Not anymore with the recent changes they have made to the platform lately. Collections are a reality new feature that allows you to create collections of content. Not much unlike Scoop It with their curating feature. As In:
But this feature may turn out to be more useful for social marketing than any of the ones before.
Some of the sites on this list is questionable as to whether they are really failures.
There is no shortage of Learning Apps in today’s connected world. These range from full fledged web applications such as Blackboard or Angel that many schools use for their learning management platforms to small mobile learning applications that you can find on iTunes or the Google Play store. The image to the left shows a small number of the android learning apps available in Google Play there are hundreds of other educational apps available. The iTunes app store has a similar list of learning apps.
The iPad is probably one of the best tools for teaching to come along in a long time. When you connect it to your Office 365 account, then you can really improve your productivity. You can create documents on the bus ride home and then share them with everyone in your class with the click of a couple of buttons.
Enhancing college vision through technology
Let’s face it Technology is an expensive part of any college budget. The question arises again and again, are we really getting our value out of our investment? Where is the return on investment for that Virtual Desktop project? After all college presidents are constantly wondering how they can manage their budget and you can’t do anything in technology for under a 100 grand. When budgets shrink, enrollment falls, or grants run out. Any one of many reasons that a educational institution may find themselves facing a budget shortfall.
Technology has allowed so much growth with how education is delivered in the past few years. We can now reach a greater audience than we ever could before with the upward trend of more and more individuals participating in social media.
Technology will now allow us to take the classroom to the students where ever they are.
#edtech #VDI #virtualdesktopsineducation
Google forms are a great learning app, that you can use in your classes and the best thing is they are free. It does have a small learning curve and may not be apparent how to utilize it. So lets take a look at how we can use google forms to let student introduce themselves. This is fairly easy to get up and running.
#googleforms #googleapps #edtech
- Albany Technical CollegeDirector of Information Technology, 2012 - presentWorking on making it the best it can be and provide technology effectively.
- Academia AppsEnvisioner, 2013 - presentWebsite dedicated to exploring methods of integrating technology in the classroom, specifically media technology. The site lives at http://www.academiaapps.com and yes I do post my own stuff in communities. You can't build links so how else will I get you to read it. By the way we do take guest bloggers. This is a brand new site and its going to follow all the rules. Posts must be original( curation is alright as long as its done right) Posts should be done to the tone of providing instruction, illustration, to the reader of the site. Who are other educators wanting to enhance their use of technology in the classroom. This site is fairly new so you have a chance to help mold its direction. We do reserve the right to edit any grammatical errors. Send me a message if you are interested in providing content on the role of social media in the classroom or even how to do it( those are better)
- Albany State UniversitySecurity, 2010 - 2012Watched the students, well I tried they where doing all sorts of stuff. And of course I never got any of the money I asked for.
- StompernetCTO, 2009 - 2010Worst job of my life. Those so called education companies out there who are already educating people do a horrible job. Real Educators need to start offering their services using many of the same technologies and put out good information.
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeDirector Information Technology, 2004 - 2009Build a cool data center, incorporated efficiency into the processes. Help double the enrollment in the school. Saw the power of a virtual environment in providing enhanced education opportunities at a economical price.
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeWebmaster, 2002 - 2004Tapped code all day, Embraced ASP.Net, Built web applications to enhance the college experience for students, faculty, and staff
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeNetwork Admin, 2000 - 2002Kept the servers and network running. The boss kept breaking it so I had to go behind him and fix it. Turns out I wound up fixing all of his screw ups. you don't manage technology departments through intimidation. You manage IT departments by realizing the guys and girls who run around and fix your computers have good ideas too. They are the ones seeing the problems in your school and if you allow them they will help you to fix it. Management are not the only ones who innovate in the right IT Shop.
- John Wiley & SonsAuthor, 2004 - 2006Co-Author Two DotNetNuke Books.Professional DotNetNuke 4: Open Source Web Application Framework for ASP.NET 2.0 and Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals
- Keller School of ManagementMSIS, 2006 - 2007Courses in management of technology and human behavior
- DeVry UniversityBSCIS, 2003 - 2006Learned how to insert/update/ and delete in 7 different languages. If it wasn't a programming class is was a management class. Yes World History is an management class at DeVry
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeAAT, 1996 - 2000Stayed around here for a while and learned a few things. could not decide what I wanted to do and of course I had to cut down or skip Spring Semester so it did not interfere with my golf. Hey I was going back after working in trades for years. Could not decide if if I wanted to be an electronic engineer or puter nerd. I made all A's in both until I finally decided on the puter nerd track
Does Google Get Ranking Signals from Facebook & Twitter? Matt Cutts ...
To what extent do signals from social sites such as Facebook & Twitter have an effect on Google search rankings?
Thin provisioned disks and VMFS fragmentation, do I really need to worry...
I've seen this myth floating around from time to time and as I never publicly wrote about it I figured it was time to write an article to de
CircleCount.com ─ Google+ Statistics - Get your CircleRank and see the m...
Find out your CircleRank for Google+ or who is the top followed person on Google+. It's just for fun, but more interesting than anything els
Interstellar wind buffeting solar system changes direction after 40 year...
The results are based on data covering four decades from 11 different spacecraft.
Social Media Promotion for Educators - Academia Apps
Any Social Media plan and strategy will need some form of social media promotion. This is rather you are promoting your social media profile
LIST My Social Media - Social Media Tips, News & Videos - in List Fo...
Social Media Blog. Social Media Lists. Social Media and Marketing. Social Media Strategies. How to use social media. What is social media? S