#Tabloid #Clickbait #ContentMarketing
#Tabloid #Clickbait #ContentMarketing
#Caturday #Cats #BlendingInToYourSurroundings
What justification was there for these officers to even draw their weapons, no less fire? The video makes it look like they carefully stalked their prey, rather than offering assistance to a stranded motorist. Is failure to obey the police, offering non-violent resistance, even evading arrest, now punishable by summary execution without even an attempt to subdue or bring to trial? Who are these roving death squads and how did we get here ? After shooting Mr. Crutcher they backed away carefully and left him to die like an enemy combatant rather than rendering immediate, perhaps potentially life-saving first responder medical aid. Even if this was a case of "suicide by cop" what right did they have to grant his death wish? The officer who fired the fatal shot is being charged with "Manslaughter", looks more like she committed cold blooded Murder to me.
#TerenceCrutcher #TulsaPolice #DeathSquads
#CRFG #MasterGardeners #GardenoftheSevenSisters
- Bruce N. GorenFreelance, 2007 - present
- WMT-TV, Cedar Rapids IowaPRODUCTION ASSISTANT/OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN, 1980 - 1980After learning Telecine, VTR operations, and color camera registration I moved on to become responsible for the electronic graphics and animation for the evening newscasts and special events. Also, I occasionally ran audio for taped productions.
- WQAD-TV, Moline IllinoisBroadcast Operations Engineer, 1980 - 1981On master control I operated the transmitter by computer assisted remote control, aired scheduled materials, switched between video sources, and initiated quality control adjustment and interpretation of the broadcast television signal. With the financial support of the station I completed a 90 hour certificate in Broadcast Electronics at Scott Community College in Bettendorf, Iowa, and at the encouragement of the department, went on to acquire my F.C.C. First Class License.
- CNN, Atlanta GeorgiaMaster Control Engineer, 1981 - 1982At CNN network operations I was instrumental in implementing quality control for incoming tapes and live satellite remotes. I also trained new employees as the engineering department expanded its responsibilities into tape operations. The duties of master control engineers include camera shading as well as on-air switching, router and machine delegation, quality control and light maintenance. Engineers keep the daily log and discrepancy report. Additionally, we evaluated and dubbed commercial matter for system playback.
- WSB-TV, Atlanta GeorgiaTV Engineer, 1982 - 1984At WSB-TV my duties were on-air control operations. I switched NET/LOCAL transitions and cut-ins, rolled shows and breaks, operated the transmitter, kept the logs, and prepared quality control reports. During the late night local news cut-ins I doubled as Air-Control/Technical Director.
- VideoStar Connections, Atlanta GeorgiaASSISTANT UPLINK ENGINEER, 1984 - 1984With VideoStar I freelanced with west coast satellite uplink operations. Duties included set-up and strike-down of the dish and mobile technical operations center, monitoring broadcast signal quality and interfacing with the client and vendor utilizing both C, and Ku band gear.
- Cable Music Channel / The Post Group, Hollywood CaliforniaON-AIR SUPERVISOR POST GROUP BROADCAST CENTER, 1984 - 1985Responsible for the "day-to-day" on-air technical operation of the CABLE MUSIC CHANNEL. Brought on-board to create and implement operational procedures and supporting documentation. Conducted interviews, trained and supervised on-air operators. Worked with software contractors during ongoing systems development. Wrote the operations manual, designed forms, and developed database using IBM PC. Worked in tandem with the Supervising Production Coordinator. Interfaced with Cable Music Channel Traffic, Production Group Stage, Post Group Engineering and Personnel. Reported directly to the Senior Vice President, Post Group. After Turner Broadcasting ceased operations of CMC, I returned to KLCS.
- KLCS-TV, Los Angeles CaliforniaTELEVISION ENGINEER, 1984 - 1995At KLCS-TV I rotated between several staff duty positions including field camera, A/B roll videotape editing , and live studio technical directing. I also operated Chyron and electronic graphics, master control, studio camera, video control, and audio. Frequent remote assignments, a daily live studio presentation, as well as extensive in-house instructional program production made KLCS a busy facility. Over the years, I personally trained dozens of young professionals who have gone on to successful production and engineering careers at TV stations and Post facilities throughout Southern California.
- TV Technology MagazineComputer Graphics Columnist, 1992 - 1995From my computer animation studio in Val Verde I wrote about using computers in production and post-production for TV Technology. As the west coast news correspondent for TV Technology I traveled to trade shows and user sites to report on new developments and practical applications. As a technology analyst, I reviewed and tested new hardware and software provided to me on loan by major manufacturers. http://www.brucegoren.com/Published.html
- CSI Digital, Los Angeles CaliforniaAPPLICATIONS ENGINEER, 1995 - 1996My responsibilities at CSI Digital included configuring, demonstrating, installation, and support of Silicon Graphics workstations running high end solutions such as Discreet Logic FLINT and Alias|wavefront PowerAnimator. Pre-sales, I accompanied account executives as a demo artist and technical resource in the field. During the sales cycle I performed technical reviews of system quotations. Post sales I was the customer's first line of tech support and training after completing turnkey installation.
- The Museum of Television and Radio, Beverly Hills CaliforniaTECHNICAL MANAGER, 1996 - 1997During the construction phase I helped supervise audio/video/data sub-contractors in liaison with a project manager and our New York based executives. Having hired and trained an engineering staff of five I managed all daily technical operations. My responsibilities encompassed technical staff development, daily audio/video/computer operations, facilitating A/V requirements of rental activities and broadcasting/taping museum presentations. It was my job to evaluate, purchase, maintain and install broadcast or computer equipment and I implemented changes to our phone switch and voice mail systems. I worked with the database contractor to analyze the library software and develop new features. Reporting to the Vice President, I was responsible for senior management decisions and museum operations nights and weekends. MT&R is a state of the art television master control, theater, and radio studio for transmission, production, individualized listening, video on demand & exhibition.
- Preferred Video Products, Burbank CaliforniaVP SALES & MARKETING / CONSULTANT, 1997 - 2000I was invited by PVP to participate in a challenging turn-around situation for one year. PVP represents and distributes high-end professional video equipment to major market broadcasters, telecommunications common carriers, film and video post facilities, and networks. Under the guidance of President/CEO Richard Lyons I developed sales & marketing tools, wrote ad copy, web pages, and white papers in support of the NAB’98 rollout of MTI’s IntelliDeck and Digital Restoration Services SGI software. Overseeing five regional sales representatives I generated quotations, reviewed contracts and set up technology demonstrations. After the first year I stayed on in a consulting role for PVP, performing business development, technical writing, and website maintenance on a contract basis.
- Enron Broadband Services, Burbank CaliforniaSENIOR SALES ENGINEER, 2000 - 2000Championing customer causes with Engineering, Implementation, Network Operations, and Product Development, I supported the Media and Content vertical market Deal Originators. We promoted and prescribed our MediaCast service for streaming live or on-demand video, bypassing the congested and over-subscribed Internet via the Enron Intelligent Network. An in-house resource/evangelist for high quality encoding and digital pre-mastering/restoration, I’ve demonstrated EBS products at industry trade shows such as NAB, Sun Digital Media Universe, and Real Conference2000. Traveling with the Venture Capital group, I contributed technical reality-checks to our due diligence process. Evaluating technical requirements or feasibility of deals for Strategic Alliance and New Product Deal Originators, I participated in exploratory and negotiating sessions with first to market innovators and ePower partners leading to millions of total contract value dollars.
- Teranex, Burbank CaliforniaAPPLICATIONS SALES ENGINEER, 2000 - 2001Teranex is a manufacturer of massively parallel SIMD Architecture video processing computer platforms. We provided format conversion, pre-compression processing and encoding software to the Post Production, Broadcast, and Broadband video markets. Presenting our technology story at trade shows and private demonstrations, I supported Teranex sales initiatives and helped close deals working with the Regional Sales Managers. As a first line of liaison in the field, I provided customer feedback to Product Management as well as on-site installation and upgrade assistance for Customer Service. I contributed feature and product ideas to Engineering, sought out and created opportunities for Business Development and generated leads for my territories by researching new and previously targeted verticals.
- Advanced Video Designs, Burbank CaliforniaTECHNICAL WRITER / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT, 2001 - 2003Preparing product requirement documents, white papers, web pages, feature descriptions, help files, press releases and business proposals are some of the assignments I completed while freelancing with AVD. The company introduced a high definition digital disk recorder at NAB 2003 to the Telecine and Post Production market, a dual channel HD I/O interface board for OEM’s was to follow later that year.
- Good Guys!, Valencia / Daly City, CaliforniaProduct Specialist, 2003 - 2005Starting at store 44 in Valencia and later at store 02 in Daly City - Serramonte I sold Camcorders, Digital Cameras and many types of High Definition Big Screen TVs including Plasma, DLP, LCoS, Direct View and Rear Projection LCD and CRT. In this customer facing retail environment my compensation was commission based and I consistently exceeded my gross profit targets for product, accessories and extended service protection. Repeat customers and referrals sought me out for my friendly, honest and knowledgeable solutions to specific requirements or general technical issues.
- Pacific Coast Visions, Santa Clara CaliforniaSales Executive, 2005 - 2006Pacific Coast Visions (PCV) is a Manufacturer’s Rep firm in the Broadcast, Industrial and Pro A/V marketplace. Calling on over 100 Northern California channel sales and designer/consultant partners for top flight OEMs including AutoPatch, Winsted and Chyron was my primary responsibility. Traveling within an extensive territory, I demonstrated product and trained dealer sales staff while providing quotation support and manufacturer liaison. Prior to my hire, this territory had gone completely fallow due to illness and neglect. I cleaned up and expanded the account list, sought out new business and built sales back up from zero in short order.
- Riptopia, San Francisco CaliforniaSales Account Manager, Western Regional, 2006 - 2007Riptopia converted music CDs into digital files for use on an iPod or media server. Reporting to the Director of Business Development and the A/V Partners Pipeline Executive I handled our western states & provinces dealer channel for the US and Canada calling on Tweeter, Bang & Olufsen and hundreds of Custom High-end Home Theater design/build professionals. Representing Riptopia on the phone, in the field and at trade shows such as CEDIA and EHX, I applied a mix of hunter/farmer/teacher techniques and used NetSuite to seek out, sign up and generate revenue from new and existing Riptopia re-sellers.
- Vsolay / Point Marketing, Brisbane CaliforniaAssociate Producer / Video Editor, 2007 - 2007
- Equilibrium, Sausalito CaliforniaSales, 2007 - 2007
- Cheap Computer Graphics (D.B.A.)Animator / Consultant, 1986 - 1995Freelancing with my own equipment or in a client studio I provided quick turnaround on 3‑D animations, effects, and simulations. Using my TARGA/32, TIPS, and TOPAS system I produced 3‑D animations, computer generated stereo‑pair views of CAD models, and slides of frame grabs from videotape. In August 1990 two of my stereo pairs were displayed at the annual SIGGRAPH convention in Dallas and included as part of the technical slide set. I also conducted Beta site testing and evaluation for OEMs as well as convention demos and end user training for local VARs.
‘Avengers’ TV Show Star Patrick Macnee Dies at 93 | Variety
Patrick Macnee, best known for his role on "The Avengers" British TV series, died of natural causes at his home in Rancho Mirage, Calif. He
‘The X-Files’ Event Series on Fox — David Duchovny & Gillian Anderso...
“The X-Files” gang is getting back together for a six-episode limited series that has formally been given a series order by Fox. David Ducho
Boycott Israel Movement Stunts the Palestinian Economy
A push to “boycott, divest and sanction” (BDS) Israeli companies has limited impact on the credit profile of Israel, yet it directly harms i
The moment the SpaceX rocket crash-landed on a boat - space - 16 January...
Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX, tweets dramatic pictures from his firm's recent failed attempt to land a rocket on a boat
Google reveals Windows flaw mere days before Patch Tuesday fix, irking M...
Google published a bug it found in Windows 8.1 before Microsoft could patch it. But Microsoft is crying foul, saying a fix is in the works a
Dish Network Claims ‘Extortion’ in Fox News Carriage Fight | Variety
As the carriage fight between Fox News Channel and Dish Network stretches into its second week, Dish Network chief Charlie Ergen is blaming
A Letter From Mike Cavanagh: Making Sense of the Avid Media Composer Lic...
A letter to Avid Media Composer users, addressing concerns about new licensing & upgrade plans. Dear Avid Customers,This year, Avid announce
Jurassic World Trailer Is Here! And So Is the Scariest Dinosaur Ever...W...
I'm really proud of you for going on this trip...and remember, if something chases you—run, Jud...
Jim Cramer on His Dad: ‘Our Last Day Together Was Our Best One’
A tribute to Ken Cramer, or 'Pop', father of TheStreet.com founder, 'Jimmy'.
New Study From M-Lab Sheds Light On Widespread Harm Caused By Netflix Ro...
On Tuesday, M-Lab released a new study on the impact of network interconnection on consumer Internet performance. The report entitled "ISP I
Labor Board Orders CNN to Rehire 100 Fired Employees | Variety
The National Labor Relations Board has ordered CNN to rehire 100 workers and compensate 200 others for a labor dispute that originated in 20
Cinematic Cuts Exploit How Your Brain Edits What You See | WIRED
It's amazing that film editing works, because it's so disruptive to the visual information coming into the brain, says Jeffrey Zacks, a neur
New York radio contrarian and WNYC morning host Steve Post dies at age 70
Steve Post, long-time morning host on WNYC and one of New York radio's all-time great contrarians, died Sunday. He was 70.