Oh, I am sooo glad I have been making sure my data is backed up, and even better that most of my tools are web based now. Should make switching to the replacement computer easier.
My only issue is that I was not keeping the backup laptops as up-to-date as they need to be. The one I'm typing on now is fine, but another one hadn't been updated in 2 years. The others a few months.
This delays the 'back to work' flow.
Have you checked YOUR backups lately? Or are you going to have the same old story of lost data... again?
Here is a nice 17 minute podcast with reviewing fans favorite solos from Jimmy:
I especially like how Joe overruled the vote for Stairway, and instead chose a more unique solo that perhaps many have not heard.
I also like Joe's regret about not pushing his solo for No Quarter when #BlackCountryCommunion covered it at their shows.
Hey Joe, another regret might be giving up on BCC, but that's a rant for another time.
Special thanks to for mentioning this on Facebook page.
#joebonamassa #jimmypage #ledzeppelin
I'm sure someone has come up with a better term, but this just popped into my head.
Grunter: someone that can only verbalize a word or two with nary a contributing thought. On Google+ (or any typed word format such as Facebook or email), such grunters can bring their knuckles from the ground to type out gems of intrigue such as:
- nice post
- you pretty
- i agree
and of course the knuckle-dragger call-to-action - Circle Me
To the Neanderthals,
It's ok to Grunt. We all have a tool for it that makes it easy to grunt. It's called the Plus One button. Just one-click instead of trying to use your banana fingers to formulate a short word.
Thank you for clicking.
#squirrel #howtoplusone #nothingtosay
the kid looks ok too
Any mirror, and a handful of kid, and you have an opportunity for a double-selfie.
The photo quality of Glass really impresses me. Sure, the lighting is good, with a light directly over head, with extra light bouncing of my special forehead reflector. But notice the tones, the details, and the how Glass handled the bright light from the doorways.
This photo is untouched, except for whatever filters Google may use to auto-enhance.
#googleglass #photography #glassexplorers
"Ladies and gentlemen, the captain has turned off the fasten seatbelt sign. Please remain seated.
And we have WiFi. Yeah"
Oh, the future looks great.
Maybe something like this... a friendly reminder to wear a helmet if you keep walking and staring up at your Google Glass.
I had no idea this was shared, and certainly with a community that this photo has nothing to do with.
Thank you to for commenting, which brought it to my attention.
But, maybe we can keep it here as an example of being careful of others using your devices.
Now I have to see what else the little minions shared, and with who.
The interaction of these Hangouts On Air are addictive and should be regulated.
I'd like to report a few enablers that are making these shows more dangerous to those that have precious few productive hours in a day. (24 hours is just not enough time, please add 6 more hours to the day Google The Powerful)
The following people are known distributors of this highly addictive, time-consuming, life-enhancing scourge on my life. Yeah, I'm looking right at you , (and your shows at ). enables those two to help make their shows better, doesn't help by making Christine a co-host.
There are even lawyers involved with this conspiracy, but I won't mention any of them because, of #LegallySpeaking is libel to hit me with a libel suit.
Seriously, this has to stop. I just killed an hour this morning seeing that I missed an HOA last night, and had to catch up on others on my Watch Later list. And there are more shows this afternoon.
Step 1 - lookup what shows are on at
- Seven Sages, LLCOwner, 1996 - presentIn the ever changing tech world, and quick pace of Internet progress, adapting to change is vital. Starting with computers way back in 1982 (and TRON), then on the Internet in 1992, before there was actually a WWW (1994), skills have varied from programming animation, desktop publishing, database design, coding and management, networking protocols, web design, email management, website development, community building, eCommerce, spam filtering, computer security, wireless technology (wifi and cellular), web server and email server management, and.... oh, my fingers are getting tired, and that is all just pre-2000. (ok, the mobile internet was 2002) Since 2002? More and more security for servers and websites and email. More and more constant changes in SEO and online marketing. More and more online profiles and social media. Mobile anyone? 2012 starts bringing in more attention to privacy and information protection, leading to secure SSL connections and email/document archiving, encryption, compliance issues. And moving forward past 2014 we have more enforcement of privacy regulations and laws to force adoption of 'Best Practices' for protection of information in the Cloud and the desktop. Looking to have the company bought out, since 1996. Make a large offer, please.
- FDNYFirefighter, 1987 - 2002Firefighter in NYC, Bronx No sure there is much to add to this.
- FDNY - BFIFire Marshal, 1994 - 1997
- FDNY - BOTTV and Video Producer, 1992 - 1994
PO Box 708 Brookfield, CT 06804
- Humor, Sarcasm, Irony, Absurdity
- Small Business
- Internet Usage for Home and Business
- Social Media
- Online Marketing
- Business Hacks
- General Rants
- possible delving into science, religion, politics, health, and whatever else floats into my head.
- Scattered and unpredictable
- Led Zeppelin - Bustle in the Hedgerow
While there are multiple 'Other Profiles' below, most are there just to get an understanding of them. And, of course, being in Web Tech, I kinda need to know about them.
It looks like Google+ will likely become the main profile, with LinkedIn rounding out work info.
Work related friends and associates can connect via LinkedIn or the Google+ Seven Sages page
It is hard to keep two distinct profiles to separate business and personal, but it is really the proper way of going, at least that's my current thinking in 2012-13. 2014 might see a merging of profiles. might
- Internet and BeyondInformation Technology, 1980 - 2014All learning based on self-taught interests and needs, focusing on the most efficient processes while keeping long term goals in mind using Best Practices for each field, always with a view of 5 years ahead.
- Bluebird Reviews (current)
- Web Management at Seven Sages (current)
- Tips on Web Marketing and Info (current)
- FallenBrothers.com (current)
- Amazon Reviews (current)
- RocketTheme (current)
- vBulletin (past)
- TechDirt (past)
- Brian T Shea (current)
- Quora (current)
- Quora for work (current)
- Dreamstime (current)
- Another empty space of Brian Shea (current)
How to Write a Professional Bio For Any Social Media Network
Tips from writers and experts on how to write a professional bio for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or Google+.
New bionic eye may help restore some vision in blind
Argus II helps people suffering from degenerative eye disease retinitis pigmentosa see the difference between light and dark
AT&T Next to offer yearly upgrades as part of new monthly installmen...
Could it be that T-Mobile's efforts aren't going unnoticed in the wireless community after all? Less than a week after John Legere unveiled
30 Major U.S. Corporations Paid More to Lobby Congress Than Income Taxes...
Of the 30 companies analyzed in the report, all of them aside from FedEx didn't pay any federal income taxes from 2008 to 2010.