Shared this in The Parlay Society
(join us here ==>> http://WizBangLink.com/parlaysociety if you like to talk about the more exciting, sexy and darker sides of marketing and being successful in the INFORMAL economy)
I have a bachelor's and I honestly don't think it would have made one lick of a difference in my work choice, now that I know what I know.
If you think you need a piece of paper to validate your worth, please read the article and then let's debate in the comment section below.
You don't need a degree.
You need a viable plan and a good enough skill set.
My biggest takeaway - focus on the INFORMAL job market.
And this bolded quote:
==>> "Your entire multi-year, six-figure education is reduced to a simple check-mark used to get past impatient screeners on the other end of a Craigslist ad."
Oh...and you need to learn how to sell and get your offer to your target market.
What do you think?
Don't like to read?
Here are the steps in a nutshell:
1. Choose Your Field of Learning - as long as its not in law, medicine or accounting, you should be good to go. The less restrictions the easier it'll be to make this happen for you.
2. Showcase Your Learning - read at least a book a week from active successful practicitioners and detail your journey...as you go.
I think I've heard this sort of thing referred to as leading from the middle.
You being just a few steps of your followers is infinitely more valuable than the dude at the top of the mountain who you can clearly see made it to the top but you have no idea what route he took.
3. Learn The Basics of Good Networking - It's about the who you know AND who knows you. Develop this, as its a critical ingredient for your success.
4. Start Working For Free - within your network, if you have no proof, use those that would hire you to build your proof and show it back to your audience.
5. Develop Case Studies Of Your Work - Isn't this the sort of thing you see me doing here in this group?
It's probably why I take so long to get products out there, lol.
6. Develop Relationships With Mentors - Interview them, study them, praise them and many will reciprocate and help you attain more success.
7. Learn Sales - Self explanatory but no money is made until an idea, product or service gets sold in exchange for money. There is absolutely no way around this if you want to achieve massive success.
8. Sell and Deliver Your Services Within Your Social Economy - This is otherwise known as the collective of marketing.
Host meeting events to get in front of more than one of your ideal prospects at once while delivering massive value.
Host local events.
Do lunch and learnss, etc.
Now go out and make shit happen!
So, do you think RSS feeds are dead?
I sure hope most people do because I use it as one of my secret ways to get clients that most people aren't very aware of.
Watch the video to learn how I use it and let me know if you think this is smart or if it didn't make any sense in hell?
If you like talking about and learning about this sort of stuff, be sure and join our group, The Parlay Society (It's FREE)
Price, as you may or may not be aware, is simply the function of perceived value that something is worth to someone else.
*Before I continue this link is about to expire ==>> http://WizBangLink.com/ffwebi
While there are REAL constraints as to WHO something is worth to and WHAT they are willing to pay, remember that there are other emotional ingredients that you must learn how to incorporate into your marketing message, which will help folks to come to their own assessment of worth.
As long as you CAN provide the results you suggest you can provide to folks, you have evidence that you've done it, and you have a few other things that we'll get into in a moment,
There is no reason not to charge a fee that you feel is justifiable, the potential customer or client CAN and is WILLING to pay for your results.
The key ingredients (I suppose there are some other secret ingredients but...this is a good base) are:
1. What is the outcome they can and should expect as a benefit if they pay you...what's in it for them?
2. What makes your solution THE solution that they can't get elsewhere?
3. What sort of training have you had that makes you the expert?
4. What is the unique offer that can't readily be compared that you're offering that makes this a no brainer.
5. What is the process that you use to get them there and why will it work for them?
6. Exclusivity - who is this for and who can't have this?
7. Why do they need to act now...not later.
8. What hardships must they endure if they decide to go with someone else or try this on their own.
Eh, who cares...I just wanted to post this after closing another $5500 client.
Maybe it's time to start raising my rates?
It's exciting what you know what you say works and other people pay you for it.
If you want to learn how I do it and actually hear a call that demonstrates how I do it,
Go here before it's gone ===>>
Oh and yes...I did it the way most people find hard and grueling, by using those pesky 3rd world platforms.
Have a good day yall!
Special thanks to:
God & His Universe
Colin Theriot, Russell Ruffino, Erik D Stafford, Jack Mize Dan Ardebili, Ben Adkins, Ben Littlefield, Tim Ferriss and Jason Fladlien, Evelyn Falcon (my super woman), my kids...for whom I have to feed
Supportive pep talks by:
Jason Kanigan , Dan Kennedy, Ben Franklin, My Dad, and of course My Clients and those still on the fence but want to hire me...just afraid to pull the trigger
I also want to thank:
Those that are afraid to ask what they're worth, but want to bitch and complain about it.
People that want to tell you "you're doing it the wrong way."
Those that look to me for support and guidance (sorry to lump you in this section but thank you for understanding I don't mean to lump you here).
My computer for not blowing up while trying to do a freakin' webinar or demonstrate some valuable shit to someone.
People that read this and envy me
Haters for reminding me that I'm doing some shit that matters enough to get them agitated at me for not being like them.
Fence riders for reminding me it's more fun to participate than to watch...
Anyone else I missed that I missed...thank you...until next big close.
This is an amazing way to grow your list.
Watch this amazing way to grow a big fat list of hyper greedy people.
Feed their selfish greed and you'll feed an insatiable need.
As my buddy Tom Royce points out, this is probably one of the most restrictive contests ever created but that doesn't matter because he still makes it easy for you to take part while potentially getting something out of it...
Even if you, most likely, don't get anything out of it.
Super smart list building technique.
Was the video helpful or stupid?
Tell me below.
Whenever I consult with a client, generally I do it via a recorded conference call.
Typically, I use it as a way to add value by making it a bonus part of the deliverable of our coaching call so that the client has something to reference later in case they'd like to go over possible overlooked details, and I use it for marketing collateral.
Here is the one that I use, and I suggest you play around with, as well.
Orginially posted in the Parlay Society (Facebook group)
You ever do a job that you think is too small for you to be dealing with, but you sorta kinda need the money?
Well, the more you say yes to opportunities the more likely you are to create greater opportunities by virtue of making stuff happen.
So...what I recommend you do, especially you folks that offer services to others is start saying yes to projects that you know you can provide services for, and once you're in...you're a lock to let clients know that you can do other things for them as well.
So, if you offer article writing, but you know you're good at writing email sequences mention that...AFTER you got the article writing job.
If you make lead magnets...tell them AFTER you got the squeeze page gig.
If you can make presentations, do that AFTER you get the Sales Letter gig.
This is relatable in so many ways and is one of my cornerstone tactics for routinely getting 4 figure (recently in the higher four figure) freelance jobs from clients that thought they wanted just one thing, but realized, after we started working together that they needed more and that I could provide it for them.
Get in...don't oversell....give them what they want and then let them know you can do the other stuff they haven't begun thinking about yet.
How many 4 or 5 figure clients do you need to make your month?
I promise it's that simple.
Hope it helps.
Doors are closing and the relaunch is going to be a bit more so if you haven't jumped on this and want to get the best deal possible on training that could change the way you desktop prospect...get in.
How will this benefit you?
1. Find high fee clients already looking for what you offer.
2. Learn how to blow past perceived competition....most folks are looking for the "low hanging fruit" stop doing that.
3. What do you say that gets them to choose you are at least gets them to respond so that you can get to know, like and trust each other...fast?
4. What if you never had to go to another networking event again? Let's me show you how I do it.
5. Why do you have to apply to their job? How do you reverse the application process so that they apply to work with you?
6. How can you come in as the highest "bidder" and still win, even when there are folks willing to do more for less?
7. What is the easiest way to position yourself as the one and only person that can help them solve their problem? I'll show you.
8. How can you tell a serious prospect from someone not to waste your time with? We'll go over that.
There is definitely more to come, but for those that want to get all this training at the lowest possible price I'll ever charge...your window is closing.
What do you think, ?
Here's the cliff notes version, and then there is a download to a more in depth explanation...NO OPT IN>> Just download and Enjoy.
1. Trying to be the lowest priced expert
2. Blending in with the rest of the bunch
3. Trying to close just once, and that's it
4. Relying on "The 1" way to get clients
5. Focusing on 1-to-1 Face to face marketing, only
6. Not making enough $hit happen...not throwing enough grenades
7. Generalizing your offer...making it for "everybody"
8. Talking about yourself, your achievements...hint: they don't care...not that much...they just want to be sure you're at least qualified.
9. Being too comparable...think the pink bunny from...What's that company? ;)
10. Giving way too many choices, options and solutions...hint: they just want one.
That's the gist...I'm sure there are more but these are the most common pitfalls every freelancer has been guilty of.
If you want to read more in depth...click the link.
What did you think?
Oh, by the way, I'm going to host event about this stuff soon.
Deets are in the download so I don't come off as a Spam Ham.
- Hawaii Pacific UniversityEntrepreneurial Studies, 1997 - 2001
- Guerrilla Marketing & Local Guerrilla Marketing Expert at Focused Life MarketingEntrepreneur | Owner | Customized Marketing Designer, present
- Axiom Auto Group
- Frontier Infiniti
- Serramonte Ford
- Burlingame Saab
- Bubba Gumps
10 Things To Stop Doing – Freelance Guerrilla Marketing |
Free guerrilla marketing report reveals 10 things you MUST stop doing if you want to start landing big fat pay day clients.
How I Launched a Half Million Dollar Business in Just One Day
Hello, Thank you for downloading my free report on how to succeed online by selling tangible products. This report is not to be published on
How To Start A Cult: A Guide To Launching Your Business Into Overdrive —...
Disclaimer: This post might offend you. But you are going to walk away armed with knowledge that less than 2% of the population can claim. A
From Dan Kennedy: on the tyranny of over-reaction | Small Business Marke...
Learn small business marketing techniques from the best in the industry! Strategies for entrepreneurs seeking fast and dramatic growth, grea
How to Become a Highly Paid Coach, Consultant or Freelancer (The Secrets...
If you offer coaching, consulting or freelance services - you MUST watch this new video revealing the 4-steps to bigger fees and close to 10
The Dark Side: Inside a Lifestyle Business (Part I)
If you dream of running your own lifestyle business, be sure to read this eye-opening new series first.
10 Websites That Will Pay You $100 For Your Efforts, Quick! This Should ...
Speak Freely. Write Your World.
How I Made Almost $12,000 In Sales ONLINE In About 90 Minutes - News - B...
Speak Freely. Write Your World.
How To Grow Your Business By Ethically Stealing Your Ideal Best Prospect...
Speak Freely. Write Your World.
How To Get A Job Fast, Like By Next Week Fast! - News - Bubblews
Speak Freely. Write Your World.
Testimonials and Case Study Videos for Prolific Persistence
Watch real life testimonials and case studies of clients we've worked with that have been able to see how simple creative corollary thinking
Your Copywriting Jobs Site @ GetCopywritingJobs.com
Free Copywriting job postings and career opportunities. Start your Copywriting jobs search today.