Interesting stats. Would love to see an ongoing update on the progress. Any leads? What are your thoughts. Brand managers, community managers, are you out there?
13 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 21 previous comments
- ROI? Corporations need to get their heads off what they can do to exploit customers, and focus on what value and benefit they are offering to people to convince them to follow brands on social media.
They must move from "What's in it for us?" to "What are we providing to them?" Would it kill corporations to start being altruistic, build excitement by sharing expertise as well as discounts, comparison guides, and product info?Nov 30, 2011
- Speaking from a small business perspective I don't have a mechanism for getting the word out to people to join My Business Page. I can't ask them to join or follow them unless they follow me first. My existing clients are not represented significantly on Google + and even though we are making an effort to get them to join it is slow.
Comparatively on my personal page it is relatively easy to follow existing clients and even comment on their posts, as I am doing here. Someone can read this find it interesting and then follow me in return. Unless I am missing something it is going to be very slow for small business adoption of google pages because of limitations.
I realize your post was focused on larger organizations that should already have a fan base and probably my observations are not the inhibiting factor for them but I thought it was an opportunity to voice my frustration from a small business perspective.Nov 30, 2011
- HEY GUYS -- Are you sending these great suggestions to Google via the Feedback link? Please do. They are very good ideas! :^)Nov 30, 2011
- I'll give them the link here!Nov 30, 2011
- I'm loving this conversation! Nevertheless, I don't fully understand why are these numbers surprising if we take into consideration the marketing and interactive tools available in Facebook as opposed to the ones that are offered within the G+ platform...Nov 30, 2011
- Thanks for sharing!Nov 30, 2011