It’s been about 11 months since I started my cleaning experiment to try to reduce the “get to the end of the feed” mentality when consuming content. I figured it was time for an update.
June 24, 2015: Aurora in green and red from International Space Station. NASA Astronaut Scott Kelly captured this photo of an aurora from the International Space Station on June 23, 2015. The dancing lights of the aurora provide spectacular views on the ground, but also capture the imagination of scientists who study incoming energy and particles from the sun. Aurora are one effect of such energetic particles, which can speed out from the sun both in a steady stream called the solar wind and due to giant eruptions known as coronal mass ejections or CMEs.
Credit: NASA/JSC, U.S. Astronaut Scott Kelly
Date: June 23, 2015
#NASA #Space #ISS #Earth #Aurora #Astronaut #ScottKelly
#Spacecraft #YearInSpace #Expedition44 #USA #UnitedStates
#Photography #Art #Science #STEM #Education #JourneytoMars #UnitedStates #Photography #Canadarm2 #Canada #CSA
- Stanford UniversityPhysics, 2000 - 2004
- University of California, Santa CruzPhysics, 2004 - 2008
- California Institute of TechnologyStaff Scientist, 2012 - presentI'm a principle mission scientist on a NASA Small Explorer mission, the Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope ARray (NuSTAR), the world's first focusing hard X-ray telescope. I "do science" (I mostly study supernova remnants like Cassiopeia A) now that NuSTAR is up in space, but I also help to develop and maintain the software down here on the ground that turns the bits and bytes coming down from NuSTAR into pictures and spectra.
- California Institute of TechnologyPostdoc, 2008 - 2012
- University of California, Santa CruzResearch Assistant, 2004 - 2008
Where to hang out at Google+, list of hangouts at Google+
List of the latest hangouts at Google+ (GooglePlus). Visit them, or announce and schedule your own hangout.
Group/as - Social network user grouping made easy.
Easily add users of the most popular social networks to groups. Help people know who to follow!
AstroBetter — Tips and Tricks for Professional Astronomers
Tips and Tricks for Professional Astronomers
Do you think Congress should fully fund the James Webb Space Telescope, ...
The best free online polling website for Twitter. Create and share polls and votes with your friends and followers.