Another 500 Firepaper update - v2.25
Always more to do, here's some more changes for you. Some improvements in the hardware-accelerated area, some bugfixes, some crashfixes, better resource management etc.
Visually, there are two 'big' changes:
(1) If you are using the blur feature and hardware acceleration, double tapping the image will unblur the image for a few seconds
(2) If you are using the parallax effect, it will now let you scroll through a much larger area of the image. It is however still limited so a single homescreen swipe does not move the background image an entire screen's width.
Additionally you should be aware that every single launcher I have tried report their number of homescreens and its positioning differently - and there is no way for the app to know which one is your default screen. Some launcher always report a single screen - so no effect there. Some launchers always report a minimum of 4 screens, even if you're using only 2, which will result in you seeing mostly the left hand side of the image. Etc.
There is no real way to make this work for everyone, as every single launcher does this differently - it's a complete mess.Download
You can get the app from Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.firepaper.fivehundredpx
. As always it will take an hour or two after this post before the new version is available.
The XDA thread can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2522588Changelog
- Hardware acceleration: reduce flicker
- Hardware acceleration: fixed an auto-refresh issue
- Hardware acceleration: double tap to deblur
- Muzei: fixed an auto-refresh issue
- Added wakelock timeouts (just in case)
- Adjusted rotation refresh behavior
- Separated all components into their own processes for better memory management
- Blur setting no longer affects daydream
- Pinned image no longer affects daydream or Muzei
- Reworked parallax scrolling
- Reduced background resource usage
- Touch detection adjusted again