Despite Android's greater share of the market, Apple's iOS continues to attract greater support from app developers:
18 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- that will soon change :PJun 8, 2012
- - no, unfortunately not - I just dabble at the moment. I am just one who sees both sides of the coin. I actually use both Android and Apple products, so I see and benefit from both products.
I think Apple's dominance is due to one thing - a single manufacture using a standardized software and hardware platform. This nearly collapsed Apple in the 80's & 90's, but they bounced back.
Android is great and I use it exclusively for my mobile platforms now. It allows users to unlock the true potential of the phones hardware, etc....I do agree "fragmentation" is highly used, but some sort of standardization across the vass cellular/tablet platforms couldn't hurt Android's rise in the technology arena.Jun 8, 2012
- There seem to be more than enough developers working on Android applications these days, so does it matter that more are working on iOS? I can't really think of much that iOS has that I want for on Android...Jun 8, 2012
- I believe the fragmentation issue will diminish eventually.
Until recently, app developers have had to test their applications against popular phones. But, as we have more super hit apps, manufacturers will have to ensure that the popular apps work fine on their new phones since not being able to run (say) Angry Birds on their fancy new phones is the last thing they want.
As a result, there will be mutually agreed specification which both parties can rely to develop on.Jun 8, 2012
- I honestly believe by q2 2013 the percentages on that graph will start to be more like 50 50 and begin a new error of a preferred platform. After analysing a little you can clearly see that android in q1 of 2011 started on a relatively high percentage as developers flocked in to test the android platform but a lot have given up soon after but since then developers are gradually adopting it again. As Android as an operating system begins to improve with and rack up the market share the percentages started to come back up. With the Introduction of ICS it increased quite sharply by 5% and i see more developers adopting the Android platform when Google announces multiple NEXUS phones and tablets this IO. This will be another major step towards mitigating the so called fragmentation that is being coined about In such articles.Jun 8, 2012
- Wait for Motorola and Google to unleash havoc on iOS and Apple Fanboys.Jun 8, 2012