The Sonos Playbar is official: This sleek sound bar streams all your music for $700
25 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- I am using terms like "Large" because the picture above shows a rather large speaker. Perhaps you haven't looked at the picture at the top of the thread?Feb 12, 2013
- One would assume that if you are interested in telling others that they don't know what they are talking about that you would at least glance at the original post in the thread so that you at least have a good idea what you are talking about...
It seems to be one of those weird trends, where people don't know what the thread they are acting like pedantic morons on are about...Feb 12, 2013
- There's also this trend that I've seen, where "experts" or those with "honest insight" are swayed into defending nonsensical products (tech. superior or not) because the common man doesn't buy in to the blitz. It becomes their goal to elevate their "thought leader" status by siding with a product that has little realistic application (but may contain new technology etc)
Since you're the expert, you're here to tell us why this $700 unit is worth the money, and frankly, you seem to be defending your knowledge of such systems ("I know more than you, so why do you matter". The fact remains that the thing is insane ($700 and enormous), and adds little benefit to the common guy. If you can tell me why me, my neighbor, and my cousin need the thing, be my guest ( )
Sometimes, smart people who know products/technologies are so close to the stuff that they can't see the big picture. Check the formation of "XBOX" as the name for Microsoft's Console. Test consumers spat out "XBOX" faster than any "expert in the consumer-know" could fathom, and there you have it.Feb 12, 2013
- ". If you can tell me why me, my neighbor, and my cousin need the thing, be my guest "
It's ideal for people who don't have the room or budget for a full surround system. A low-priced soundbar is easy to install, takes up less room than a full system, and costs far less than the individual components would for a 5.1-7.1 system. It's very straightforward.Feb 12, 2013
- "I am using terms like "Large" because the picture above shows a rather large speaker. Perhaps you haven't looked at the picture at the top of the thread?"
It's not large compared to a full sound system, which this imitates/replaces. It's also not large compared to just a pair of floorstanding fronts. It's small. You seem stupid. From the article: "Playbar has nine total drivers and uses reflection-based virtual surround to create the illusion of a true surround-sound system, similar to Yamaha's YSP line of sound bars."Feb 12, 2013
- That must be the most ugly soundbar i have ever seen and for 700$? Not a chance.Feb 12, 2013