Why do so many people in the "Majority" think that changes to make things "more Fair" should be unfelt by the "Majority"?
It's not difficult to understand. If there are only "N-jobs" that are vastly awarded to the "Majority" and then a change is made to allow for more "non-Majority" people to receive a fairer portion of "N-jobs". Logic dictates that the jobs awarded to "non-Majority" population are jobs NOT-Awared to "Majority" population. Of course, some "Majority" population will feel the affects of the change.
The only way to employ more people without someone else losing opportunity is to add more jobs.[N-Jobs + ?-Jobs] This is a dilemma[task] for our Government economists and Corporations.
Here are just a few questions for the "Majority" population who hold the position that programs to balance the job market fairness are "Reverse Racism"....
1. Do you think the job market ought to remain unfair?
2. Do you think "non-Majority" wish for "Majority" to go unemployed? Of course this is not true, "non-Majority" simply want jobs.
3. Do you realize that the problems created by systemic racism are harder to solve than what it took to create them?
4. Do you realize that systemic racism lasting for generations involves multiple actions to solve the problems?
- Cessation of systemically racist institutions, legislations, policies and procedures
- Correction of the systemic problems created by the aforementioned
- much, much, more.
We[ALL] need to address the problem of systemic racism, sexism, etc while keeping in mind that:
1. "Majority" population do not want to lose anything they currently possess. [Do not want to share]
2. "non-Majority" population cannot and will not stand to maintain the status-quo. [Want more]
3. Corporations and Governments do not care. [We cannot depend on them to solve the problems]
- Corporations are in it for the money and only do what they see as necessary to continue increasing their profit margins. Mostly, they only take actions to address social issues for the purpose of increasing or preventing loss to their profit margins.
- Governments are a collection of elected and appointed people entangled in a complicated mess to satisfy the people, guard the nation, and much much more. [Too busy and conflicted to help]
4. The only people who can solve the problems are "The People".[We can only depend on ourselves]
5. We Must not take large-scale problems personally. Each individual is NOT directly responsible for the problems of the whole.
We need to stop fighting each other and work together to solve the problems. While the subject matter of problems involve difficult issues such as race, gender, etc... WE CAN work together to solve the problems.
We CANNOT let the social engineering promoted by Governments, Corporations, and Mass-Media define us.
We HAVE TO rise above it all and look each other in the eyes. Everyday People Get Along Much Better than what is represented in the Media.https://www.dol.gov/_sec/media/reports/blacklaborforce2011/