- Stanford University
Social Entrepreneur and Information and Communication Technologies for Human Development professional with over 15 years of field experience on Information Society, Human Development, Innovation, Education, Government, Open Knowledge, Social Networks, Entrepreneurship, Ecology and Disaster Relief and Recovery in Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.Founder of Multiple Social Start-Ups
- Civil Innovation Lab, running the last mile in social innovation to deliver social and civil impact from technology. (2013)
- Relief 2.0, disaster response and recovery initiative with inclusion, dignity and generation of wealth and opportunities in Haiti and Japan. (2010)
- Markets of Hope (in development), a global marketplace of local products from areas affected by disaster or economically challenged. (2013)
- Educar.org, educational portal and community of 2 million teachers and students. (1998)
- BibliotecasVirtuales.com, e-library and community of 1 million literature fans. (1998)
- CIVILA.com, Virtual Latin Cities, early social network with over 3 million active people. (1996)
Acknowledgments and Highlights
- Named at Forbes as an "established (latino) leader" in Silicon Valley. (2013, go.socinfo.com/forbes)
- Six Emerging Leaders Scholars and Entrepreneurs, New Media Consortium at MIT. (2012, go.relief20.com/mit-video)
- Guest on-board Educator, Peace Boat. (2011, go.relief20.com/peaceboat)
- Social Entrepreneur in Residence, National University of Singapore (2010-11).
- Public ICT Researcher, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and Caribbean (2006, go.socinfo.com/eclac)
- Digital Vision Fellow, Stanford University (2004-05).
- Awarded the Google Developing World Scholarship (2004).
- "20 Latin American Leaders of the Internet" (CNN, 2000). (go.socinfo.com/cnn20)
TEDx Global Community
- An active member of the TEDx community since 2009.
- Helped organize the TEDxEarthquake9.0 (Japan), TEDxKRP (Singapore), TEDxPortauPrince (Haití) and TEDxSantoDomingo (Dominican Republic) conferences.
- Guest speaker at TEDxTokyo (youtu.be/f0_cGEDA4Rk, Japan), TEDxSilkRoad (youtu.be/Pmd7TGjXG7k, Turkey) and TEDxUChicago (youtu.be/ytnCBpMJB_Q, USA).
- TEDGlobal 2012 TEDx Gates Scholarship Recipient. (petit.tedxportauprince.com/tedglobal)
- Attended TEDxSummit in Doha, Qatar and TEDGlobal 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland on 2012.
- Civil Innovation LabFounder, 2013 - present
- BibliotecasVirtuales.comFounder, 1998 - present
- CIVILA.comFounder, 1996 - present
- Educar.orgFounder, 1998 - present
- Relief 2.0Global Coordinator, 2010 - present
- National University of SingaporeSocial Entrepreneur in Residence, 2010 - 2011
Researchers studying the first three seasons of the AMC hit show The Walking Dead found the show and its characters push family as the best hope for the end times, rather than government, science or religion, and this redefinition of the zombie genre can help explain how the show has amassed its 14-million-per-episode fan base.
#TheWalkingDead #WalkingDead #TWD