You can check it out at https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/v2/getting-started
Just grab an API key, copy & paste the code samples (or use the command line, if you're into that), and maybe even get started on creating a physical speed meter for your homepage ( http://www.jacobquatier.com/posts/2014/12/01/the-meter/ ) as a weekend project. If you have a bunch of clients that you're watching out for, it won't take much to track their important pages like this automatically.
#seo #googleplus #leadgeneration #contentmarketing #socialmedia #rankingfactors #serp #marketing
If you run a website and care at all about your traffic sources, then you have installed Google Webmaster Tools on your domain.
Also if you have not been living under a rock and ignore emails from Google, then you know they are serious about your site being mobile friendly.
If you haven't made your site mobile friendly by now, you may want to get on it or don't come crying with you take a hit on the next update. They have told you.
This image, from ESO’s Very Large Telescope (VLT), shows a truly remarkable galaxy known as NGC 3621. To begin with, it is a pure-disc galaxy. Like other spirals, it has a flat disc permeated by dark lanes of material and with prominent spiral arms where young stars are forming in clusters (the blue dots seen in the image). But while most spiral galaxies have a central bulge — a large group of old stars packed in a compact, spheroidal region — NGC 3621 doesn’t.
NGC 3621 is also interesting as it is believed to have an active supermassive black hole at its center that is engulfing matter and producing radiation. This is somewhat unusual because most of these so-called active galactic nuclei exist in galaxies with prominent bulges. In this particular case, the supermassive black hole is thought to have a relatively small mass, of around 20,000 times that of the Sun.
Another interesting feature is that there are also thought to be two smaller black holes, with masses of a few thousand times that of the Sun, near the nucleus of the galaxy. Therefore, NGC 3621 is an extremely interesting object which, despite not having a central bulge, has a system of three black holes in its central region.
This galaxy is located in the constellation of Hydra (The Sea Snake) and can be seen with a moderate-sized telescope. This image, taken using B, V, and I filters with the FORS1 instrument on the powerful VLT, shows striking detail in this odd object and also reveals a multitude of background galaxies. A number of bright foreground stars that belong to our own Milky Way are also visible.
Credit: European Southern Observatory (ESO)
#ESO #Space #Astronomy #Galaxy #Spiral #NGC3621 #BlackHole #Hydra #Stars #Cosmos #Universe #VLT #Telescope #Chile
- Keller School of ManagementMSIS, 2006 - 2007Courses in management of technology and human behavior
- DeVry UniversityBSCIS, 2003 - 2006Learned how to insert/update/ and delete in 7 different languages. If it wasn't a programming class is was a management class. Yes World History is an management class at DeVry
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeAAT, 1996 - 2000Stayed around here for a while and learned a few things. could not decide what I wanted to do and of course I had to cut down or skip Spring Semester so it did not interfere with my golf. Hey I was going back after working in trades for years. Could not decide if if I wanted to be an electronic engineer or puter nerd. I made all A's in both until I finally decided on the puter nerd track
- Albany Technical CollegeDirector of Information Technology, 2012 - presentWorking on making it the best it can be and provide technology effectively.
- Academia AppsEnvisioner, 2013 - presentWebsite dedicated to exploring methods of integrating technology in the classroom, specifically media technology. The site lives at http://www.academiaapps.com and yes I do post my own stuff in communities. You can't build links so how else will I get you to read it. By the way we do take guest bloggers. This is a brand new site and its going to follow all the rules. Posts must be original( curation is alright as long as its done right) Posts should be done to the tone of providing instruction, illustration, to the reader of the site. Who are other educators wanting to enhance their use of technology in the classroom. This site is fairly new so you have a chance to help mold its direction. We do reserve the right to edit any grammatical errors. Send me a message if you are interested in providing content on the role of social media in the classroom or even how to do it( those are better)
- Albany State UniversitySecurity, 2010 - 2012Watched the students, well I tried they where doing all sorts of stuff. And of course I never got any of the money I asked for.
- StompernetCTO, 2009 - 2010Worst job of my life. Those so called education companies out there who are already educating people do a horrible job. Real Educators need to start offering their services using many of the same technologies and put out good information.
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeDirector Information Technology, 2004 - 2009Build a cool data center, incorporated efficiency into the processes. Help double the enrollment in the school. Saw the power of a virtual environment in providing enhanced education opportunities at a economical price.
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeWebmaster, 2002 - 2004Tapped code all day, Embraced ASP.Net, Built web applications to enhance the college experience for students, faculty, and staff
- Chattahoochee Technical CollegeNetwork Admin, 2000 - 2002Kept the servers and network running. The boss kept breaking it so I had to go behind him and fix it. Turns out I wound up fixing all of his screw ups. you don't manage technology departments through intimidation. You manage IT departments by realizing the guys and girls who run around and fix your computers have good ideas too. They are the ones seeing the problems in your school and if you allow them they will help you to fix it. Management are not the only ones who innovate in the right IT Shop.
- John Wiley & SonsAuthor, 2004 - 2006Co-Author Two DotNetNuke Books.Professional DotNetNuke 4: Open Source Web Application Framework for ASP.NET 2.0 and Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals
Does Google Get Ranking Signals from Facebook & Twitter? Matt Cutts ...
To what extent do signals from social sites such as Facebook & Twitter have an effect on Google search rankings?
Thin provisioned disks and VMFS fragmentation, do I really need to worry...
I've seen this myth floating around from time to time and as I never publicly wrote about it I figured it was time to write an article to de
CircleCount.com ─ Google+ Statistics - Get your CircleRank and see the m...
Find out your CircleRank for Google+ or who is the top followed person on Google+. It's just for fun, but more interesting than anything els
Interstellar wind buffeting solar system changes direction after 40 year...
The results are based on data covering four decades from 11 different spacecraft.
Social Media Promotion for Educators - Academia Apps
Any Social Media plan and strategy will need some form of social media promotion. This is rather you are promoting your social media profile
LIST My Social Media - Social Media Tips, News & Videos - in List Fo...
Social Media Blog. Social Media Lists. Social Media and Marketing. Social Media Strategies. How to use social media. What is social media? S