- Civil Innovation LabFounder, 2013 - present
- BibliotecasVirtuales.comFounder, 1998 - present
- CIVILA.comFounder, 1996 - present
- Educar.orgFounder, 1998 - present
- Relief 2.0Global Coordinator, 2010 - present
- National University of SingaporeSocial Entrepreneur in Residence, 2010 - 2011
- Procuraduría General de la RepúblicaInnovation and Technology Consultant, 2013 - presentResponsible for redesign of public oriented processes and internal administrative systems, reducing completion times of tasks from over 2 hours to minutes. Launching an Legal, Judicial and Crime Fighting innovation strategy.
- 9-1-1IT Expert, 2015 - 2016Part of expert team tasked with design of IT specs for regional 9-1-1 service, from networks and cabling, to data center, access control and surveillance.
- TEDxSantoDomingoCo-Host, 2009 - presentHosting and curating TEDxSantoDomingo many events.
- TEDxPortauPrinceCo-host, 2011 - 2014Organizing and hosting multiple TEDxPortauPrince events.
- TEDxKRPOrganizer, 2011 - 2011Organizing TEDxKRP at National University of Singapore (at Kent Ridge Park)
- TEDxEarthquake9.0Co-Host, 2011 - 2011Organizing multi-sector TEDx events after Japan's earthquake.
Social Entrepreneur and Information and Communication Technologies for Human Development professional with over 15 years of field experience on Information Society, Human Development, Innovation, Education, Government, Open Knowledge, Social Networks, Entrepreneurship, Ecology and Disaster Relief and Recovery in Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.Founder of Multiple Social Start-Ups
- Civil Innovation Lab, running the last mile in social innovation to deliver social and civil impact from technology. (2013)
- Relief 2.0, disaster response and recovery initiative with inclusion, dignity and generation of wealth and opportunities in Haiti and Japan. (2010)
- Markets of Hope (in development), a global marketplace of local products from areas affected by disaster or economically challenged. (2013)
- Educar.org, educational portal and community of 2 million teachers and students. (1998)
- BibliotecasVirtuales.com, e-library and community of 1 million literature fans. (1998)
- CIVILA.com, Virtual Latin Cities, early social network with over 3 million active people. (1996)
Acknowledgments and Highlights
- Named at Forbes as an "established (latino) leader" in Silicon Valley. (2013, go.socinfo.com/forbes)
- Six Emerging Leaders Scholars and Entrepreneurs, New Media Consortium at MIT. (2012, go.relief20.com/mit-video)
- Guest on-board Educator, Peace Boat. (2011, go.relief20.com/peaceboat)
- Social Entrepreneur in Residence, National University of Singapore (2010-11).
- Public ICT Researcher, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and Caribbean (2006, go.socinfo.com/eclac)
- Digital Vision Fellow, Stanford University (2004-05).
- Awarded the Google Developing World Scholarship (2004).
- "20 Latin American Leaders of the Internet" (CNN, 2000). (go.socinfo.com/cnn20)
TEDx Global Community
- An active member of the TEDx community since 2009.
- Helped organize the TEDxEarthquake9.0 (Japan), TEDxKRP (Singapore), TEDxPortauPrince (Haití) and TEDxSantoDomingo (Dominican Republic) conferences.
- Guest speaker at TEDxTokyo (youtu.be/f0_cGEDA4Rk, Japan), TEDxSilkRoad (youtu.be/Pmd7TGjXG7k, Turkey) and TEDxUChicago (youtu.be/ytnCBpMJB_Q, USA).
- TEDGlobal 2012 TEDx Gates Scholarship Recipient. (petit.tedxportauprince.com/tedglobal)
- Attended TEDxSummit in Doha, Qatar and TEDGlobal 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland on 2012.
- Stanford University
- Horizon Chase - World Tour
- Assassin's Creed Pirates
Pixar Vets Reinvent Speech Recognition So It Works for Kids | WIRED
Oren Jacob and his daughter Tobey had just finished Skyping with some family members when his daughter, then 7-years-old, picked up Jacob’s
DipJar Raises Funding For A Tip Jar Where You Pay With Plastic, Not Spar...
The move to a more "cashless" society has not been without its victims - namely, those whose incomes relied on the spare change and small do
How to win the Artificial Intelligence XPrize at TED | SocInfo
I think that it would actually not be "too hard" to win the prize. Here's how: Have the Artificial Intelligence make a presentation that hig
Launching the Civil Innovation Lab Book Club | Civil Innovation Lab
Starting this week we will be coordinating shared readings, comments, reviews, ideas, etc. on interesting books that inspire us and show the
Nigeria Peace Building Map upgrade (just in time for the holidays!), lin...
Peace. Yes! Embrace it.
TeamViewer – Access your computer remotely and share your desktop with f...
Remote Control any computer within seconds as if you were sitting right in front of it and host online meetings and presentations easily ove
Ilusión Optica de Craik–O'Brien–Cornsweet: Ambos cuadros son del mismo c...
El cuadro superior y el inferior son del mismo color! Coloca tu dedo en forma horizontal cubriendo el espacio entre el cuadro gris de arriba
International Workshop on Behavior Design: Innovation, Business and Soci...
An intense and intimate hands-on, action based workshop on product, service and process design with the most advanced methodologies develope
Community Workshop for Social Resilience in Jimaní | Civil Innovation Lab
An engaging morning of hands-on strategy definition, experimentation and validation to produce mutually beneficial relationships for stakeho
ZEN PENCILS - 128. BILL WATTERSON: A cartoonist’s advice
Bill Watterson is the artist and creator of (in my humble opinion) the greatest comic strip of all time, Calvin and Hobbes. I was a bit too
LOOK: 21 Reasons A Dog Is The Best Investment You Will Ever Make
Are you tired of being let down by life?
The Humble Bundle for Android #3: Pay what you want for nine epic games ...
Pay whatever you want to get Anomaly: Warzone Earth, BIT.TRIP BEAT, EDGE, Fieldrunners, Osmos, Uplink, SpaceChem, Spirits, World of Goo, and
OpenSignalMaps - Crowdsourced Coverage Maps - About Us
Download our Signal Radar iPhone app to see nearby towers and signal information.
FabLab aims to boost Maine manufacturing | Mainebiz.biz
Sarah Boisvert wants to stem the tide of young people leaving Maine to find work by transplanting a concept from the Massachusetts Institute