- Civil Innovation LabFounder, 2013 - present
- BibliotecasVirtuales.comFounder, 1998 - present
- CIVILA.comFounder, 1996 - present
- Educar.orgFounder, 1998 - present
- Relief 2.0Global Coordinator, 2010 - present
- National University of SingaporeSocial Entrepreneur in Residence, 2010 - 2011
Social Entrepreneur and Information and Communication Technologies for Human Development professional with over 15 years of field experience on Information Society, Human Development, Innovation, Education, Government, Open Knowledge, Social Networks, Entrepreneurship, Ecology and Disaster Relief and Recovery in Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.Founder of Multiple Social Start-Ups
- Civil Innovation Lab, running the last mile in social innovation to deliver social and civil impact from technology. (2013)
- Relief 2.0, disaster response and recovery initiative with inclusion, dignity and generation of wealth and opportunities in Haiti and Japan. (2010)
- Markets of Hope (in development), a global marketplace of local products from areas affected by disaster or economically challenged. (2013)
- Educar.org, educational portal and community of 2 million teachers and students. (1998)
- BibliotecasVirtuales.com, e-library and community of 1 million literature fans. (1998)
- CIVILA.com, Virtual Latin Cities, early social network with over 3 million active people. (1996)
Acknowledgments and Highlights
- Named at Forbes as an "established (latino) leader" in Silicon Valley. (2013, go.socinfo.com/forbes)
- Six Emerging Leaders Scholars and Entrepreneurs, New Media Consortium at MIT. (2012, go.relief20.com/mit-video)
- Guest on-board Educator, Peace Boat. (2011, go.relief20.com/peaceboat)
- Social Entrepreneur in Residence, National University of Singapore (2010-11).
- Public ICT Researcher, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and Caribbean (2006, go.socinfo.com/eclac)
- Digital Vision Fellow, Stanford University (2004-05).
- Awarded the Google Developing World Scholarship (2004).
- "20 Latin American Leaders of the Internet" (CNN, 2000). (go.socinfo.com/cnn20)
TEDx Global Community
- An active member of the TEDx community since 2009.
- Helped organize the TEDxEarthquake9.0 (Japan), TEDxKRP (Singapore), TEDxPortauPrince (Haití) and TEDxSantoDomingo (Dominican Republic) conferences.
- Guest speaker at TEDxTokyo (youtu.be/f0_cGEDA4Rk, Japan), TEDxSilkRoad (youtu.be/Pmd7TGjXG7k, Turkey) and TEDxUChicago (youtu.be/ytnCBpMJB_Q, USA).
- TEDGlobal 2012 TEDx Gates Scholarship Recipient. (petit.tedxportauprince.com/tedglobal)
- Attended TEDxSummit in Doha, Qatar and TEDGlobal 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland on 2012.
- Stanford University
There's a housing crisis going on around the globe. Populations are on the rise and city centers just can't meet the ever-growing demand. By 2050, the United Nations projects that there will be 9.2 billion humans on Earth. We're gonna need to house those 2.2 billion new residents, and an industrial engineering professor from USC thinks he's figured out how.
Professor Behrokh Khoshnevis has come up with a 3D printer concept so massive that it can print an entire 2,500 square foot home, and it can do it in just 24 hours. The printer consists of two crane-like arms and a crossbeam which houses the printhead. By printing super quick drying cement, professor Khoshnevis believes the printer would be capable of completing a two-story building in just under a day.
This is not to say that the concept 3D printer would be capable of completing a home all on its own. Construction workers would be needed to prep the space where the 3D printer would sit and they'd still need to lay down the foundation. Window head jambs and a metal ceiling between the floors would have to be laid either by hand or by cranes, and construction crews would be needed to finish the project.
Image Credit: Contour Crafting
please see the video at this link...
Nigeria Peace Building Map upgrade (just in time for the holidays!), lin...
Peace. Yes! Embrace it.
TeamViewer – Access your computer remotely and share your desktop with f...
Remote Control any computer within seconds as if you were sitting right in front of it and host online meetings and presentations easily ove
Ilusión Optica de Craik–O'Brien–Cornsweet: Ambos cuadros son del mismo c...
El cuadro superior y el inferior son del mismo color! Coloca tu dedo en forma horizontal cubriendo el espacio entre el cuadro gris de arriba
International Workshop on Behavior Design: Innovation, Business and Soci...
An intense and intimate hands-on, action based workshop on product, service and process design with the most advanced methodologies develope
Community Workshop for Social Resilience in Jimaní | Civil Innovation Lab
An engaging morning of hands-on strategy definition, experimentation and validation to produce mutually beneficial relationships for stakeho
ZEN PENCILS - 128. BILL WATTERSON: A cartoonist’s advice
Bill Watterson is the artist and creator of (in my humble opinion) the greatest comic strip of all time, Calvin and Hobbes. I was a bit too
LOOK: 21 Reasons A Dog Is The Best Investment You Will Ever Make
Are you tired of being let down by life?
The Humble Bundle for Android #3: Pay what you want for nine epic games ...
Pay whatever you want to get Anomaly: Warzone Earth, BIT.TRIP BEAT, EDGE, Fieldrunners, Osmos, Uplink, SpaceChem, Spirits, World of Goo, and
OpenSignalMaps - Crowdsourced Coverage Maps - About Us
Download our Signal Radar iPhone app to see nearby towers and signal information.
FabLab aims to boost Maine manufacturing | Mainebiz.biz
Sarah Boisvert wants to stem the tide of young people leaving Maine to find work by transplanting a concept from the Massachusetts Institute
Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phon...
Find top mobile games for your phone at Gameloft. Preview and download games on-line: Java games, iPhone games, iPad games, Android games, a
Hero Challenge: A gamified social problem solving framework simulation |...
Hero Challenge is a gamified framework for the formulation of collaborative and competive solutions to social challenges. Its engaging game
Emprendimiento Social: El Poder del Lucro para el Bien Social | SocInfo
Main menu. ICT4Dev · Social Impact from Technnology · Mapping the Knowledge Society · Relief 2.0 · The Relief 2.0 Approach · The Haiti exper
@CarlosMiranda Thanks ever so much for the cookies and coffee! They're l...
@CarlosMiranda Thanks ever so much for the cookies and coffee! They're lovely ;-). Tweet. media options. rotate. all sizes. comments. Th