Great work +Chad LaFarge
This is the sort of thing that +Dan McDermott
and +Jason Salas
and +Eric Rice
I have frequently talked about, and I'm glad to see someone has started putting these tools together. I think the notable thing about this is that it is coordinating between people running the app - this is very much an important aspect.
Some of your questions to the dev mailing list make sense... and it makes even more sense why they were questions that I've pondered a lot myself!
I haven't played with yours extensively yet, but here are the list of things that I had on my list for such a tool as well:
- Timer since the HoA (or manual trigger) started
- Since you have a topic list, have a timer attached to each topic as well. This lets you know if a topic is going long and provides you with an index to topics after the show is over.
- Standard lower thirds and badge coordination.
- Lower thirds timing coordination. (In a real lower thirds, it doesn't sit there all the time. It only appears for a few seconds when you first begin talking and then only periodically afterwards.)
- Reduce screen whitespace. This is something that +Sarah Hill
points out a lot, since the camera has issues with lots of whitespace. It wasn't clear if this was an app or an extension, but if it is an app then you can at least make the middle part of the screen black and video overlay on this instead of using the default video overlay.