How to get 16:9 widescreen in Windows 8 CP using VirtualBox
Note: This is for users running Windows 7
- Power off your VM if it is running.
- From the Start Menu, go to "Accessories" and open "Command Prompt"
- Paste the following command into your prompt:
"C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\vboxmanage" setextradata "_put your VM's name here, keep the quotations" CustomVideoMode1 1366x768x32
- Exit out of the command prompt, open VirtualBox, and load up your VM.
- Navigate to the desktop in the Windows 8 VM, right click on the desktop and select "Screen Resolution". The new video mode should be in there. Select it and you're good to go!
Hope this helps!