You cannot understand a person unless you give him a chance.
Maybe I am too openminded... Maybe I am too practical... Maybe I am too crazy...
Cammi @ http://www.cammipham.com/
Had my morning chat with my GBF and we both agreed that diamond ring is the worst investment ever. I don't even wear ring.
Please if you love me, don't give me diamond. Don't be happy to fast. I don't do business without my downpayment. I will accept cash, gold ( i love gold, bar not jewelry), or equity ( with a condition you are a good businessman...but if you are not, I wouldn't marry you anyway).
I wouldn't want to start a partnership with bad financial decisions. That is a bad start. I don't need a ring to show off to the people I don't even care about. I prefer a nice financial statements than a nice ring .
Maybe I should start a blog series - Practicality “Kills” Romance.
Read more : http://www.cammilicious.com/engagement-ring/
PS: Deep down I wish I ran De Beers "Diamond Is Forever" ad campaign. It is just too brilliant.
I said yes if it makes sense. I don't care about his past, if he can get the work done.
“The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future. ” ― Oscar Wilde
I have no problem working with enemies either. I like to expect the worst and assume everyone will stab my back at some point. Low expectation, less disappointment.
Your worst enemies are usually your closest friends. They are your weakness. They are most likely the people who will stab your back. Your enemies are usually the best partners. They understand you better than anyone else.
At the end of the day business is all about MUTUAL BENEFIT. I do whatever makes sense.
cammi @ http://www.cammipham.com/
Photo by Viktor Hanáček
"He is crazy, ignore him."
I didn't listen. I still talk to the guy. 90% of the time, nothing makes sense but 10% of the time, he is a genius. Smart people are often crazy. The craziness allows them to see what we cannot see. If we can look beyond the craziness, we will find incredible things.
I used to love deleting people out of my life. It is just so easy. With a few clicks, I won't have to deal with them. Now I like to challenge myself to learn to see beyond the craziness and search for magic. I learn to stop burning all the bridges and try to connect all the dots. Most of the time, it looks like a piece from Hans Hofmann.
Not everyone get abstract art, and not everyone understand the crazies. They are just normal people who live in a different dimension and see the world in a different way.
We are all crazy in our own way.
cammi @ http://cammipham.com/
Photo: Viktor Hanacek via http://picjumbo.com/
Need to remind myself.
If I don't feel comfortable with someone/something. Usually there is nothing wrong with the person/thing.
I just don't understand it.
Maybe if I can see from their point of view, I will look at the situation differently.
Cammi @ http://www.cammipham.com/
You've seen user-generated content, but what about content-generated-users?
Here at Filemobile, we've been working hard to find the perfect way for you to get the best users out of your content. We use our proprietary bleeding-edge 3D-printing holographic phlebotinum technology to actually make people to sign up for your products!
Want more storm chasers? Upload pictures of tornados!
Want more nerds? Upload complex circuit diagrams!
Want more supermodels? well, use your imagination ;)
CGU from Filemobile! Sign up for the beta now!
#aprilfools #aprilfoolsday #aprilfoolsdaypranks
LOVE this blog post
"don’t ask the candidates about their capabilities, get them to demonstrate them"
I hate resumes. I hates degrees. I don't care if someone has a golden resume or an Ivy League degree. At the end of the day, I am not looking to add a pile of papers to my desk. I don't care about the PAST, I don't care about what someone can do in the future, I only care about what the person can do NOW.
=> Here is an assignment, whoever can get the best result will get the job.
More than half of the people won't do it. They don't want to invest the extra effort for a job. Great they don't want the position enough to do a simple assignment.
Maybe I am too practical...maybe I am too crazy...life is too short to live in a box with a pile of papers
- Blogger, 2011 - presentwww.cammipham.com
- FilemobileCommunity Manager, 2013 - presentFilemobile is a platform for gathering, organizing, and broadcasting social content. Our platform enables you to source content from a variety of places, including your audience's desktop, mobile, and social networks. Some of the world's most reputable brands use Filemobile to boost their content inventory and to reach more people through this content. Filemobile's Media Factory platform has been deployed by such firms as: Gannett, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, Hearst TV, iTV (UK), Network TEN (Aus), CTV, CBC, Tim Hortons, Life is Good, JC Penney, Maxim Magazine, Canadian Geographic, Wind Mobile, Molson Coors, The Weather Network, Kraft, and many more.
- Thumble Inc.Chief Digital Strategist, 2012 - present
- Kwinmedia CorpDigital Strategist, 2011 - presentDigital Marketing & Social Media Agency.We’re passionate about learning every nook and cranny of your business; we truly believe that partnerships are the key to success. Our mission is to first understand your needs and then establish a strategic roadmap for success. | Strategy & Consulting | Community Management | Content & Production | Digital Advertising & Social PR | Social Commerce | Monitoring & Analytics | Email Marketing | Hiring & Training
- Green VietnamFounder, 2007 - 2010
Hi, I’m CamMi Pham ( @cammipham). I am a digital strategist/social media marketing consultant by day, and personal development blogger by night. I am the host of relationship building chat (#RBchat – Tuesday at 9 pm ET) and User Generated Content Marketing Chat (#UGCchat – Thursday at 2 pm ET).
If you want to know more about me, this is my life story.I was born into old money, grew up with the new money, and have no money.
That line pretty much sums up my life.
I was born into a family that used to have everything: fame, power and wealth , but at the wrong time. We had the old money status without the benefit. But if I can go back in time, I wouldn’t change a thing. I am proud being a member of this family, rich or poor. People can take away almost everything my ancestor left. Fame can fade. Power can move from one hand to another. Wealth can be stolen. But they left knowledge and class. They are in our blood, and will always be there.
After US lifted the trade embargo against Vietnam, my parents worked hard to rebuild the legacy. I was very lucky to grew up among the elite. I went to the best school, ate the best food, wore the best clothes. Everybody were nouveau riche because before that nobody had money. At that time I thought life was good. I was wrong.
Like any perfect fairy tale story, it did not last long. My father was falsely accused of a crime he did not commit. It didn’t take long for his business to fall apart. Building a business in Vietnam is like having a beautiful sand castle, it never lasts. Many years later, my father won the law suit but he lost everything. Everyone who used to be friends and family acted like they didn’t even know us.When you have money, your friends know who you are. When you have no money, you know who your friends are.
My mother wanted to go back to the Western world and rebuild our lives. My father wanted to rebuild his legacy where he lost it. Just like a famous Vietnamese legend, my mother took my litter sister and me to the North, Canada where her family lives; my father took $1000 to the South and rebuilt his businesses.
“The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.” ~ Alvin Toffler
And today I am a little princess-turned-pauper who is working hard to build her own legacy with two hands and a brain. I had a very interesting childhood which made me who I am today. I have learned a lot of things then learn to unlearn them. That is life.
From all my experience, I learned 3 lessons
- The old money taught me “Making money is hard but keeping money is harder“ It is important to be financial independent because anything can happen tomorrow. Always live below your mean. Looking rich doesn’t mean you are rich. You can have the money but you may not have the education to manage wealth and maintain stabilities.
- The new money taught me “Life is too short to blend in.” It is easier to play safe and blend in, but great risk comes with great return.
- The no money taught me “We need a balance in life” Nothing is totally right or wrong. If you are not happy when you have no money, you won’t be happy when you have everything. Happiness is found within yourself.
- University of Toronto