Louisiana Small Business Development Center
Associate State Director, 2014 - present
Responsible for the design, implementation and review of programs to enhance the delivery of services to Louisiana's entrepreneurs and small businesses by the Louisiana Small Business Development Center Network. The LSBDC, a nationally accredited member of the Association of Small Business Development Centers, is the largest and most accessible source of business assistance for entrepreneurs and small business owners in Louisiana.
• Design and implementation of network polices and procedures for programs used by the service centers in the LSBDC Network
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and university rules governing program
• Prepares and oversees implementation of programs to ensure high-quality services are delivered by service centers
• Assists the State Director in overseeing the application of funds and budgets by the service centers
• Reviews each center's effectiveness as a technical service provider annually
• Prepares operational reports which demonstrate the effectiveness of the program in meeting the goals of the funding partners and the needs of Louisiana's small businesses and entrepreneurs
• Mentors and coaches service center personnel
• Interacts with and provides information to stakeholders
• Develops and implements required programs and policies to maintain the networks accreditations
• Develops and implements professional development programs
• Develops, implements, and monitors activities related to the LSBDC strategic plan
Woodstone Properties LLC
Senior Managing Partner, 2010 - present
Responsible for analyzing deals to make sure they meet the company’s minimum investment criteria, negotiate funding of the deals, and to make sure projects stay on time and on budget.
Woodstone Properties, LLC is a Louisiana based real estate firm that specializes in the acquisition of below market properties in emerging markets in Louisiana and throughout the United States. What makes us unique is our long term relationships that have been cultivated with banks, investors, consultants, advisors, and real estate professionals in various markets.
Bryan L Greenwood & Associates LLC
Sr Managing Partner, 2012 - present
Strategy Consulting, Business Planning, Marketing Planning, and Operational Planning. Assisted clients with increasing revenue, reducing costs and improving cash flow.
Regions Financial Corporation
AVP-Business Banking, 2013 - 2014
Responsible for managing and retaining existing relationships and generating new business in the Community Banking market segment. Assist customers in analyzing problems and propose Regions solutions. Respond promptly to customer issues, questions and concerns. Balances needs of the client/prospect with Bank credit standards and profitability requirements. Ensures the appropriate involvement of business partners to ensure client solutions are complete and value-added. Analyze financial statements. Make financing proposals. Negotiate terms and conditions for loans, leases, etc. Actively cross-sell bank products. Exercise strong credit and pricing skills. Make both credit and pricing recommendations for credits above assigned authority and decisions for credits within assigned authority. Sponsor loan requests through the appropriate credit approval process. Maintain and build account profitability with assigned clients, primarily by providing core banking products and services. Manage administrative tasks, including credit analysis and processing.
Whitney National Bank
AVP-Corporate Banking, 1993 - 1997
Managed a corporate banking portfolio of over $25 million in loans, $6 million in deposits, and over 40 customer relationships. Established marketing plan on existing customers for cross-selling opportunities of new products and services. Analyzed credit information to determine degree of risk associated with various commercial credit relationships.
• Managed $10 million in government-guaranteed loans for approximately 65 customer relationships.
• Performed loan review function on credit relationships greater than $1 million.
• Mentored 3 credit analysis trainees through the various stages of development.
• Assisted with re-engineering of the credit training program to reflect a different focus towards identification of credit risk.
AVP-Branch Sales Manager, 1997 - 1997
Managed this $4.5 million loan, $16.5 deposit branch of a $950 million savings bank. Specialized in small business lending with other key responsibilities similar to Regions Bank position, including overall accountability for 6-person branch staff.
Information Specialist, 1990 - 1992
Prepared information packages on 8 commercial banks with assets totaling $475 Million. Conducted asset valuation reviews on 23 financial institutions with assets totaling $3.9 Billion. Performed credit risk assessments on all loan types to determine collateral deficiencies, underwriting standards and interest rate risk. Participated in the resolution of 18 financial institutions with assets totaling $4.9 Billion. Supervised 10-20 individuals during resolution weekend.
Louisiana District Export Council
Council Member, 2014
District Export Councils (DECs) are groups of international business professionals, appointed by the Secretary of Commerce, who support the mission of the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service (US&FCS) of the Department of Commerce by encouraging and supporting exports in their local communities. Closely affiliated with the Commerce Department’s U.S. Export Assistance Centers, the 59 DECs are made up of approximately 1,400 exporters and export service providers who support the U.S. Government’s export promotion efforts throughout the country. DEC members volunteer their time to participate in numerous trade promotion activities. They also provide specialized expertise to small and medium sized businesses that are interested in exporting.
The Louisiana DEC’s mission is to assist the U.S. Commercial Service/New Orleans U.S. Export Assistance Center (USEAC) in identifying potential exports and acts as mentors for new exporters. LDEC members are some of Louisiana’s most experienced export executives and they stand ready to advise Louisiana companies on export issues and international market development.
Campus Federal Credit Union
Associate Board Member, 2011 - 2013
Associate Board of Director for a $480 Million federally chartered credit union. Formed in 1934 by seven employees of Louisiana State University, Campus Federal now serves over 48,160 individuals and business members. www.CampusFederal.org
LSBDC Technology Center at LSU
Center Director, 2009 - 2013
Managed a nationally accredited statewide specialized Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in the areas of innovation, technology transfer and commercialization assistance. Cultivated working relationships and open communications with financial and investment communities, legal associations, local and regional private consultants, as well as local and regional small business groups/associations to help address the various needs of the small business community. Managed and trained 3 staff consultants and 9 MBA student consultants.
• Directed a $233,000 operating budget, and prepared quarterly financial and technical reports.
• Provided one-on-one management consulting to small businesses seeking capital.
• Conducted small business training workshops, seminars and specialized training events.
• Led Center’s Network Financial Model and Cash Flow Development task force.
• Assisted with development and refinement of the Network Client Management System.
• Performed community and economic development outreach, public speaking, and classroom lectures.
Assistant Director, 1999 - 2012
Provided one-on-one management assistance and consulting to Center’s incubator tenants and LSU SBDC clients. Annual involvement encompassed 30 incubator tenants and 400 entrepreneurs and businesses in the areas of business planning, strategic decision-making, financial analysis and modeling, business process analysis, marketing development, and commercialization assistance.
• Directed Center’s $1 million operating budget, financial reporting, and all accounting-related issues along with the budget activities and fund monitoring of all programs.
• Planned and implemented policies, objectives, and activities to ensure continuing operations, maximize return on investments, and increase productivity
Louisiana State University
Adjunct Instructor, 2008 - 2009
Instructor for two entrepreneurship courses, MGT 2000 - Innovation and Creativity and MGT 3111 - Entrepreneurship.
MGT 2000 Innovation and Creativity - Course focuses on the role of creativity and innovation in product, service, or idea generation that may eventually lead to business formation and commercialization; barriers to creativity and innovation; alternative problem-solving approaches.
MGT 3111 Entrepreneurship - Principles of entrepreneurship; feasibility studies; financial and location analysis; marketing; promotion; management; venture capitalism; legal considerations.