Happy Tuesday folks, we've got a new Protractor release out today!
This fixes an embarrassing bug where ChromeDriver wouldn't update properly with `webdriver-manager update`.
- Upgraded the version of ChromeDriver that webdriver-manager downloads to 2.14 - which is notable because this version supports Shadow DOM! You can use `by.deepCss` to find elements inside a shadow root, or just `by.css('* /deep/ .foo')`
- Adds support for custom testing frameworks - if you'd like to use your own, take a look at https://github.com/angular/protractor/tree/master/lib/frameworks
- Adds a library, Expected Conditions, for dealing with stability issues when on non-Angular pages. This adds a lot of helpers for dealing with issues like "wait for my login button to appear". See the notes at https://github.com/angular/protractor/blob/master/lib/expectedConditions.js
for more details.
- We've updated the element explorer with a significant refactor that combines the infrastructure with what we use for browser.pause. This means that you can now use a configuration file with element explorer. See the docs at http://angular.github.io/protractor/#/debugging#testing-out-protractor-interactively
- Added the `browser.getProcessedConfig` method. This lets you get at the configuration for one specific browser instance. This will support use cases such as doing different setup in `onPrepare` based on the browser being used.
Full changelog linked, as always!