- Program Manager, Community Management (Google+), 2016 - presentLeading the Content and Community Management team on Google+
- PicsArtSenior Community Manager, 2015 - 2016
- KIXEYECommunity Manager, Mobile Games, 2013 - 2015
- UserVoiceCommunity Manager, 2012 - 2013
- American UniversityFilm & Media Arts, 2008 - 2012
- American UniversityBusiness Administration (Marketing), 2008 - 2012
- Cape Henry Collegiate School2004 - 2008
Make no mistake: we encourage actions like the terror in Orlando when we name call, demonize gay people, spread misinformation, or otherwise create situations to make a certain group feel unsafe. Our own prejudice validates those who want to harm others and gives them confidence. We need to think, every moment, about how we can bring more people closer together; not about how we can elevate ourselves above at-risk groups. My advice? Go online and search. Read people's stories. But, above all, ask questions. Be curious, not afraid.
My heart, my tears, and my thoughts go out to everyone directly affected. And a special thought for every single gay man, woman, or kid, every trans person or open-minded experiencer out there - This man wanted people like us to feel afraid. He targeted all of us last night. But, instead of fear, we hold each other and stand defiant, queer, and undeterred.
1) Fitness Instructor at the YMCA
2) Barista at Bean There Cafe (pictured)
3) Front Desk Coordinator at Kogod Business School Career Center
4) Orientation Leader at American University
5) Campaign Management Intern at the Ad Council
6) Peer Consultant at Kogod Business School Career Center
7) Community Manager at HelpsGood
Apparently it took seven jobs to get me into Community Management.
If you're wondering whether two weeks in Iceland are the greatest, I can confirm that they are. We rented a Happy Camper and traveled across the entirety of the island, hiking to waterfalls, glaciers, and hot springs. And while all of that was so amazing, I'm pretty happy to be back to work!
What's been going on with you guys? How's it been going on G+?
American University. Listen to Me. Stop WONK. Stop WONK Now.
Editor's Note: This is an op-ed written by Carter Gibson, CEO and Founder of online nonprofit the LittleBigFund and...
The 22-Year-Old Nonprofit Founder With More Than 1 Million Followers on ...
Carter Gibson is a name worth remembering. He may be only 22-years-old, but he has never let his age interfere with...
People Are Commemorating The Wrong Half Of The Bay Bridge
It's the old eastern span, folks. That's the only thing that's going away. But some of you are saying goodbye to the whole thing.
People That Said Goodbye To Wrong Side Of The Bay Bridge
Inspired by my roommate Hannah who is too busy to make this herself because of law school or some shit like that.
Elon Musk has 'no plans' to actually build his Hyperloop design
Elon Musk has promised to reveal preliminary plans for a super-fast "Hyperloop" transporter on August 12th — but don't expect him to actuall
Don't Let Mumford & Sons Trick You Into Liking Them | NOISEY
Fuck you and your six layers of clothing, Marcus.
Google Pays $600K To Give Free Wi-Fi To 31 San Francisco Parks | TechCrunch
31 San Francisco playgrounds, plazas, recreation centers, and parks are getting two years of free Wi-Fi thanks to a $600,000 gift announced