- Jordana Wright PhotographyIdea Man / Manager, 2007 - presentOrganizing the business and promoting the talents of the one and only Jordana Wright. Promotional efforts include public appearances, speaking engagements, tours, gallery displays, personal networking initiatives, experiential events, and solicitation of sponsorship. Specializing in incredible everything, and making it happen.
- Pendulum Aerial ArtsLighting Designer, Technical Contact, 2011 - presentLighting and production design for breathtaking high-caliber performances of aerial, contortion, and circus acts. These people are The Real Deal.
- www.cassiuswright.comEvent / Production Designer, Planner, & Consultant, 2003 - presentOver 1400 successful live shows, festivals, and events, with a track record of artistic integrity, ease of operation, and high quality product. I also write, present, and consult about integrating technology into event and performance environments, with a focus on social media, cutting edge technology, and functional artistic design. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of production techniques but am perfectly comfortable designing and inventing new solutions to complex event problems. If you want outside the box solutions, and epic-scale thinking, look no further.
- Venue OneMeeting and Expo Director, 2013 - 2014Venue One is Chicago's only all-inclusive Proprietary, Experiential, and Social Event space. With 33,000 sq ft. of totally flexible event and meeting space, Venue One can create any fully designed environment imaginable. Featuring an on-site staff including chefs, bartenders, waiters, event technicians, designers, and event managers, Venue One guarantees easy, hassle-free planning, with no need to burden the process with an army of outside vendors. For meetings, seminars, events and anything else you can dream of between 12 and 800 guests. One call, one place, one price.
- Event CreativeProduction and Events, 2013 - 2014From www.eventcreative.com : Event Creative is a full service event design and production agency with the ability to design, fabricate and execute any size event, branded environment, or tour. Event Creative’s designers, carpenters, seamstresses, and graphic artists comprise one of the most comprehensive teams in the industry. With complete floral, fabric and set design studios, in conjunction with an extensive inventory of lighting, furniture, sound and video equipment, Event Creative is the one stop shop for all event design and production needs.
- Academy of Awesome and CreativityAdvanced Awesome, 2013
- Illinois State UniversityTechnical Theater, 2004Advanced training in all aspects of theatrical and event production, focusing on Lighting Design, Rigging, and Special Effects
As I very publicly discussed last year in a TEDx Talk, I have OCD.
In my 30 years of life, I have spent far too much time worrying and catastrophizing -- about illness, about injury, about money, about success, about completely unlikely things that will never ever come true unless you're me, then they seem destined to happen. Through the support of my husband, family, friends, and a lovely little pill called Fluoxetine, I have worked through these issues quite successfully. My OCD is now very manageable. I am one of the lucky ones who can say this.
Mental Illness is a serious issue that is hugely silenced, stigmatized, or at best, just left un-addressed in this country.
Recently I decided to assuage my fears about illness, injury and money a little bit more by applying for short-term disability insurance. I wanted to feel protected if one of these catastrophes might actually occur.
On Sunday I received a letter in the mail that at once upset and enraged me. You can read it here for yourself.
First, let's talk about the Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which I was mis-diagnosed with over 10 years ago and show no symptoms of whatsoever. That's irritating enough on its own -- pun intended for levity...
But to be denied for a Short Term Disability insurance policy that wouldn't even cover a Mental Illness-based lapse of employment because of a Mental Illness Diagnosis, THAT is the definition of crazy. How in a million years would OCD make me uncoverable for a policy protecting my physical ability to work?!
If you're reading this, you probably know me at least a little bit. You know that I'm not going to just take this "no" and go away. Decisions like this serve only to perpetuate the way Mental Illness is addressed. Now they've directly denied me from giving myself a little bit of piece of mind -- piece of mind that I would have happily paid into twice a week even though I would probably never end up needing it.
Even now, as I sit typing this, one of my friends said "What's the point? It's just how insurance is. Insurance companies are just the worst thing in the world."
Well why is that ok? Why do we put up with it? Why do we just accept the diagnosis-based discrimination that hundreds of thousands of Americans face on a regular basis?
I'm done with being quiet. I'm done with feeling embarrassed about OCD, being shy about taking meds, and being understanding about MetLife calling me uninsurable.
If you have a friend, or a family member who suffers, or if you suffer from a mental illness, I hope you are upset and enraged too.
You know what? Even if you've never met a single person on the planet that you sympathize with who has a screw or two loose, you have to see that this can't continue.
Yes, I have OCD, but I'm still a human being.
Jimmy Fallon Sings ‘Old Man’ With Neil Young On ‘Tonight Show’ — Must Se...
Jimmy Fallon has impersonated Neil Young on his show countless of times in the past. Fallon, dressed as Neil Young, has jammed with Bruce Sp
Wedding decor trends with Kehoe Designs - 01/22/2015 | Entertainment New...
The holidays are one of the biggest times of the year where couples across the country get engaged. That means NOW is the time to plan!
Coming Up on Windy City LIVE - 01/16/2015 | Entertainment News from Wind...
What's next on Windy City LIVE? Check out who's coming on the show!
Gmail 5.0 With Exchange Support And Material Design Has Landed [APK Down...
The day is finally upon us - the Gmail 5.0 APK has landed, and we have it for your (production-signed) downloading pleasure. As we've expect
"Basetrack" Combines Social Media, Photography, And Music To Translate T...
Journalism, social media, and art fuse to tell a powerful war story.
Storage Containers Chicago | Custom Storage Containers in Chicago, IL
Storage containers in Chicago by Advantage Structures LLC. Get a free quote on a customer container for sale.