results to those who are living with either ADHD or Combat Stress Disorders. It is important to our CoreBrain Journal Team that we share with our audience treatment options that they may not have discovered previously, in a hope to offer alternatives for those seeking answers for their own health or the health of a loved one.
Today at CoreBrain Journal
ADHD Requires More Than Guessework
Undiagnosed for decades, Alan Brown's untreated ADHD manifested in underachievement, failed relationships, substance abuse, and worse. Once diagnosed, he found it difficult to learn coping strategies from books, so he developed his own unique and interesting "brain hack" strategies while building a successful advertising career and several successful start-ups. He's a featured presenter at ADHD conferences in the U.S. and abroad, at TEDx, and co-hosts ADDA's weekly webinars as well as his own Crusher™TV, a weekly online TV show that teaches how to "unleash the power of your brain" via productivity brain hacks. Tune in today at http://www.corebrainjournal.com/2016/07/030-adhd-brain-hacks-alan-brown/ to hear how you can use Alan's strategies in your own life to unleash the power of your brain. Then, Alan provided for our listeners an excellent complimentary eBook PDF - 5 Things You are Doing to Make Your ADHD Worse - tune in to hear how you can receive this very helpful information.
Tune in Thursday
Treating Combat Stress and PTSD Without Medication
When Dr. Bart Billings book - Invisible Scars - Treating Combat Stress and PTSD Without Medication hit the market in January 2016, it immediately became a best seller.
Dr. Billings gives explicit details about his profoundly informed and moving experience based up years of dealing with wounded warriors. From direct front line experience as a clinical psychologist in charge of large PTSD and TBI programs, both on active duty and following as a civilian to the present day, Dr. Billings is one of the singular most informed medical professionals in the country.
We will give away a copy of Dr. Billings book - Invisible Scars - Treating Combat Stress and PTSD Without Medication. Stay tuned to hear how you can register to win a copy of this best-selling book.
Thank you, again, to our listeners! We love bringing new, thoughtful and detailed interviews to you each and every week. We welcome your comments and hope that you will reach out if you have any questions regarding current or previous episodes. #adhd #combatstress #ptsdawareness
- CorePsych Treatment SolutionsNeuroscience - brain and body evidence for precise interventions, 2006 - presentUsing the latest laboratory technology to take treatment objectives down to cellular levels. The new brain frontier embraces remarkable new findings available through molecular biology and genetics.
- Author: "New ADHD Medication Rules - Brain Science & Common Sense"ADHD Medical Insights, 2010 - presentFresh maps for new mind territories. Simplistic strategies and outdated labels based upon behavioral appearances too often overlook the complexity and individuality of each person.
- Amen Clinics: DCChief Psych, CoFounder DC Office, 2003 - 2007SPECT, nuclear medicine training and practice with Amen significantly changed my life. His focus on brain function opened the door for more specific biomedical inquiries for each person. I value our time together.
- Hospital Corporation of America, Peninsula Hospital: Hampton VAExec Med Director, 1989 - 1994While there also served as Director of Virgina Impaired Professionals for 1 yr, and wrote Deep Recovery as a commentary on the outdated labels still used today in substance abuse-recovery.
- CoreBrain JournalHost, presentConnecting Mind Science with Street Realities
"Neuroscience based innovations in psychiatric practice can save years of repeated guesswork and confusion. Brain science works, but only if you work it. It's about the details." Dr Charles Parker
"Most of the mistakes in thinking are inadequacies of perception rather than mistakes of logic."
Dr Edward de Bono
Book: New ADHD Medication Rules - Brain Science & Common Sense Amazon Global Link for Kindle, Book, & Audible
Details At YouTube Channel From New ADHD Medication Rules:
Channel: DrCharlesParker Specific insights for ADHD Medications. Important playlists to help understand ADHD Medication Management:
1. ADHD Meds Tutorial Overview, - Why, How, What.
2. ADHD Medication Dosage Details, - Get it right.
3. ADHD Medication Problems Can Teach - The PM Drop as Mentor
4. ADHD and Immunity: Mind and Gut. - IgG Matters
5. ADHD Meds & Allergies – Milk and Wheat - How Milk and Wheat Corrupt Brain
6. ADHD Meds & Allergies – Street Immunity - Immunity Explained: ADHD Meds
7. The Basic Three For Confused ADHD Treatment - Treatment Failure Video Insights
Neuroscience information now explodes so rapidly that even medical practitioners get lost in categorical, cookie cutter solutions. But human complexity lives beyond platitudes. The dynamic mind works on reality, beyond fixed, amorphous labels.
CorePsych Treatment Systems
Critical Thinkers: Science and Brain Studies Evolve
Traditional and Functional Medicine: A counterproductive dichotomy creates warring subsets of scientific mind information. The next step for all of us is comprehensive medicine. Ineffective communication with the public, and institutionalized thinking both create problems; our Core Teams will continue to move forward with fresh solutions.
Macro views and micro solutions: From the macro views of SPECT imaging, to the molecular and cellular levels of neurotransmitter precursors, hormones, immune dysfunction, and toxic elements evidence for the brain-world evolves: Over 460 articles at CorePsych.com
ADHD Medications Special Report
Read Predictable Solutions, a 25 pg Complimentary, Utilitarian Review that outlines the 10 Biggest Problems and Best Solutions for a profusion of problems with ADHD Meds.
- Walsh Research InstituteBiomedical Evidence, 2014 - presentDr Walsh is an important thought leader in the rapid evolution of mind science using measurable data and considerable research to document fresh interventions for the most handicapped patients. Treatment failures now can have new options. I've written about him here: http://corepsych.com/walsh-resources
- Society for NeuroscienceNeuroscience Applications, 2011 - presentOngoing upgrades on neuroscience advances and clinical applications. Now every question we ask at every meeting is based upon biologically measurable brain function and laboratory data. Neurophysiology and specific cellular activity create foundations for predictable outcomes, with the most interesting, fresh treatment landscapes for the 21st century mind.
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic MedicineMedicine, 1964 - 1968Planned to become a family practitioner to follow in the footsteps of my mother, but reading Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams" changed my direction. In Gross Anatomy that first year at PCOM on Spruce St in West Philly, with Dr Angus Cathie, who taught my mother in the same school, was my initiation to Dr Charles Parker.
- Institute of the Phildelphia Association For PsychoanalysisAdult Psychoanalysis, 1971 - 1978In Philadelphia I studied psychoanalysis at the Institute in Bala-Cynwyd. - Outstanding training with internationally prominent psychoanalysts: Homer Curtis, MD, Eli Marcovitz, MD, Paul Ecker, MD, Morris Galinsky, MD, and many others. It was a privilege to meet and speak with Anna Freud at the Association during her visit to Phila. in 1972. The two most important questions for a new office evaluation back then: "What are your dreams?" and "What are your fantasies?' In those days we chased any evidence we could find as mind targets lived in the unconscious.
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAdult Psychiatry, 1969 - 1972Einstein is a large metropolitan hospital on N Broad in Phila with outstanding training and supervision. I loved my mentors there and enjoyed an outstanding group of fellow residents for those first steps.
- Hahnemann Medical CollegeChild Psychiatry, 1972 - 1974At Hahnemann it was a privilege to work with Dr Herman Belmont who encouraged my writing, and there I won my first national award and an invitation to speak in New Orleans following an article on child psychiatric school consultation with teachers in South Philly. I was elected Chief Resident in my senior year and encouraged diversity with training consultants.
- Westminster College, MissouriBiology & English, 1960 - 1964Westminster, where Harry Truman delivered our commencement address in 1964, enjoys an excellent academic reputation for majors in Biology and Pre-med. There I regularly published poetry in the school paper and considered a career in writing. I was three hours short [in English] from a dual major in both English and Biology.
- Culver AcademiesCollege and Life Prep, 1958 - 1960Culver in those days was completely military, without the Girls Academy. It was a shock to arrive at that remarkable campus as a junior in high school and face the process of becoming a half-striper plebe [half year of plebe status]. It was boot camp in high school for 4 mos, longer than necessary for me to understand principles of team play. I played in the Band, made excellent grades, and found many friends there, still good friends through life. I played soccer, rowed crew, baseball, softball and our teams were always first or second in intramurals - except for soccer where the troop [Culver's Black Horse Troop] guys, many Latin American from Cuba, Mexico, and South America, kicked our butts. In retrospect: Loved it all.
- Amen ClinicsSPECT Brain Imaging, 2003 - 2007As cofounder of the first Amen Clinic on the east coast I learned brain function measurements through nuclear medicine SPECT studies - neurophysiology for psychiatric applications - from Daniel Amen in Newport Beach, CA. Dr Amen personally trained me through regular meetings and consults for those four years, and that experience opened the door for my next, more precise brain inquires to follow.
+1.757.671.1776, Patient Care Coordinator, Earon Massie
5029 Corporate Woods Dr Ste 250 Va Beach, VA, 23462USA
Online Client Engagement - Contact Form & Appointment Scheduler | vCita
Online client engagement solution, convert website visitors to clients, free customizable contact form, free online appointment scheduler.
Maternal Depression Linked to DNA Methylation Changes in Offspring | Psy...
By Will Boggs MD. Maternal depression is associated with widespread changes in DNA methylation in their offspring that may persist into adul
Malaria Parasites Produce Volatile Mosquito Attractants
ABSTRACT The malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum contains a nonphotosynthetic plastid organelle that possesses plant-like metabolic pathw
What YouTube’s new music features mean for artists
As artists, creators, composers, remixers and directors, you’ve been at the forefront of making YouTube the ultimate home for music. After n
Pathways in gut-brain communication: Evidence for distinct gut-to-brain ...
Abstract Objective: The rich interconnectedness between gut and brain is increasingly being identified. This article reviews the evidence fo
Ignorance: How It Drives Science - Stuart Firestein - Google Books
books.google.com - Knowledge is a big subject, says Stuart Firestein, but ignorance is a bigger one. And it is ignorance--not knowledge--tha
Little Tree: An Uncommonly Beautiful and Subtle Japanese Pop-Up Book abo...
"No one notices such a small presence..." Pop-up books have a singular magic, but even the pioneering vintage "interactive" picture-books
Get Involved - Bell Let's Talk Day 2015 - Healthy Minds Canada
Get Involved. Healthy Minds Canada’s Bell Let’s Talk 2015 Tip Sheet This is the easiest campaign to be a part of! You can either lead the co
Executive Functioning in School, the Workplace, and Life | Denise Jamiso...
Have you set out to study for a test, but have no idea how to study or even organize yourself to do so?Have you been given a major project a
Taking Oral Vitamin D? Avoid Making This Serious Mistake
There are different types of vitamin D supplement sold today, so you must be careful in choosing the right one that will provide you with ma
Dig down to lift your spirits: soil bacteria act as antidepressants - Au...
Have you ever noticed that people who spend more time outdoors, particularly those who garden regularly, are often cheery? While the exercis