PS4 time? Join CNET for live coverage from Sony's launch event for its next-generation game console at 6pm ET / 3pm PT!
42 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 9 previous comments
- personally im a student and im not really for the used game market. Yes stores like cex in the uk will likely start losing profit, but if you think about it, they've already started to stop consumers using preowned games. Example, some games like uncharted 3 need a online acess code to go on multiplayer and you only get one when you buy the game brand new.Feb 20, 2013
- After 10 games of €59,99 I just have bought a new consoleFeb 20, 2013
- Used games don't put money back into the market, but many of the target audience wouldn't buy very many games without them. Not referring just to the people who don't buy until they're cheap, but the people who are willing to buy initially only b/c they plan to resell them down the line.
also all the arguments against selling used games were already made by the music industry in their protests of used music outlets like The Wherehouse.Feb 20, 2013
- What grills my cheese is that Developers are in a choke hold with Publishers/Licensors and more so the consumers. PEOPLE please at least every now and then give another game a chance! Always buying the mainstream? What the heck! Tales of Xillia for example in the RPG space. Give it a chance!Feb 20, 2013
- I really think that the Ouya and Steam "consoles" could shake the Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft models and be really disruptive.
Sure Android based games on the Ouya will be less polished than the the big console releases but if they keep within a similar price range to games in the Android App store then they'll do great with casual gamers.Feb 20, 2013
- Am I the only one who buys a gaming console to play gaming console games? I not going to buy this monster to play: angry birds, temple run or ruzzle. It is a insultFeb 21, 2013