Today we’re launching the newest version of Hangouts for Android, rolling out to the Play store (http://goo.gl/6Sv8V) over the next few days. Highlights include:
- Merged conversations: SMS and Hangout conversations with the same recipient are now combined into a single conversation. You can control whether you want to send a message via Hangouts or SMS with the flip of a switch, and different message types will be easy to tell apart in the conversation. Of course, you can always merge and unmerge conversations if you’d like.
- Simplified contact list: now there’s two main sections in contacts — People you Hangout With, and Phone Contacts — making it simpler to navigate, and easier to use for SMS.
- Homescreen widget: add the Hangouts widget to your homescreen for quick access to your recent conversations.
- Performance improvements: today’s update includes better quality video calls, as well as improved SMS and MMS reliability.
The new version will be available in the Play store (http://goo.gl/6Sv8V) this week, so download or update and let us know what you think!
If you're on Steam and want to add me, I'm cassidyjames there. I play a lot of indie games, but I also play Portal 2 and TF2. And probably some other games I can't think of at the moment. :P
This is so true. This is why I love knowing how to code. This is why I love seeing learning how to code. This is why I think you should encourage your kids—no matter their gender—to learn how to code.
For whatever reason we're not on the list, so write in!
- Visual Logic GroupUser Experience Intern, 2013 - presentIcon design, front-end web development, print design, whiteboarding, user testing
- elementary LLC.Owner, UX DesignerUser experience design, bug triaging, user testing, bitesize bug fixing in Vala, social media, developer communications, online chat- and email-based user support, high-level decision making, bookkeeping, corporate communications, press releases, developer documentation, end-user documentation
- BlaedesignConsultant, 2005 - 2014• Soldering and preparing audio connections. • Researching, selecting, installing, and configuring PC A/V hardware and software. • Training clients on PC A/V hardware and software. • Assisting in the installation of audio and video presentation equipment.
- University of Northern Iowa ITS Network ServicesNetwork Engineer Assistant, 2012 - 2013• Upgrade switch firmware & configuration. • Utilize Cacti Monitoring Service. • Perform Wireless Site Surveys. • Configure Enterasys Switches. • Provision and configure wireless APs. • Handle RMA procedures. • Utilize NetSight Console for network management. • Utilize RingMaster for AP management. • Create and manage wireless heatmaps with Ekahau. • Track tasks and progress in a ticketing system.
- Waukee YMCADay Camp Counselor, 2012 - 2012• Assist in preparation and delivery of positive activities. • Assist in the development of an activity schedule. • Perform routine checks on equipment and program area to ensure safety. • Demonstrate and enforce the policies and procedures for the day camp site. • Know all emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them. • Educate participants on emergency procedures and policies. • Encourage participation in all activities. • Establish positive relationships with program participants and families.
- LCSTechnical Support Analyst, 2011 - 2012• Provide support to internal staff and external clients via help desk. • Assist staff/clients with password resets. • Assist staff/clients with software installation, configuration, etc. • Write and maintain documentation through Sharepoint. • Communicate technical concepts to facilitate understanding. • Rapidly learn and master varied systems and programs. • Track tasks and progress in a ticketing system.
- elementary OS
- Open Source
- Star Wars
Kill the DRM in Your Old iTunes Music Purchases | Gadget Lab | WIRED
If you bought music on iTunes between 2003 and 2009, there's a good chance these songs are still crippled DRM. Here's how to set them free.
5 Myths About elementary - Cassidy James on scriptogr.am
Cassidy James | Personal blog/musings of Cassidy James Blaede.
Why the elementary OS team is the perfect home for Shotwell
Photo management software Shotwell was cut loose, but was taken in by the elementary OS team.