Yeah sure! Sony advocate Jason "I-made-the-switch-from-Nikon-to-Sony-Video" Lanier had his camera bag run over by a truck.
And guess what? The only gear that suffered was a Canon 85mm f/1.2 lens (4:40), while non of the latest native Sony FE-Lenses and Sony cameras in his bag got a single scratch. Then he continues to elaborate what long list of cool Sony gear he has in his bag and at 5:50 he tells you in detail what no longer works with the now broken Canon lens.
A few questions remain:
- Why does he still has a Canon lens in his bag, when he has all the cool native lens available? Even when everyone should know that despite the advances, the metabone adapters are still painfully slow with focusing?
- Even more: He made the switch from Nikon and the only non Sony gear he has is a Canon lens?
- A truck runs over a bag and hits a single lens? Which is the only non-Sony one? Really?
- He had someone filming all the time (sure, he is always filming his shootings, right?), but there is neither a video of the car running over it (but he has a still capture from the claimed video - 1:58) nor a picture that shows all the lenses and cameras "spread all down the hill" (2:11). Yeah, sure. It's more important to tell how broken the Canon lens is and what kind of Sony gear he has.
- And finally: He hopes that the attention will assist the police to apprehend this guy. However he knows the license plate. WTF??? The Police in the U.S. cannot look up the owner of a truck from a given license plate???
Nice try, Jason. At least you got this Sony and self advertisement posted on +PetaPixel